1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. KingOfCorn

Posts by KingOfCorn

  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • May 11, 2019 at 5:45 AM
    Quote from That50

    On 5/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, That50'sGuy said: To be 100% fair, leaves don't stay green forever after they fall. But I suppose some of them should be green too since it's unlikely that none fell recently.

    I decided to remove them a couple of updates ago, they were a bit too autumn brown ?

    Quote from blackdog

    On 5/9/2019 at 3:46 PM, blackdog said: Maybe it’s too neutral (washed out) now, but I do love the looks of this map. Nice geometry and balance in every area.

    Good job!

    Thanks!

    A new update with a new B-site is coming out on the workshop today (hopefully). It has a clearer identity and feels more robust with cleaner angles, I think you will like it! I also made some slighter changes to mid and A. I will let you know again when it's up.

  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • April 29, 2019 at 7:47 PM

    I just released a new update for the map based on feedback from fellow mappers and the community.

    Here's a list of some of the changes:

    -Improved optimization -Better clipping -Slight changes to lighting in certain areas -Refined the nav-mesh and added callouts -New custom decals to better fit the theme -Additional detailing, mainly to the ground surfaces -Overall polish -Added better options for grenades between a-long and a, t-mid and middle and from porch (b-setup) to B -Made the stair in upper metro next to A go one floor higher. -The bombsites are now more robust -Replaced the front part of the truck on B due to bad hitboxes -Tweaked the skybox -Removed dead space in T-spawn. And more...

    Please have a look and tell me what you think!

    The map will be tested on mapcore tonight at 21.00. Let's see what it brings ?


  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • April 20, 2019 at 1:37 PM

    Ok, please tell me if you find a reason for it. Do you need to replace 2 files when you verify integrity of game files under local files in options for cs:go. And does it help to lower the texture quality under video settings in cs:go?

    I'm maybe starting to see a pattern.

    And thanks for the feedback zombi, will fix the B-truck issue.

  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • April 18, 2019 at 4:42 PM

    Someone told me that the map makes the game crash. Does anyone have the same thing happen?

    Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1716064469

  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • April 17, 2019 at 8:14 PM

    A new big update is now up on the workshop!

    I've reworked all of the lighting and made alot of gameplay changes to the map.

    The gameplay changes included a reworked T-spawn from scratch, a new metro area, a rework of the church, a new A-site and alot of other major stuff. I also added a new connector area from B setup to mid.

    Please have a look and I appreciate all the feedback I can get!


  • Mapcore FACEIT Hubs

    • KingOfCorn
    • December 19, 2018 at 7:51 PM

    Ok thanks for letting me know! I'll keep in touch!

  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • December 15, 2018 at 3:16 PM

    Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently gathering everything and refining the map. I will post and upload the improvements in the near future!

  • Mapcore FACEIT Hubs

    • KingOfCorn
    • December 11, 2018 at 6:05 PM

    I'm interested!

    Golden, 5 vs 5 competitive defusal map for CS:GO.

    Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1106669591

  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • December 11, 2018 at 6:19 AM

    Thanks alot!

    I've made several improvements based on community feedback and testing since the release.

    -Better clipping

    -Work done to improve shadows and lighting in certain places

    -Minor details added

    -Fixed a couple of decals/overlays not showing correctly

    -Minor bug fixes

    -Improved overall sound

    If you find something that doesn't seem right or if you would like to give me additional feedback I would greatly appreciate it!


  • [CS:GO] Golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • December 6, 2018 at 9:57 AM

    Golden is a 5 vs 5 competitive defusal map. I've been working on it since mid 2017 but with a 8 month break until August 2018 when I decided to pick it up again. The goal was initially to compete in the 2017 mapcore competition but I underestimated the time and effort it took to finish the project.

    The map is inspired by the older parts of Stockholm, Sweden. An unknown terrorist cell has executed an attack in the heart of the city. Their objective is to create chaos in the normally modest and safe capital. The Counter Terrorist unit called GIGN from France has reinforced the district since the national police force is inadequate and is struggling to handle the situation.

    Be sure to enjoy the level and I appreciate all the feedback and comments I can get!

    Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1716064469

  • [WIP] de_golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • October 7, 2017 at 5:04 PM

    Thanks! Had a great playtest yesterday that confirmed that it's getting better :)

  • [WIP] de_golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • October 6, 2017 at 3:09 AM

    I'm back with version 5 of Golden.

    I've been simplifying the layout and made it less busy and more spacious.

