1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. noobgames

Posts by noobgames

  • [WIP] de_Plaka

    • noobgames
    • June 11, 2017 at 2:20 PM
    Quote from Serialmapper

    On 2017-06-10 at 3:05 AM, Serialmapper said: http://gamebanana.com/maps/140827

    Thats not really being helpful...

  • [WIP] de_Québec

    • noobgames
    • June 8, 2017 at 9:18 PM

    THEME CHANGE! I decided to make this map into something else. I have decided to stop having this suburb under construction because of the fact that it would be too open and hard to optimise. I've tried many layouts but it just hasn't been working well.

    Now I've decided to change the theme to have this map being set in Québec City, a beautiful city in Canada, my home country. Because of the architecture of the city I think it'll be easier to make a good layout. Thats all for now!

  • de_Kypra

    • noobgames
    • June 7, 2017 at 11:12 PM
    Quote from Roald

    8 minutes ago, Roald said: Mmm somehow it looks smaller on the overview. Maybe because its shaped like a square...idk

    Or maybe those giant trees

  • de_art [WiP]

    • noobgames
    • June 6, 2017 at 11:49 PM

    Very nice looking map so far!

  • Avalanche

    • noobgames
    • June 6, 2017 at 9:09 PM

    Love the ski lift. :o Any overview yet?

  • [WIP] de_tuna

    • noobgames
    • June 6, 2017 at 11:44 AM

    Looks to be a very different sort of map, and I have no idea how it'll play out, but good on you for trying new things!

  • [WIP] De_Glace

    • noobgames
    • June 4, 2017 at 1:35 AM

    Loving the progress on this!

  • [WIP] Croatian village

    • noobgames
    • June 2, 2017 at 11:54 AM

    Good luck on this! :)

  • Brewery

    • noobgames
    • June 2, 2017 at 11:48 AM
    Quote from JimWood

    11 hours ago, JimWood said: Thanks man :) Photoshop: pen tool the outlines of the routes and then stroke it for the white boarders.

    Haha, too bad I'm too poor for Photoshop, anyways I'm looking forward to this!

  • Brewery

    • noobgames
    • June 1, 2017 at 11:49 PM

    How do you have such a good looking overview?

  • WIP cs_spacebase

    • noobgames
    • June 1, 2017 at 9:09 PM

    is it going to be like de_elysium?

  • [WIP] de_canaveral

    • noobgames
    • May 30, 2017 at 5:14 PM

    This map is looking to be really good, and the theme seems really cool. I recognize you from the video you did on de_spice a while back. I wanted to ask, how do you work with all those diagonals? Whenever I make diagonal floors it never seems to fit properly on the grid, or the corridor stops being at a constant size

  • [ASK] How do you guys greybox?

    • noobgames
    • May 29, 2017 at 10:22 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    34 minutes ago, FMPONE said: Agreed. Geybox is meant to be sloppy. It's for testing ideas and concepts.

    Thanks for the tips. Important question - how do you pronounce your name?

  • [ASK] How do you guys greybox?

    • noobgames
    • May 29, 2017 at 8:21 PM

    I'm making a greybox version of a csgo map right now, and I'm wondering how you guys actually do it.

    Do you guys use the walls to form the floor or form the floor individually?

    How do you guys position your walls relative to the floor?

    Sorry if this post was kinda confusing, thanks!

  • Bao [WIP]

    • noobgames
    • May 28, 2017 at 2:44 PM

    I'm looking forward to it :)

  • [WIP] de_heyken

    • noobgames
    • May 28, 2017 at 2:43 PM

    So are you following something like 3klikphilip's sort of workflow?

  • [WIP] DE_Akureyri

    • noobgames
    • May 26, 2017 at 9:09 PM

    I'm pretty new to mapping, but remember to keep optimization in mind. Look forward to seeing your progress! :)

  • [WIP] DE_Akureyri

    • noobgames
    • May 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM
    Quote from NEG3V

    41 minutes ago, NEG3V said: Yes. Should i post screenshot of that too?

    Yeah, sure!

  • The dos and don’ts of CS:GO level design

    • noobgames
    • May 26, 2017 at 6:55 PM

    Thanks for this dude. Will really help when I get started with mapmaking!!

  • [WIP] DE_Akureyri

    • noobgames
    • May 26, 2017 at 6:49 PM

    Do you have a layout yet?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™