1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. zombi

Posts by zombi

  • [CS:GO] de_lighthouse wingman

    • zombi
    • March 25, 2021 at 7:08 PM

    Map doesn't look natural for me. You could try making small island with lighthouse and small house for more geometry. Maybe same cave if you want keep this underground are for boats.

    Here are some examples what I mean. I didn't spend too much time on research, but you definitely should.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/SAWHenu.png]

  • Jan Kazubek | Level Designer

    • zombi
    • March 6, 2021 at 8:32 AM

    I have updated it a little bit

    https://www.jankazubek.com

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • zombi
    • March 2, 2021 at 2:36 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    1 hour ago, blackdog said: Oh wow, they have an editor in the PC version!? I always thought that they kept these games locked down with a chastity belt.

    Are people playing custom content? How does it work. (In terms of finding and using it).

    They shared with WAW and BO3 mod tools. Yeah people still playing and making new stuff for BO3, like for example exporting stuff (or recreating) from black ops cold war or making new perks, mechanics, remastering old maps etc. People love custom maps (community is super helpful) and by looking at numbers seems like steam workshop for bo3 is more popular than for csgo.

    If you have black ops 3 on steam you can just download mod tools. Editor is very similar to source, but they doing some things differently, for example in black ops is a lot of scripting for simple things (adding events, music, making buyable doors), when in csgo you just assign functions to elements like door, buttons, triggers etc.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • zombi
    • February 27, 2021 at 11:28 PM

    I'm learning editor for black ops 3 and I making simple house to practice. Still need tons of details, but slowly brush work and textures are finished.


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/409v0qN.jpg]

  • de_loreley [wingman]

    • zombi
    • February 12, 2021 at 10:42 PM

    It looks great and I really like the atmosphere! This luggage gap in bus at bombsite is really nice idea. I have some feedback, hopefully will be helpful. Keep up a good job! :D

    Spoiler [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/iDjEwdX.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/gFxoZZO.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/XVGbDCF.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/EN0Sa9B.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/QOd66kv.png]

  • Jan Kazubek | Level Designer

    • zombi
    • February 9, 2021 at 12:31 AM

    Thanks man! I will try to improve this in free time.

    I used grammarly and I think website should be free from spelling mistakes, weird.

    FC5 map has most of this points, like different weapons, different enemy types, RPG as a reward for exploration. Maybe it's lack of some environment story, but the idea was simple: cult came to farm, killed hosts because they were interested in the crashed plane.

    Yeah hopefully I will get a job ? I guess this 2 projects might be not enough for some studios, so I'm learning BO3 editor already and it's more powerful than Source and FC5 editor. I will have a chance to show what I learned so far and who knows what will be next.

  • Jan Kazubek | Level Designer

    • zombi
    • January 23, 2021 at 7:29 PM

    Hey!

    Feedback is welcome

    https://www.jankazubek.com

  • [WIP] Arcadia - danger zone

    • zombi
    • November 5, 2020 at 7:12 PM

    Map is available on workshop https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=2278130287

    You can check it out and let me know what do you think!


    [Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/vTRsQw96/1.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/hv9qvZbZ/3.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/mZM4mhf3/7.png]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/gkWWQdmC/8.png]

  • [WIP] Arcadia - danger zone

    • zombi
    • October 27, 2020 at 6:57 PM

    Heyo!

    After almost a full year finnally I'm close to release. Sadly it will be Work In Progress release, because alone I'm not able to make all things like they should be done. Hopefully it won't be an obstalce to enjoy the map and give feedback so I can improve map and my skills.

    Also I hope that after this release I will encourgae someone to cooperate. If not, I will finish it as best I can and then probably I will rest from our lovely sorse and move on to other engines.

    Special thanks to Radu who supported me all this time!


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/LLZiHnw.jpg]

  • [WIP] Arcadia - danger zone

    • zombi
    • September 7, 2020 at 10:28 PM

    Hello everyone!

    I'm working on Danger Zone map since november 2019, with few months break. I'm hobbyst level designer and I'm looking for help with 3D models. Here you can see how map looks and how much more needs to be done - https://imgur.com/a/E9PzVIG

    I have tons of stuff that are made of brushes and need to be changed into 3D models with some aditional details (window trim, railings and general simple things). Also I need more complex models like air ballon, campers, tent, street signs and more. Finally I need help with retexturing Valve models and making accurate collisions on some of them.

