1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. maxlevelboi

Posts by maxlevelboi

  • Aqueduct

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 14, 2021 at 4:51 PM

    Published on the Ol Workshop Please test it if you have timehttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=2546873652

  • Aqueduct

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 12, 2021 at 5:09 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Literal walk-trough of the level

  • Aqueduct

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 8, 2021 at 8:37 PM

    Ahoy, I am working on Aqueduct again The major changes: * The bombsites are connected to the supports of the Aqueduct, bringing the Aqueduct to the foreground instead of the background * Altering the map overall to detach it from the "This is a plain Dust2 copy" that it was branded as before * Actually using references this time The old release: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=600728667 Thank you for taking the time to read the post![Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/HPOBa8z.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/8llmoY9.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/yIHDndW.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Whld3zS.png]

  • DE_PAVEMENT

    • maxlevelboi
    • February 19, 2019 at 8:54 AM

    The light_env is casting some very harsh shadows causing the level to be hard to read, a slight angle and less contrasting light could really help the level Play with the shadow control entity to get a nice balance of shadows and light

  • [UE4] Darksiders 3 Art Dump

    • maxlevelboi
    • November 27, 2018 at 12:17 PM

    I wasn't sold on the game until I saw your post, great stuff!

  • de_segovia

    • maxlevelboi
    • April 18, 2018 at 10:05 PM

    Spoiler CT Spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/nl18cXr.jpg]

    A site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/1NBsKTi.jpg]

    Playing around with the exterior of the map:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/8Fk8rv8.jpg]

    Banana to A:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/MsXJjRP.jpg]

    T spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/5b3eYRi.jpg]

    Mid from T spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/6oGVBLY.jpg]

    Another picture of A site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/f3mkUE0.jpg]

    Mid from CT Spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/xbhsS7d.jpg]

    B Site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/SUkMJnG.jpg]

    More B site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/IcYxLm8.jpg]

    BBB Site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/A8ZF3Iv.jpg]

    New top down:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Mm9REw1.jpg]

    New workshop page for playtesting:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1364731910

  • de_segovia

    • maxlevelboi
    • April 3, 2018 at 11:33 PM

    I made a workshop page, if you have time to check it out and give your opinion I would greatly appreciate it! Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1351674742

    Workshop name if you just want to copy paste it: de_segovia_test

    Cheers,

    Max "Steam workshop font" levelboi

  • de_segovia

    • maxlevelboi
    • April 2, 2018 at 11:42 PM

    Hello, I have been working on the level and here is a update: Also I say farewell to the Orange and grey dev grid textures, may you rest in peace old faithful!

    Updated version:

    Spoiler Top Down[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/mwhFOE3.jpg]

    One way drop from CT and Mid to B[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/9cmMXtE.jpg]

    B Bombsite[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/R8fVSZz.jpg] Ts approach to B[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/xyOfset.jpg][Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/h90ENCx.jpg]

    Ts mid view[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/0t6PSmI.jpg]

    CT Spawn[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/kAYA58X.jpg]

    CTs side of A Spawn[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/UlaQKXw.jpg]

    CTs view of the path from T spawn to A[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/tYE9qYL.jpg] CTs view of mid[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/soxrNAp.jpg]


    OLD Version (Keeping it in this post to make sure I keep an archive of the development of this level):

    Spoiler Radar top down (Blue is water)

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/BQ9uHmH.jpg]

    CT Spawn

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/6TdpU3O.jpg]

    T Spawn

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/UY4gOlG.jpg]

    T approach to A

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/t3KUY63.jpg]

    CT Approach to A

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/QStiJJb.jpg]

    Middle from T Spawn

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/7toWsSi.jpg]

    Middle from CT Spawn

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/nB1payq.jpg]

    CTs vantage point towards B

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/xXbucwp.jpg]

    Ts vantage point towards B

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/EfCHmQy.jpg]

    B site

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/gqDtaWY.jpg]

    One way drop down from Middle and CT spawn

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/IRxuC3J.jpg]

  • de_segovia

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 26, 2018 at 9:09 AM
    Quote from gamez7

    6 hours ago, gamez7 said: Very excited to see how this turns out, good luck!

