1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. underdogs

Posts by underdogs

  • Struggling with generic AI Concept Art? I'll help you

    • underdogs
    • April 2, 2026 at 6:02 PM

    Hi! Do you need original concept art?


    I helped my last client replace AI art with my human-led concept strategies (mood boards and design thinking) to get their game pitch approved by the board of directors.

    [*] See the full project: https://www.menogcreative.com/design-blog/ai…-concept-artist [*] More from my Artstation. [*] And website. [/list]

    If you are in a production where ideas look generic, let me know by email: [email protected]

    Excited to hear from you! Miguel Nogueira


    ---


    Some portfolio images are below (none of them feature AI, for that consulting work, visit the first link for the client case study):


    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/kx/pwtw4d15ayug.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/yq/ax17dnpnr9on.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/06/ib058rjj2df7.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/2x/1yljuds6jn8r.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/ia/l8wslphne0m8.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/5g/g7buczao5tb6.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/k2/yomauhrd3hi8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/et/5ejug760njnb.jpg]

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • May 2, 2025 at 4:29 PM

    Most of my creature designs rely on reference, even when I’m aiming for something completely original or fantastical. Using references helps me channel a specific mood, energy, or vibe into the creature, almost like casting the right actor for a role. It’s kind of a cheat code, one that helps make the creature more believable and avoids the trap of creating an “inside joke” only I would get. In these sci-fi designs, I pulled from insects, my own biases, and natural elements to form the biology of something alien. Find more behind-the-scenes shots, free insights, and tutorials here: https://www.menogcreative.com/creature-design


    [Blocked Image: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2025_05/a.jpg.9f7922f512d8dc0dbbc88cda0794a40e.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2025_05/b.jpg.9594df072bc8b1451bba8e8ff5a2e98f.jpg][Blocked Image: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2025_05/d.thumb.jpg.86afa5ec7e54a287326d9235f843142b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2025_05/c.jpg.76526d7db5b5e3ab6bc9f4481e20ed21.jpg]

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • April 18, 2025 at 9:17 AM

    Many of my character concept art pieces include assets that I've rarely showcased individually.

    With my sci-fi character designs, most of them feature a robotic implant of some sort. Arms like these start from a free base mesh, a normal human arm, which I then sculpt on top by re-skinning it as hard-surface, and converting all the human joints, fingers, and bending parts into screws, pistons, and ball joints.

    Essentially, I re-imagine the human body as a machine. Find more behind-the-scenes shots and tutorials here: http://www.menogcreative.com/scifi-props

    [Blocked Image: https://cdn.cara.app/production/posts/a5b0779b-2f1f-4cfb-8748-b2e67c07d4a5/menogcreative-xTb9cpqGXTkDXmmcg61yK-wtataw.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://cdn.cara.app/production/posts/a5b0779b-2f1f-4cfb-8748-b2e67c07d4a5/menogcreative-o3Sk2O6dhDtFyXRAyRkk3-tgea3ta.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://cdn.cara.app/production/posts/a5b0779b-2f1f-4cfb-8748-b2e67c07d4a5/menogcreative-f0PV3FF3nPVRqjb9fYhod-drone_design_concept_art.jpg]

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • February 13, 2025 at 11:36 AM

    That's another wrap, I finished a recent project, check the complete case study, process breakdown, and how I collaborated with my latest client to get their needs met with character design:

    My links: http://www.menogcreative.com [email protected]


  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • October 25, 2024 at 10:42 AM

    A creature design from a while back. Available for new projects again! [Blocked Image: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/031/959/407/large/miguel-nogueira-x-e97ef415e5fc0eb076bcbec1875df46c-29140782-1280.jpg?1640079701]

    [Blocked Image: https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/010/092/723/large/miguel-nogueira-chimaera-01-tunraround-liquified2.jpg?1522529962]

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • January 19, 2024 at 7:50 PM

    new sketches from the IP im currently working on. More at menogcreative.com


  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • December 30, 2023 at 4:14 PM

    Hi! I've released a new course teaching all I know about starting, managing, and scaling a career as a freelancer. Are you making a New Year's goal out of this? Well, here's my contribution to help you.

