1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Eric_Chocholacek

Posts by Eric_Chocholacek

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Eric_Chocholacek
    • November 16, 2017 at 4:49 PM

    @blackdog You should definitely check them out! SOMA is a mindboggling trip, haha, and I really love the chase sequences in Outlast 2, there's always the feeling that the enemies are right at your heels, especially when they force you to crawl through tight areas.

    Thanks for the playtest offer! Will certainly reach out once I feel the game is in a testable state. :]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Eric_Chocholacek
    • November 16, 2017 at 3:50 PM

    Hey @blackdog, thanks for the comment :D This is a project I'm making by myself as a portfolio piece (I've posted my website in the portfolio forum as well if you want to see some more progress screenshots). I'm using UE4 and aiming for console and PC platforms.


    Will definitely get a video up and running here soon! I'm doing things a little backwards so I don't have much audio implemented right now, but really looking forward to diving in to the audio design side of things to round off the experience. I'd say it's a classic horror fps, there's a handful of puzzles implemented to create a sense of progression, but I'm aiming to create something in the same vein as Outlast and SOMA as they're my biggest inspirations for this piece.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Eric_Chocholacek
    • November 16, 2017 at 1:15 AM

    Still a long ways to go, but I wanted to share some screenies I gathered from my horror game. (Apologies for the incredibly dark/poor lighting, it was quickly thrown in while I was placing assets so I could get a feel for the environment and is nowhere near final quality) Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! :]

  • Eric Chocholacek - Level Designer

    • Eric_Chocholacek
    • November 15, 2017 at 11:53 PM

    Hey everyone!

    My name is Eric Chocholacek and I'm an aspiring Level Designer. I graduated from a Game Art and Design course ~4 years ago now and have been invested in my job as a QA tester for the past few years, so the level designer dream was sadly pushed to the backburner. I was hoping that being in QA would help me get my foot in the door, but I've unfortunately never been in the right place at the right time as my work has mainly consisted of off-site work and contractor limitations. However, I've recently found the motivation to get back into it and have been plugging away at a project I'm calling "Split/Edit" and realized my portfolio website was pretty outdated and needed some love too!


    Here's the link to my website: http://www.ericchocholacek.com


    I'm looking for basically everything mentioned in the pinned post of this forum and would really appreciate any feedback you could supply regarding the website itself (is it easy to navigate? Do you know where to go when looking for examples of my work? Is the home/main page too busy? Is my floating head at the bottom of the page too weird/unprofessional?) as well as the work I have displayed. Additionally, I'm always on the look out for a level designer position within the industry and would be excited to further discuss any opportunities.


    Thanks in advance for any feedback and help you can provide!


    Please note that the Split/Edit page is still heavily WIP. I've added screenshots of what I've collected during my development thus far (definitely need some more for the blocking phase) but continue to add more as I get closer to the final version of the game.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™