1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Jax0

Posts by Jax0

  • Help! Unreal Tournament Editor Packaging Not Completing [UE 4.15]

    • Jax0
    • July 9, 2017 at 9:34 AM

    Hello, I'm struggling with a packaging error and I'd *love* some help because surely I'm not the only person to encounter this.

    I'm having a real issue with packaging my map from Unreal Tournament Editor. The issue only arose after I applied materials to the BSP geometry in the scene. I just loaded in materials that showed up when I searched for them, so I imagine it's borrowing from other Unreal Tournament maps.

    When I package, the output log gets hung up on this line: LogPackageContent: Publishing: UE4Editor-Cmd: [2017.07.09-08.06.04:603][ 0]LogCook:Display: Forcing save package ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/RestrictedAssets/Epic/Infiltrator/Env/Underground/Infrastructure/Material/CeilingMetal01.uasset because was already requeued once And will not progress, even if left packaging for over two hours. Quitting the package process is the only option, and I tried to see if it somehow magically completed in the background but no, the map doesn't load in UT.

    Again, this has only been happening since I started applying materials to the BSP geometry.

    This issue was addressed here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/5422…ve-package.html but the answer is very vague and only posed more problems to me when I tried to follow it (ie Unreal then needed me to add most of those folders back in, the ones which I was told to delete, before it would even open. And then other problems occurred, so I'd end up just Verifying the Editor, installing it again, and bam... back to the original issue)


    I can see it's a problem to do with the materials. But I've no idea why it's struggling. Any advice would be amazing, thank you!

  • [Unreal Tournament] DM-North Tower [WIP]

    • Jax0
    • July 8, 2017 at 3:13 PM
    Quote from Sigma

    21 hours ago, Sigma said: Looking good. Any particular art style you are after? I would be willing to team up if you like...

    Hey, thanks! There's some new screenshots coming soon with a basic texture pass over all the brushwork that might inform the art direction somewhat.

    But basically it's a big metal/concrete/sci-fi structure. Im thinking a palette of white/grey/black/green. (green being plants/ patches of grass/ electronic displays, etc)

    Models would be needed for trim, doorways, railings, plants, basic furnishings (like seating benches, a public info screen) and pipes. Plus whatever else that comes to mind.

    Their style would be very blocky/industrial like something out of the recent Doom or *sniff* Starwars 1313. Overall the map will have a brutalist theme, just more sci-fi ;)

    I have another artist who might be interested too, but yes would love to collaborate from here! If you're still keen shoot me a message.

    I'll post some new screenshots soon :)

  • [Unreal Tournament] DM-North Tower [WIP]

    • Jax0
    • July 6, 2017 at 5:43 PM

    Update July 7, 2017

    Greybox is pretty much done! I'm really happy with the layout of the map. It flows well and caters for a number of different play styles.

    I guess the next step from here is working with an artist to dress up this giant sci-fi palace and then do some final lighting tweaks and spawn point/ pickup adjustments.

  • [UE4] Prison

    • Jax0
    • July 3, 2017 at 3:41 AM

    Hi, this looks great! Just wondering how long did it take you to put this together? What was your workflow/pipeline like and what problems did you encounter (if any) ?

  • [Unreal Tournament] DM-North Tower [WIP]

    • Jax0
    • July 1, 2017 at 8:19 AM

    Hello Mapcore!

    I'm pretty new to these forums and also I've finally gotten back into deathmatch mapping after a seven year hiatus (!!!)

    I'm a beginner with the Unreal Engine but I have experience from GTK Radiant days <3

    Anyway, thought I'd share the progress of a map I'm going to work on over the next two weeks called North Tower. I'd love any feedback and criticism you might have. Be harsh, tell me how I can improve!

    Here's a couple of pictures of what I got done on the first day...

    (PS: You can quickly see the diagram layout doesn't match the in-game shots. I thought it might be interesting to show what the original concept was and how it organically changed during the editing and iteration process)

  • Mapcore Introductions Thread

    • Jax0
    • March 23, 2017 at 8:33 AM

    Hello! I'm new here, and pretty happy I found this forum as I think about level design a lot (like, a lot a lot) so it's nice to know there's an online community just for that!

    I'm a Game Design student from Australia and currently using Unity, though I used to make maps in GTK Radiant (and miss it!) so I'm using a few plugins for a game I'm working on that allows me a level building pipeline akin to bsp work in GTK.

    Nice to meet you all! I'm sure you'll see me around :)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™