1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Jake Stegmeier

Posts by Jake Stegmeier

  • Jacob Stegmeier | Multiplayer Level Designer

    • Jake Stegmeier
    • February 27, 2020 at 5:20 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    4 hours ago, blackdog said: That should totally be possible. I only used Wix ages ago, and you could basically create a completely custom theme then. Should at least have some options for this kind of stuff, because most of the WYSIWYG editors I've fiddled with allow for mobile-specific behaviours.

    Yeah I was able to do a simple script to make the menu at the top change depending on your device. I just gotta read up on the API to do that with the background. Or I could be lazy and just make it a dark gray

  • Jacob Stegmeier | Multiplayer Level Designer

    • Jake Stegmeier
    • February 26, 2020 at 9:46 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    6 hours ago, blackdog said: Yeah I was browsing on iOS Safari. Not sure how common it is for HR in this sector to browse on mobile, maybe tablet is a better case but I have no insight.

    Yeah the content page is fixed, the first screenshot I posted still has a background, now it’s less blurry but possibly more distracting? I would just not have it or tone down the opacity quite a lot.

    Yeah that's tricky because it looks really good on PC but not as much on mobile. I'll have to mess with some code at some point here to get the background to change on mobile

  • Jacob Stegmeier | Multiplayer Level Designer

    • Jake Stegmeier
    • February 25, 2020 at 6:58 PM

    @blackdog


    I think I figured it out, seems to be an issue with safari. I believe I fixed that issue with the text on every page using container boxes.

  • Jacob Stegmeier | Multiplayer Level Designer

    • Jake Stegmeier
    • February 25, 2020 at 5:29 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    1 hour ago, blackdog said: Not sure if is cache, I haven’t opened your website before today, but I can see background images that make text less legible and not such clear separation between entities (although in the portfolio index is not a big deal, just can create a weird optical effect)

    I was just doing some edits this morning so you may of caught me while I was making updates. Does the text still look like that out of the box on that page? Also what browser do you use on mobile? On my Google Pixel it shows up right


    That blur effect gets caused my mobile getting screwy with backgrounds. I may just set it to switch to a plain background when someone uses mobile if I can't get the picture backgrounds to show up properly

  • Jacob Stegmeier | Multiplayer Level Designer

    • Jake Stegmeier
    • February 24, 2020 at 7:11 PM

    @Puddy

    @JollyHolly


    Thanks for the detailed feedback guys! I ended up giving the site a significant makeover based on a lot of your notes. It should be a lot easier to navigate now and find my contact information.

    It now opens on the portfolio. The buttons and titles are attached to their entries clearer.

    Email and my name have been included in the header to be seen on any page on the site at any time.

    Killed the background in portfolio to make the pictures pop

    Cut down on a bit of text in the about page

    And I even rearranged some things in each of the entries.

    @Puddy Do companies actually filter out applicants if they haven't paid for their domain? Like if something says .wixsite.com. I hadn't heard of that before?

  • Jacob Stegmeier | Multiplayer Level Designer

    • Jake Stegmeier
    • February 10, 2020 at 9:11 PM

    https://jakestegmeier.wixsite.com/portfolio

    Hi, I'm a recent graduate from Arizona State University, in the process of applying for level designer jobs.

    My portfolio is entirely of mod work for the Halo Franchise, and much of my work has seen success in online matchmaking.

    Any feedback on format, content, organization, tech, etc.. is welcome. I'd like to make it as best as I can


    Also I'm open to opportunities ;) if anyone has any leads

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™