    Other than that I've been working on the 3d skybox and added other elements like a church tower that will act as a landmark.

    My plan is to get into the detailing process asap.

    Go check it out and tell me what you think!

    Here´s the link to the map on the Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1106669591

  • [WIP] de_golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • September 18, 2017 at 10:04 PM

    I've upload a new version to the workshop! (Version 4)

    Most significant changes:

    -Reworked the size of the B-bombsite making it bigger and less claustrophobic. -Reduced the height variation on the B-side of the map. -Remade the CT side of mid and made it more open. -Removed the drop area towards A all together to make that part of the map feel less hectic. -Divided the entrance to long A through metro from T-side for better engagements. -Added a vent between long A and mid.

    And much more !

    See for yourself:

    (The latest one on top)

    Screenshot from the new mid and an overview of the B-site.

  • [WIP] de_golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • August 30, 2017 at 7:13 PM

    Hi guys! I'm back with V3 of the map. Please check it out and enjoy! I'm looking forward to some feedback!

    Changelog 2017-08-30

    Changes made based on individual and organized playtesting.

    • Shortened the path from T-spawn to the metro towards A.
    • Blocked the route going from T-spawn directly to drop.
    • Added and altered the cover along the route from T-spawn to B.
    • Narrowed the T-connector from rear B to mid and making it a tunnel with a balcony above.
    • Added flowerpots in mid to clarify the boost spots.
    • Narrowed the mid part next to café and added some cover.
    • Reworked the stairs between mid and drop A.
    • Swapped the railing on B catwalk from T-side to a lighter one.
    • Reworked the B-site.
    • Added a round staircase from CT to B that’s closer to the site than before for faster rotations.
    • Adjusted the house roof, adding height and a moderate skill jump to reach the roof.
    • Starting on a church with a stair in front of CT-spawn to block the long angle through the CT-spawn.
    • Added and new route to mid från CT-spawn removing the old one that went through the B site.
    • Reworked the path between CT and A and added some cover.
    • Made the A-site deeper, rotated the marketplace and added some more cover.
    • Created a path from A-plateau in the back corner of site to the metro and removed the window above the entrance to A-site from metro.
    • Moved the stairs between metro and drop towards drop.
    • Improved the area below drop on CT-side and added a truck for cover.
    • Lowered the two balconies closest to mid for better grenade alignment.
    • Made the majority of the building shapes more realistic.
    • Additional improvements to clipping
    • A lot of smaller fixes and polish.

    See you next time!


  • [WIP] de_golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • August 24, 2017 at 12:43 AM

    A quick update!

    I'm currently working on alot of changes on the map after doing some serious playtesting.

    There is alot of changes and tweaks coming up, the bigger ones shown on the overview below. I'm slowly wrapping up the changes for version 3 of the map and will be releasing some screenshots and updating the workshop when I'm done.

    I want to thank everyone involved for the great support, it helps alot!

    I'll be back soon!

    Some changes coming up not shown below:

    • Reshaping some structures for a more realistic feel.
    • A huge amount of changes to angles and spots.
    • Reworked the sideroute to B from CT from scratch.
    • General balance changes.
    • Adding a church between CT-spawn and mid.
    • A facelift for the droparea at A.
    • Minor bug and glitch fixes.
    • Rotated the market in A and added cover.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 5.0

    • KingOfCorn
    • August 13, 2017 at 9:40 PM

    Hi! Just submitted for a playtest of my map de_golden on sunday 20170820. Is it possible to reschedule to thursday 20170817 instead?

  • [WIP] de_golden

    • KingOfCorn
    • August 11, 2017 at 12:03 AM

    My first upload of the defusal map de_golden (previously named de_stockholm). This is my first mapping project.

    I've done some basic texturing and detailing to get a feel for the atmosphere and theme.


    De_golden is a map set in the older parts of Stockholm, Sweden. An unknown terrorist cell has executed an attack in the heart of Stockholm called “The Old Town”. Their objective is to create chaos in the normally modest and safe capital.

    The Counter Terrorist unit called GIGN from France has reinforced the district since the national police force is inadequate and is struggling to handle the situation.


    Be sure to enjoy the level and I appreciate all the feedback and comments I can get!


    Here´s the link to the map on the Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1106669591


    Middle with A bombsite on the far right.

    A bombsite.

    Close up of a café in middle.

    Middle with some thematic detailing and the B bombsite straight ahead.

    Fastest route to B from Terrorist spawn.

    B bombsite.


Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™