1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. xysdf

Posts by xysdf

  • [CS:GO] - De_Seed - Final release

    • xysdf
    • March 25, 2018 at 10:17 AM

    @Serialmapper looks nice!

  • [CS:GO] - De_Seed - Final release

    • xysdf
    • March 24, 2018 at 8:53 PM

    Thanks for the feedback guys! Yeah, textures are not up to date but I made them pretty consistent throuout the map so it might be a style question. I have put down some information on how to build such a map if anyone is interrested. First I started laying out my map with a 16 bit heightmap texture which I then transformed into displacement patches using DispGen .


    Next I worked on them in hammer for my desired look, small/big changes here and there until the map finally reached a state like this in the overview (note the square patches which form the displacement surfaces):

    Now one thing is a bit tricky to figure out and you might need it for building holes. If you want a hole in your map, select the patch where the hole should be in and cut from the 4 corners to the desired hole you want in your map ( Out of one patch you make 4 and a hole) - Looks like this:

    Have fun!

  • [CS:GO] - De_Seed - Final release

    • xysdf
    • March 22, 2018 at 11:50 AM

    Final release! -Bug fixes -Feedback work -Visual improvements -Small gameplay changes -New minimap ----------------------------------- If there is an error or a bug, I would be glad to hear about it!

    _____________________Click here for my Steam Workshop page.

    More screenshots

    Known issues: It does not support multicore-rendering! Turn that off in the graphic setting or you might end up in disappointment. (It might work for some folks out there but my experience is that it crashes the map randomply in the first minutes of gameplay. I don't know who to blame for that...) [/list] Special thanks to:

    - Str0nk - Squinky™


    from the steam workshop.

  • [CS:GO] - De_Seed - Final release

    • xysdf
    • February 23, 2018 at 9:07 PM

    Hi everyone! There is quite some history on this map release since I started it way back in Counter Strike Source years ~2005 (80% complete i would say) but never released it or called it finished. This had a good reason because at that time I got hired for my fist job in the games industry as a character artist which got me fully occupied at that time and further years.

    Now its 2018 and I was searching through my hard drive and wanted to finally release it to the public, but now ported and adjusted to Counter Strike Global Offensive along with some visual improvements.

    At the time of creation I had in mind to make a unique map out of displacement surfaces for non vertical/horizontal gameplay and a simple and quickly memorize able layout. Its focus is on open field battles and gives not too many corners to hide. Right now I call it beta2 since there is slightly room for improvement and I need to gather feedback on how it plays and visual & other improvements that could be adjusted/done - Everyone who helps me out on that is highly welcome!


    Click here for my Steam Workshop page.

    [/list]


    More Screenshots Known issues by now: It does not support multicore-rendering! Turn that off in the graphic setting or you might end up in disappointment. (It might work for some folks out there but my experience is that it crashes the map randomply in the first minutes of gameplay. I don't know who to blame for that...) [/list]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™