1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ShadesMaster

Posts by ShadesMaster

  • Aqueous Ruin

    • ShadesMaster
    • August 31, 2021 at 3:42 AM

    Aqueous Ruin

    m-YRP9ISlEjb


    A short (~10 minute) map that takes place under da sea. Are you ready?


  • Ethereal Shard 04 (Prodeus)

    • ShadesMaster
    • February 27, 2021 at 8:53 PM

    One of my two entries for the Prodeus mapcore challenge. Part of a larger campaign but each entry can be played standalone, and are standalone entries.

    Difficulty: Harder than the standard campaign, also geared towards this being the penultimate level of a 5-map campaign. So expect even more fastrolling of weapons and monsters.

    Ethereal Shard 04 - Blood Sloughs

    m-HSi7ofIiwt

  • Ethereal Shard 03 (Prodeus)

    • ShadesMaster
    • February 27, 2021 at 8:51 PM

    One of my two entries for the Prodeus mapcore challenge. Part of a larger campaign but each entry can be played standalone, and are standalone entries.

    Difficulty: Harder than the standard campaign, also geared towards this being level 3 of a 5-map campaign. So expect some fastrolling of weapons and monsters.

    Ethereal Shard 03 - Frozen Nitrate

    m-diZpSNue8Q


  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • July 10, 2016 at 6:11 PM

    I work 80 hours a week minimum, overnights AND days... no kids, no gf but I make time for things!!!! Such as this.... :P

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • July 7, 2016 at 3:28 AM

    While mine counts, I'm still (but not REALLY) kicking myself over the fact that there's a collision error near one of my lifts. And another lift shooting you up too high. Well that's what happens when I use one of Epic's cliff meshes with default collision that extrudes farther than it should, I THINK that's the problem but otherwise...? I had to change collision of a few meshes that didin't behave as expected (since I didn't create 'em) What matters is that I can say that I technically entered the contest, even if there was a thing or two I could have easily fixed / changed to make it better.

    Oh well, I'm still considering completing a lower level circuit and adding in more foliage and other details, and other changes throughout - such as "does having a rocket launcher on the upper level create an imbalance or is it good? Or would a lower level placement, rather, create a contention point?" Stuff like that. That was the plan regardless, adjust based on feedback 'till it is FINAL final. So long as I can eventually say, "My map features in Unreal Tournament's rotation" I'll be happy. :P

    Quote

    Quote Also I REALLY need to get around to getting more than 8GB ram

    I literally just upgraded from 8 to 24 with two new sticks right before my final working period on the level before contests' end... I THINK that made compile times faster but Packaging still took awhile. But maybe an hour of packaging is still faster than what a detailed level would have been otherwise? I dunno lol.

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • July 4, 2016 at 8:13 PM

    Locked? My map's still packaging, and I thought the deadline was 4PM EST I used am online converter....

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Phase 2 Submissions

    • ShadesMaster
    • July 4, 2016 at 4:55 AM

    Name: Christopher Oliveri

    Nickname: Shadesmaster

    DM-Winnows

    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/83czj…owsNoEditor.pak

    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )

    THanks for extending the deadline, folks! I was still packagine when it 'officially' passed! :D That said, I of course still plan to improve upon this thing in the near future, nonetheless....

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/Winnows01_zps5d2enwyy.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/Winniows05_zpsfl2kewgo.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/Winniows06_zpsj7ykyuvq.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/Winniows04_zpsmlx0eqtx.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/Winniows03_zpso5pm0wel.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/Winniows02_zpsit2sus3n.png]

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • May 2, 2016 at 10:45 AM

    Just updated mine, all links changed. Minor changes including the shock rifle I forgot to add, collision fixes and the like. Reversed Health Keg and Shield Belt pickups, for the best, though I still consider this V01 of the map....

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • May 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM

    Did it. :D

    Might update the link on both pages yet again in a bit, though - there were collision issues with a curved cylinder mesh I was using in spots, particularly by the Basilica. Replaced with the default cylinder.

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • May 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM

    EDIT: Problems fixed, shows up in menus. Originally a thread asking for help, but thank god 'sharing' is quicker the 2nd time around... so for now just last-minute criticisms, as I didn't work on this enough until recently.. not enough testing... though, enjoy! ;)

    DM-WINNOWS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/83czj…owsNoEditor.pak

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Co…zpsvj3w4sja.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Co…zpsbc93h31c.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Co…zpsqqekvxdo.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Co…zpsqrrag7bm.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Co…zpsgnv1pn7m.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Co…zpsmwtamad8.png]

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Phase 1 Submissions

    • ShadesMaster
    • May 1, 2016 at 1:38 PM

    Name: Christopher Oliveri

    Nick: ShadesMaster

    Map: DM_WINNOWS (wip title)

    An old Nali Basilica nestled in the cliffs, overrun first by the Skaarj before being converted into a Tournament arena....

    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/83czj…owsNoEditor.pak

    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )[/i]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/winnows01_zpsvj3w4sja.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/winnows02_zpsbc93h31c.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/winnows03_zpsqqekvxdo.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/winnows04_zpsqrrag7bm.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/winnows05_zpsgnv1pn7m.png][Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/CodenniumRed/winnows06_zpsmwtamad8.png]

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • April 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM

    Not Maya, my picture is in fact Blender.


    I've been working on this slowly and surely, and having basic BLENDER 'brushes' helps because they're more concise than Unreal BSP I find, easier to change, and can just be swapped for more final-looking modular assets. As of this phase, it's really about the layout, but if it can be engrossing to look at as well as play, than more power to it.

  • Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

    • ShadesMaster
    • April 12, 2016 at 11:26 PM

    I don't know about you guys, but to block out my map I find that utilizing some basic models I've created from BLENDER allows for more concise shapes than relying on BSP alone. I find that more concise shapes actually alter what the final layout of the map will be - this Basilica started out life as a hallowed out octagon with a square walkway in another big room, versus an actual walkable roof....

    Of course more final versions of the level will divide this Basilica up to be more modular, but as it stands the front is a ramped' entry while the rear leads to an elevator shaft (jump trick, people)... so there are actually 3 floors to this thing....

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™