    All included from finance trackers, email templates, meeting forms, client and lead generation, and more. Although I'm a Freelance Concept Artist, these are skills that apply to any Freelancer / Digital nomad running their own company. Find more about it and join the course, here: https://www.menogcreative.com/online-freelance-course

    The content cannot be displayed because you do not have authorisation to view this content.

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • December 18, 2023 at 1:09 PM

    Watch Trailer

    A few other IP’s give a concept artist more street-credit than to say they’ve worked on this one. Excited to share I’ve contributed to Season 4 of Battlefield 2042!

    While I wish I could have stayed longer on the project and didn’t have other commitments towards the end of the calendar, I managed to complete a massive amount of work for it. Unfortunately, I doubt any of that work will see the light of day due to the nature of the project. It was a true joy to work on it. I’m grateful for it.

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • December 8, 2023 at 3:46 PM

    here's some character design work for my old west personal IP.

    Tried to take geography in mind when approaching the designs and adjust them across other factors, like their economics, how well they do, and how often they travel.


    [Blocked Image: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_12/miguelnogueira-character-wildwestdoctors.thumb.jpg.6f702e0916354c7e5b279680cf96ea68.jpg] menogcreative.com for more ❤️

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • November 29, 2023 at 1:44 PM

    Haven't shared stuff like this before, but a big thank you to NetEase Games for inviting me to join this, I struggle to keep up with updates on projects I've worked on, but I do get around to it eventually! I hope I get to share the many concepts I've done for it sometime. 🤞


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • November 13, 2023 at 12:22 PM

    Decided to share some wips of a personal old west project.

    More process shots, wip images, and walkthroughs at my website. :)

  • Concept Artist looking for Work

    • underdogs
    • September 7, 2021 at 7:20 PM

    Name: Miguel Nogueira Timezone: GMT+1 (UK/London/Lisbon)

    What I can do: I can concept design through artwork, including ideas, iterations, brainstorming, story research, level design and game design sketches, mood, aesthetics, and art direction in general. I also have experience working in graphic design, digital and traditional clay sculpting, and have knowledge of cinematography and multimedia tools. I have worked with a few indies and big studios alike, such as Frictional Games with Amnesia Rebirth, collaborated with Blink 182, Volta Studio, NetEase Games, acted as consultant and Art contest jury to AMD, to name a few. [Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/az/kja21wj9oq6e.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/48/5a3qn6mgcbpt.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/36/zqfj5zweljbl.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/t3/b1md2zvtccby.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/gz/bw0vv1ubmg1d.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/sc/diajcpsa41js.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/ur/3hy4bt7t5zyw.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/cq/j9cp2htpqfl5.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/wa/7ybxcfn2qbxl.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/u7/352i96z41hzq.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/9i/85jgf9gchp0l.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/cv/w9zr9yovbga3.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/h3/rfyx5qzod4qi.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/rb/kfswlj1d3qwl.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/l2/7q2b50or0eei.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/k7/jqf6n3pectek.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/16/cqtom5qxcppb.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/2b/wmcbf7agcy9x.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/xf/3ekhwhq9dlm5.jpg][Blocked Image: https://us.v-cdn.net/5021068/uploads/editor/s8/n8v694rn2pgb.jpg] My work has been featured from news sites such as Kotaku to art communities such as Behance (character design category feature), CGSociety Hall of Fame, and Artstation Editor's picks. I'm currently working with a few studios under NDA material. If you have a project you'd like to start, I'd love to hear from you, reach out by email, as I'm currently booking the following available weeks in my schedule. I'll invite you to visit my website: [email protected]

  • remove

    • underdogs
    • July 5, 2019 at 6:15 PM

    filled

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™