1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. maxlevelboi

Posts by maxlevelboi

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM

    Patched yet again : -)

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083959526846/5BAE3A19D384C42C899EA20FC03F76EFE7AB4A5D/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083959552990/451342ACA4AE780280B9CF8F9F319EC5CAA499C9/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083959555698/17CA74AA068AAB4AC17A140774D03EFAA464C77E/]

  • De_Front [Need Feedback!]

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 30, 2015 at 4:17 AM
    Quote from Jakubshark

    How would I make the map night? Is there a way of doing it?

    Altering the skybox in a combination of darkening the light_environment is a good start : -)

  • Detailing Articles ??

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 30, 2015 at 4:15 AM

    I recommend trying to replicate a photo reference of what you are trying to create : -) if it is New York google a bit and make a folder of references and then you pick out the details you think would fit the best

    Don´t know about any articles though :( likely someone else here that knows more : -)!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 29, 2015 at 9:38 PM
    Quote from Bodd Jonar

    I like it, but I feel like there is "too much" going on. Making colors and details less or more thought over might improve this.

    Trying to cut down on noise : -) any areas in particular?

  • What are you playing now?

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 29, 2015 at 4:41 PM

    CSGO Dota 2 and of course Fallout 4

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 28, 2015 at 8:54 PM
    Quote from wylde

    Wow man, that last graphics update looks much improved! The huge aqueduct being balanced atop those plaster walls seems to irk me a bit, but the color palate is much better and consistent, and it doesn't look like dust2 any more. The red bricks might be out of place as well. I like the plaster more. Keep it going!

    Thanks man : -)! I am going to fix the pillars that support it, I agree plaster is stupid for that location!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 28, 2015 at 4:40 AM
    Quote from TheGuma

    You should prioritize the graphics by making the map design more consistent, not more detailed. Also, work on the texture noise, make sure the fog stays only within the skybox and not the playable areas. Remove the colors that stick out and use them to guide players, perhaps instead of using more colors only have two dominant colors in the map.

    Currently your map is very yellow, perhaps add red/yellow palette? Have more buildings in red? Or maybe yellow/blue? See what works for you, usually it makes the map stick out more and make it look less "dust2" from the workshop.

    I hope this patch will be an improvement : -)!

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083949553461/E145FB5BCF63F17FC535A5AE5E936452947E2FF6/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083949553995/0A5BB317B794EF6750E7C5907006A2D88FC3B760/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083949555181/2E5D0FB36EBB6ACA8078B894E92BE6A8674BD29C/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083949556874/E9DFF4DF7892E5F780BAA97DCB305C52EB53B37E/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155083949557755/E2230F757E2B6F01997121F32A7031EB980F29C4/]

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 28, 2015 at 1:49 AM

    Swedish shit rap : -)


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 27, 2015 at 2:29 PM
    Quote from TheGuma

    You should prioritize the graphics by making the map design more consistent, not more detailed. Also, work on the texture noise, make sure the fog stays only within the skybox and not the playable areas. Remove the colors that stick out and use them to guide players, perhaps instead of using more colors only have two dominant colors in the map.

    Currently your map is very yellow, perhaps add red/yellow palette? Have more buildings in red? Or maybe yellow/blue? See what works for you, usually it makes the map stick out more and make it look less "dust2" from the workshop.

    Thanks for the feedback : -) I am thinking of choosing the classical blue and orange theme for the level and I will make sure to fix the issues pronto!

  • Breakable walls?

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 26, 2015 at 9:53 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 26, 2015 at 9:49 PM

    Updated yet again with graphics getting prioritized : -)

    Next patch will focus on replacing windows that are just stuck to walls like stickers

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667


    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365154562172214531/F75CE9A1806038B7D6E1D3A76A78565A279BE917/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365154562172215558/273ACA1F9AB031AE23267CF2892BC0E3EEB48287/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365154562172215841/E21CB2A94FF7DA85D650EA9B7C08A227A92B3023/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365154562172218379/36D925A233FE8836B3F27A5126859A8FA5A18317/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365154562172218934/0347460F37DDB253D40CF02FCD389A058F7F5FC9/][Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365154562172218080/A81EDC7BB5E551505E9DE35F6F86CEA378E1EEB7/]

  • Plazaar Greybox Playtest

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 23, 2015 at 2:42 AM

    I recommend adding the bombsites and spawns on the radar : -)

    Would be nice if you had windows to A site for when you are going from T spawn to A (Long?), could throw in some flashes some smokes

    [Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/3dbd84f24afbb9d3b2ba428510db4cb3.jpg]

  • aim_horizon

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 23, 2015 at 2:27 AM

    Perhaps give a sense of scale with some cool focal points?

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 21, 2015 at 9:59 PM
    Quote from Quotingmc

    Physics?

    These half pillars look really odd, just make the arches bigger and have each support go down to the ground.

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401182814323758014/C0BF988D24B0C144E97026438372529A747381E7/]

    The princess castle needs to go, it doesn't make sense imo.

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401182814323753888/29CEA21D63537E21BF6D3B932789FECD28A92F4C/]

    I will be adding broken wall as support in the next patch for the car : -)!


    And voila the princess is gone and Arabic architecture took her place!


    I will be making the rest of the half pillar however I liked the idea of the pillar being decayed and old so I want to make it a bit better looking with wooden supports and such : -)!

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401182814327526826/95735F56A8C5C2599A9EC6AA970E2C7EB8E0B768/]

  • Mapcore Introductions Thread

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 21, 2015 at 2:11 AM

    Heya : -) Max Forsberg here a man studying level design in Sweden.


    Joined up because I wanted to get more and more feedback for the levels I make and I felt as if this community is very chill and cool!


    I love coffee and I can´t get enough of portalvis calculations!

  • DE_AQUEDUCT

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 21, 2015 at 1:28 AM

    Updated the OG post/level!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 21, 2015 at 1:24 AM

    Hey, I made a massive patch that I badly need feedback on the sites and middle mainly

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 17, 2015 at 12:12 AM

    Alright I have been updating the level daily for roughly 2 weeks now and I am starting to get into the rhythm of this : -)

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/4011828143…B6A02245D52FEC/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/4011828143…8C0568BA7898B3/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/4011828143…882A76C5A28642/]


    Some areas that have been getting more love since the release : -) there is much more to show but I don´t want to keep making walls of screenshots I recommend going to my workshop page for more images!

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=569110763

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 15, 2015 at 9:51 PM
    Quote from Freaky_Banana

    Their lighting origin is probably weird. just set info_lighting entities in a place which has lighting similar to the one you want on the prop (preferably place the entities close to the prop in direct line of sight), name the entity and go into the prop's properties. Select the right name from the dropdown menu at lighting origin. There you go , the prop should be properly lit.

    Cheers!

    You are my hero : )!!!!

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • maxlevelboi
    • December 15, 2015 at 12:44 AM

    Updated my level with a mayor rework of bombsite B I could use a lot of tips and input on it : -) The graphical glitches and bugs where left there because of the fact that I had to rush this update


    By the way why are some props just SUPER bright?


    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401182272580932128/AFE2CB503B686EFE51D9826188FC1358276DA1C9/]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™