Post-playtest but pre-post-playtest update post! Planned changes: -Remove green room. It was kinda fun, but people almost universally said to remove it to simplify the map, and make it harder for T's to get through to CT spawn. -MOVE CT'S BACK This'll make those yellow boxes at A more useful for Terrorists. -Make the bit under B lighter this is objectively good -Remove the wallbang at the keg room leading to B, and probably make that area safer for T's in general Might give them a vent for nades or something -Make outside areas less like fancy skybox corridors
Posts by mtchromatic
-
-
-
I think I fixed it. I removed all the custom assets from my folders then ran the latest workshop version, and that worked.
-
Quote from Vanx
7 hours ago, Vanx said: Seems that there are some bugs inside (missing props and textures), just download it from the playtest submission sheet, maybe your able to fix it before the playtest https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1849852026
Thank you very much for testing this! This version was done on a different PC, and I must have messed up when setting up custom textures and packing with VIDE. I'll recompile an old version. (Like in the patch notes, I need to fix those nade lineups anyway. If you were wondering what they're supposed to be for, one of them is a smoke at A that lets you push onto the site, and another is a smoke for the tunnel.)
Something I noticed : I don't have to wait for my workshop submission to be approved anymore. I guess 15 or so updates with patch notes is enough for them to "trust" it.
-
-
-
Got around to loading up the map. It was confusing to navigate. At the very least, add more arrows.
The abundance of very high walls and narrow hallways didn't help this either. The layout consists of huge open areas connected by narrow corridors, and the bombsites are large areas that have barely any/crates for cover. Think about an after-plant situation, especially on Bombsite A, there aren't many interesting places to defend from. The layout also uses verticality at somewhat insignificant points, while leaving the bombsites flat and sparse.
-
Map is getting playtested this sunday!
-
The bombsites seem rather generic to me, a square plant zone with some crates on it.
-
Workshop version and images updated! Only real gameplay change is that the staircase in mid got deleted. Results of timings test ~15 seconds to get onto A site through road entrance ~15 seconds to get onto A site if you go through the balcony thing where the Brush logo is You can still get boosted up to where the staircase used to be, it takes about 8 seconds to get there and get boosted. This makes the road entrance more desirable, as it is not insanely slow compared to mid anymore.
-
they never turned on net_graph 1
-
In the few scrimmage games I played on it people went mid every single round. Not many successful bomb plants took place.
-
I always knew the vent had to go, because it was ugly, too long, and the areas it connected didn't really make sense for a vent to connect.
The glass wall blocking off the table area nerfs the spot a bit, as it's slower to get to cover.
Using a molotov is probably better than smoking off the window due to this.
There's a little electric box you can use to jump up into it.
-
-
Did some more rigorous bot testing, ended 51 to 21 for CT's It stopped working at 72 for some reason.
-
Workshop updated!
-
Quote from Interfearance
On 7/15/2019 at 5:59 PM, Interfearance said: It might get in the way of game play preventing you from getting more useful feedback. Also you know you can make your own cover with brushes instead of letting valve's props shape your level's game play.
Agreed, I would love to see this map become less of a crate-fest.
-
This is the greatest shitpost I've ever seen
-
Oof, was working on the skybox and got the crashing issue again. I've got a bunch of recent backups so it'll be fine : )
-