Posts by mtchromatic
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'm working on the areas near B, updated the workshop version last night.
-
Quote from Interfearance
1 hour ago, Interfearance said:
Pretty ridiculous. As much as I would like to see steam get phased out, if the French court rules that the game "licenses" are in fact resellable its bad news for everyone.External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.They are appealing but its essentially the French supreme court that ruled against them so...
Wallpaper engine is $4 now, but it used to be free... If you got it while it was free, resell it for S T O N K S
-
-
Quote from Interfearance
2 hours ago, Interfearance said: New maps from valve that try new things like canals (minus the shit timings and execution). Something like ovp was. Even with a massive competition going on, I have yet to see anything that is really out there. I get it though, it's a small timeframe and 4 square layouts are safe.
Why not new community maps? It would add diversity in themes, as well as innovate with layouts. The scrimmage gamemode has already provided a place to test community maps. Cache has been the only community map in the competitive pool for years. Maps don't have to be from volvo to be good.
-
Comparing DZ and the mp5 to the revolver is unfair. The mp5 effectively led to the mp7 being usable, and (imo) danger zone is pretty fun with a friend. Revolver - fucking destroys everything upon launch, is now barely used.
-
Oh dear. I saved a new version of the map file to test some different spawns and bombsites, and when I loaded up the map, it stuttered like it was making a navmesh, then crashed. Only indication of what was wrong was an error about EmitAmbientSound: warning, broadcasting sound labeled as SND_SPAWNING. Map still didn't work after various things, removing custom textures, removing all ambient sounds and soundscapes, copying and pasting the map into a new file. Some older versions didn't work. Loading up the workshop version without the console worked perfectly, so I might have to start again from there. 99% of the changes were just to the radar, it won't be too annoying to redo. Still going to try installing and compiling on another PC.
Compiled on different PC - crash still occurred with de_keg_v9.vmf Not even going to investigate further at this point, just going to work off the workshop version and save more backups.
-
de_keg_v9_radar.ddsHere's the current radar
-
Quote from P0TAT0
23 minutes ago, P0TAT0 said:
Multi-level radar is when the radar changes to a different radar, for lower and higher area's like de_nuke for example.
What I mean by using tar_overlap gives it stripes to indicate you're able to stand below and under it. You would use this for making a tunnel that would go under mix for example.
Of course I'm not the best teacher so I would recommend watching TopHATTWaffle video on TAR if you still don't get it.
Thanks for clarifying. I was messing with the tar_divider or something like that this morning, and managed to break the lighting in the map. : / I know that tar_overlap is a visgroup, I'll try that out later.
-
Quote from P0TAT0
1 hour ago, P0TAT0 said: Btw, shouldn't you be able to use a tar_overpass or something like that for the tunnel?
Is that how you do the multi-level radar?
-
Made a small update to make ct spawn nicer, there are some textures that aren't packed though. I still need to playtest the new sites.
-
-
-
Quote from P0TAT0
Just now, P0TAT0 said: yes
yes
-
-
anim-driven controls cause me pain
*sometimes they do it right and your character's nerves are functional