    Thank you, me 2 B)

  • de_segovia

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 25, 2018 at 10:16 PM

    Ahoy,

    I have started a new de_ project nicknamed "Segovia": Test map on Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1364731910

    Currently using Spain as my referenceland If you have criticism/thoughts/ideas please add me on Steam or grab me on Discord :)! Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/eatbeavers/ Discord: Maximalt#1790

    Latest version:

    Spoiler CT Spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/nl18cXr.jpg]

    A site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/1NBsKTi.jpg]

    Playing around with the exterior of the map:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/8Fk8rv8.jpg]

    Banana to A:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/MsXJjRP.jpg]

    T spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/5b3eYRi.jpg]

    Mid from T spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/6oGVBLY.jpg]

    Another picture of A site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/f3mkUE0.jpg]

    Mid from CT Spawn:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/xbhsS7d.jpg]

    B Site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/SUkMJnG.jpg]

    More B site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/IcYxLm8.jpg]

    BBB Site:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/A8ZF3Iv.jpg]

    New top down:[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Mm9REw1.jpg]

    New workshop page for playtesting:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1364731910

    Cheers and thank you for going through this post, Max

  • Fredric Grapensparr - Level Designer

    • maxlevelboi
    • March 13, 2018 at 9:20 AM

    I really like the way you have evolved the web page : )! And the levels are hella good as well ;)

  • de_taos

    • maxlevelboi
    • January 18, 2018 at 9:27 AM

    Feels very cozy :)!

  • New to level design and would love some advice

    • maxlevelboi
    • October 25, 2017 at 1:26 PM

    Make what you want to make and it will be good, Hammer Creation Kit Unreal Engine whatever it is all just tools

  • Day of Infamy Map, lighting/sky box issue

    • maxlevelboi
    • October 4, 2017 at 12:48 PM

    I understand that this might be a awkward thing to ask for but could I have the vmf? I will check it when I come home and see if I see anything crazy

  • Day of Infamy Map, lighting/sky box issue

    • maxlevelboi
    • October 3, 2017 at 7:24 AM

    I recommend taking the entire compile log through this sites log checker http://www.interlopers.net/errors/


    It will give you advice on how to proceed if there is an error in the compile log, it could also be something caused outside of the compile log


    Since I do not have any screenshots of the error I am unable to make an assessment

  • Portfolio Building

    • maxlevelboi
    • September 6, 2017 at 4:24 PM

    If you are thinking about going down the Level Design route I would say that the assets polycount and texturescale matter a lot less then if you would like to go down the Env Art route

  • Portfolio Building

    • maxlevelboi
    • August 18, 2017 at 9:25 AM

    Ahoy,

    I personally hold the Valve games in high regard because they come with games that has everything, a load of assets and functions that you can use :) How long have you been making levels? Do you have any works out on the web?

  • Ubisoft opens a studio in Stockholm

    • maxlevelboi
    • August 8, 2017 at 8:50 PM

    Heya,

    We are opening a studio in Stockholm :)!

    It is going to be led by Patrick Bach former studio manager at DICE!

    http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/ub…-studio-w496590

  • [CS:GO] My map crashes the game on spawn

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 25, 2017 at 6:00 PM
    Quote from Squad

    3 hours ago, Squad said:

    Actually, you should use the cordon tool for that, no need to work with seperate vmf's at all. Just divide the map in half using the cordon tool > compile > check ingame. If it doesn't crash, move the cordon to the other half and check that part. If it crashes, make the cordon box half its size and repeat the process.

    Also, I'm not sure what the minimum distance between spawn entities and ground should be, but 16 might be kinda narrow. Don't be afraid to move them up like 64 units or so (if there's no ceiling in the way, that is).

    I did not know that tool existed! Thanks for the tip : D

  • [CS:GO] My map crashes the game on spawn

    • maxlevelboi
    • July 24, 2017 at 4:41 PM

    Something I like to do is to cut my map up in 4 quadrants and then I compile them in separate vmf files, this way I can find the error by narrowing down the area where the crash occurs.


    Repeat the cutting of quadrants until you end up with your crasher!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™