1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. maxlevelboi

Posts by maxlevelboi

  • [CSGO] De_Angels (WiP)

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM

    I have not played your level but the lampposts, are they easy to maneuver past during combat?

  • [Unreal Tournament][WiP] Facility #17

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 3, 2017 at 9:25 AM

    Ahoy!

    I would like to see a top down of your level : )

  • Mapcore Job Census

    • maxlevelboi
    • June 30, 2017 at 3:23 PM

    Junior Level Designer at Massive Entertainment since April :)

  • de_bobsburgers

    • maxlevelboi
    • June 21, 2017 at 4:35 PM

    Looking damn fine *synth solo*

  • How would you block off non-playable areas?

    • maxlevelboi
    • June 20, 2017 at 9:36 AM

    Higher walls : )!


    Edit: Look at how they block off areas in the official maps

  • [CS:GO][WIP] de_sanchez

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 24, 2017 at 1:35 PM

    Wowa, this looks legit : D!

  • [CS:GO] Riverside II

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 20, 2017 at 8:46 AM

    Sweet greybox :)!

  • EVERYTHING

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 15, 2017 at 11:59 AM

    Interesting for sure, looking forward to seeing how this game pans out

  • [L4D2] High Voltage Hideout

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 9, 2017 at 10:34 PM
    Quote from Breadnut

    4 hours ago, Breadnut said: Oh, I didn't even know about the grain filter. That would explain a lot... Great tips! I'll see what I can do about the overall lighting. Thanks! :)

    I hope they help :)! That grain effect is sneaky ;)

  • [L4D2] High Voltage Hideout

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 8, 2017 at 10:08 AM

    When taking screenshots do you have the grain filter on in the video options? I think the screenshots would look better without the grain effect.

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1569018567…414E55BBF66F7D/ On this screenshot the light only hits the table and the generator next to it but the ground gets none of the light, I think it would be worthwhile to do a improvement pass on the lights. I would take a look at how Valve constructs their lights to make it go as fast as possible.

    The light baked into the texture of the skybox contrasts harshly with the surrounding environment, I would investigate using a more dim skybox texture to match the lighting of the level.

  • [WIP] De_Gorgona

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 8, 2017 at 8:47 AM

    Heya Chris,

    Here is a tutorial I like on how to make a radar however you don´t have to complete the steps, this will provide you with a nice orthographic overview of your level that you can post with your level


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • [L4D2] High Voltage Hideout

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 6, 2017 at 8:50 AM

    Ahoy ahoy,

    Something I would like to see is a breakdown video where you talk about your design decisions regarding your level.


    (The foliage on the wall that is a prop_static should have shadows disabled because the blocky shadow that Valve provides us with is not that pleasant)

    https://youtu.be/O_BDvmhtVeo?t=3m54s (This is where I saw the foliage)

    Please do write if anything I wrote needs clarification. My steam nick is http://steamcommunity.com/id/eatbeavers

  • [HL2EP2] Mod Aurora

    • maxlevelboi
    • February 21, 2017 at 1:33 PM

    Is there a possibility of seeing some gameplay videos? :)

  • [HL2_Odyssey] Project Thread

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 22, 2017 at 3:23 PM

    The stream was really cool and interesting :)! Philip still got it ;)

  • What is the best game to create maps for?

    • maxlevelboi
    • August 23, 2016 at 10:23 AM

    Half life 2 hands down, I love the challenge of having no light preview in-editor

  • How do I add CSS assets to a Half Life 2 mod?

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 10, 2016 at 8:43 PM
    Quote from El_Exodus

    1 minute ago, El_Exodus said: Yeah, totally. Please accept, that this community is international and not everybody speaks swedish. Thank you.

    Sorry won´t happen again :)!


    Quote from grapen

    1 hour ago, grapen said: Assets such as models, materials and particles are stored in vpk files. Use GCFScape to extract the files you want. You're going to have to put them in the proper original folder structure in your mod for them to work, since the models were compiled with a specific path defined for materials, such as: "\models\de_nuke\".

    it works perfectly! Thank you so SOOOO much! :D

  • How do I add CSS assets to a Half Life 2 mod?

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 10, 2016 at 8:25 PM
    Quote from grapen

    1 hour ago, grapen said: Assets such as models, materials and particles are stored in vpk files. Use GCFScape to extract the files you want. You're going to have to put them in the proper original folder structure in your mod for them to work, since the models were compiled with a specific path defined for materials, such as: "\models\de_nuke\".

    Thanks I will try it :)!

  • How do I add CSS assets to a Half Life 2 mod?

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 10, 2016 at 2:53 PM

    Heya,


    Been looking around the internet and the mapcore forum but I am unable to make it work when I try to add the cstrike.fgd to the project.

    How do I add the CSS assets to my Half Life 2 mod?

  • EU Referendum

    • maxlevelboi
    • June 27, 2016 at 12:40 PM

    This is a joke right? Good goof UK!

    No one leaves the union. NO ONE.

  • Max Forsberg - Level Designer

    • maxlevelboi
    • May 25, 2016 at 10:17 AM
    Quote from Alf-Life

    On 5/24/2016 at 10:21 AM, Alf-Life said: I just skimmed it but first impression was very good, one of the strongest layouts I've seen for a portfolio site! Liked the YouTube links and all the description and screenshots! Very nice. Will look at it again once I've had some sleep.

    Thanks man :D! <3

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™