1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Mmelnyk

Posts by Mmelnyk

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Phase 1 Submissions

    • Mmelnyk
    • April 30, 2016 at 9:49 PM

    Name: Maxym Melnyk

    Nickname: Mmelnyk

    Map: DM-Bloodbath

    Download: https://ut.rushbase.net/rfgamedesigner…owsNoEditor.pak Alternative download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oidh3hokxubk…Editor.pak?dl=0

    Map preview with my commentary

    First of all. thank you guys for such a nice contest! I enjoy creating a map for UT.

    It is the second map, I’ve created for this challenge, because I was not satisfied of the first one: the rooms where too small and the map’s shell was like crap. Therefore, before designing a new map, I decided to create some interesting arenas and to combine them after.

    I started to playtest existing maps in UT, looking for some interesting areas. After I had finished, I drew a couple on my own.

    Then I jumped right into an editor to build the first one. Then, I added more rooms. I play tested my map with bots after adding each of the rooms. I wanted to playtest it with my friends, but I had some problems with creating a server, hope I’ll manage to install it properly soon. After I had finished all the rooms and created some interesting paths with the help of lifts, I placed bullets and powerups. The map still needs more ammo locations; I’ll work on this. I am not sure with the theme of my map right now. Maybe you can help me with some ideas on this topic. For now, I simply marketed the rooms with different color lights to make it easy to remember for the player.

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • Mmelnyk
    • April 21, 2016 at 8:24 PM

    I decided to give it a try some days ago, started to build a map, but now I see, that it's rooms are small for Unreal gameplay. Therefore I'll begin to create a new one, fortunately, I still have a lot of time. However, It's a great fun to design maps for UT, thank you, guys for such a nice contest!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™