1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. REz

Posts by REz

  • [WIP] de_vision

    • REz
    • March 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM

    We are now on version 38 of Vision. We are still working on the aesthetic theme, let us know what you think about what we have so far. Look forward to seeing you at the Playtest!

  • Absolutely At a Loss On How To Progress As a Level Designer.

    • REz
    • January 7, 2016 at 5:47 PM

    I'm glad you are at this stage because asking these questions and wondering where to go is what makes people evolve. What you seem to be lacking, and @Skybex touched on this, is real world inspiration. Taking real world settings and turning them into video game environments while constraining them to the game dynamics they are within. For example, I wouldn't make a true to scale environment of a city I was inspired by but I would size it down based on the scale of the game I was implementing, take bits and pieces of reference, break the level into sections and transition them together with textures, lighting and models. It's okay to have the ability to create "aesthetics from scratch" and many people have difficulty with that, but you need to harness both aspects, reference and creativity. Don't forget to have fun, too.

  • [WIP] de_vision

    • REz
    • January 7, 2016 at 5:33 PM

    No problem @Vaya, I'll let you know how the playtest goes!

  • [TF²] [WIP] pl_3dnrav

    • REz
    • January 3, 2016 at 4:07 AM

    Looks fun :) lots of great vantage points for Defense

  • [WIP] de_mical (formerly de_honeycomb)

    • REz
    • December 31, 2015 at 6:44 AM

    I love the theme, and I respect the layout. With that said, you need to have both bombsites designed in pre-process before doing all this model work, I bet your SDK is full of big yellow blocks or you have to Hide everything to work around them. The lighting issues that everyone is talking about are true, when I'm designing a map, I'll typically leave roofs or anything blocking my sun until after major playtests have been completed and I'm in my detailing phase. Just some food for thought!! Good job and keep up the good work.

  • [WIP] de_vision

    • REz
    • December 13, 2015 at 11:59 PM

    Timing......


  • [WIP] de_vision

    • REz
    • December 12, 2015 at 7:13 PM

    I love the greybox phase because is allows ones mind to wander of what is to come...Art galleries can come in many different looks, and can even juxtapose the art within by being simplistic and square as to not take away from the art. But, I do agree Vaya that currently, until further playtested, the bomb sites will remain a bit boring. The pictures don't give great detail of the elevation in both sites. A has a bostable window, while B has a "heaven." A pre thanks to any and all who take the time to give analysis of the map in it's current state and help construct the future of this map.

  • de_Stronghold

    • REz
    • August 31, 2015 at 7:18 PM

    First post edited, but I'm resubmitting to show up on top of the list here!


    UPDATE!!!! LAST DAY UPDATE!!!!! I sincerely hope everyone had a fun time mapping/designing/texturing/modeling/strategizing etc. during this contest! It has been such a blast and I've gotten to know a few of you much better now and I've learned a ton! I can't wait for the next contest, but in the mean time, next idea will be starting soon!


    "Terrorist's are trying to destroy a high-level security stronghold containing important documents and a transportation facility."

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=484783330


    Many many thanks to the following:

    FawX - Ideation/Pathing/Theme/Awesome music

    pb.exe - Detailing/Brushwork/General Nonsense talk

    Yobo - Getting me back into mapping!

  • de_Stronghold

    • REz
    • August 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM
    Quote from Quotingmc

    First picture looks like a control tower.

    Exactly, it's a control tower monitoring incoming traffic. This theme is a bit inspired by Fort Knox.

  • de_Stronghold

    • REz
    • August 10, 2015 at 6:01 PM
    Quote from pB.

    Really good map with a solid layout

    Major thanks to pB :nag:


    Quote from DeWil

    Map looks really good, I think, but you should add screenshots to this mapcore page! ^^

    Doing this now

  • de_Stronghold

    • REz
    • August 10, 2015 at 5:45 PM

    UPDATE!!!! LAST DAY UPDATE!!!!! I sincerely hope everyone had a fun time mapping/designing/texturing/modeling/strategizing etc. during this contest! It has been such a blast and I've gotten to know a few of you much better now and I've learned a ton! I can't wait for the next contest, but in the mean time, next idea will be starting soon!


    "Terrorist's are trying to destroy a high-level security stronghold containing important documents and a transportation facility."

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=484783330


Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™