    If you are interested, write to me and we will talk about details.

    https://steamcommunity.com/id/zombi321/

    discord zombi#0759


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ht7aD8j.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/QqIthzl.jpg]

  • [PAID OR % OF THE PROFITS] Collaboration on danger zone map

    • zombi
    • September 5, 2020 at 12:08 AM

    Hello everyone!

    I'm working on Danger Zone map since november 2019, with few months break. I'm hobbyst level designer and I'm looking for help with 3D models. Here you can see how map looks and how much more needs to be done - https://imgur.com/a/E9PzVIG

    I have tons of stuff that are made of brushes and need to be changed into 3D models with some aditional details (window trim, railings and general simple things). Also I need more complex models like air ballon, campers, tent, street signs and more. Finally I need help with retexturing Valve models and making accurate collisions on some of them.

    If you are interested, write to me and we will talk about details.

    https://steamcommunity.com/id/zombi321/

    discord zombi#0759


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ht7aD8j.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/QqIthzl.jpg]

  • Maginot [Wingman]

    • zombi
    • August 6, 2020 at 9:41 AM

    Looks nice! Keep up a good work

  • [WIP] Arcadia - danger zone

    • zombi
    • August 2, 2020 at 3:28 PM

    Thank you Radu for all your support and advices! You are a great guy.

  • [WIP] Arcadia - danger zone

    • zombi
    • August 2, 2020 at 2:56 PM

    Few more screenshots.

    There are 2 balloons in air as landmark points

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/TJCc96W.jpg]


    Finished clocktower

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/tiO8Wd3.jpg]

    Car ferry without car and ferry

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/gc1tgJl.jpg]

    Shack

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ymBZANR.jpg]

    Autoservice

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/l5ztXfy.jpg]

    Scrapyard

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/pdkPA4T.jpg]

    Red lantern from Croatia

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/oWYVWq6.jpg]

    Concert

    (there is festival on island and it's cool refrence to Woodstock)

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Dl9lmS9.jpg]

    Lighthouse house

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/mw7SfCa.jpg]

  • [WIP] Arcadia - danger zone

    • zombi
    • July 26, 2020 at 8:17 PM

    Still working on this boy.


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/JXLVjJu.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ZB06663.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/SInPjH5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/UHFXfOd.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/vFgXYsY.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/wUf1kG9.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • zombi
    • July 23, 2020 at 7:33 PM
    Quote from Soldat Du Christ

    1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said: If this was a viable strategy you would see pros pulling these off regularly, its nothing to worry about, costs too much time and man power that you need to disperse elsewhere

    it will be boring to watch

  • Frostbite - Danger Zone

    • zombi
    • July 17, 2020 at 10:16 AM

    There is a lot of dead ends. I don't like it and it's bad for gameplay imo. Also underground is very linear.

    Last thing. Make ski lift moving and I can see this map in game.

    Ice texture is pretty cool. Good job guys!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • zombi
    • July 9, 2020 at 7:44 AM

    I just wanted to share progress of this location. Still a lot of work, but I'm of good faith.


    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/DSkBQpf.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/5IR29oF.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • zombi
    • July 5, 2020 at 8:13 PM

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/8O4TThO.png]

  • Graveyard

    • zombi
    • February 22, 2020 at 10:19 PM

    Hey, I will try give some more detailed feedback, but it's really time consuming.

    For now I just found few things while playing match.


    I can't see my crosshair because of too strong light

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/bWAlHP0.jpg]


    You have some places with gaps like this. It's really bad for gameplay.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/J0jgB8G.jpg]


    Weird spot. I think it's better put some barrel to cover than thing that cover all your body and giving you small gap to face.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/og08O8R.jpg]


    About barrels and containers. I have no idea how they put this big containers inside. Normal forklift or even 2 woudn't be able to do that and for sure it won''t be safety.

    Also there is too much barrels. Only cover we have are barrels. It's a little boring to be honest.


    Last. You can't see your beautiful graffities on CT spawn because of water :(

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/dYQXRcO.jpg]


    The map is nice and original, but gameplay needs some corrections. I will try give some newbie feedback tomorrow. Good job man and don't listen frustrated people. It's hard to make original layout and I respect you made it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™