1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Isan Arditama

Posts by Isan Arditama

  • Map Empty - vvis.exe not responing!

    • Isan Arditama
    • November 6, 2015 at 3:56 PM

    Watch these tutorial series if you later need to https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…kz_O1CqYx6sKaXk

  • ATTN: New Map Makers!

    • Isan Arditama
    • September 15, 2015 at 4:31 AM

    TopHattWafle & 3kliksphillip have mentioned by 'Vaya', and 'not-a-ninja'. But i will mention them again.

    First Time.
    If you never make a map or wanna learn for the first time, my suggestion is to watch TopHattWafle's videos, cause he have all basic tutorial, easy to understand, and also he make explanation on his web in each videos. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…kz_O1CqYx6sKaXk

    Basic Questions/Problems.
    Then, during learn Hammer, sure i will have a lot basic questions/problems. But, where i can ask my problem if i have basic problems/questions? Firstly, i was wanna ask at MapCore, but my questions is too basic/simple, cause i think MapCore is for experienced/expert map maker.
    I suggest to ask/just read at https://www.reddit.com/r/hammer/. Theres many post/thread that you can read for a new map maker like me.

    Sorry for bad English, hope it help for a new map maker like me xD

  • de_strada

    • Isan Arditama
    • August 31, 2015 at 5:16 PM

    Yes, please share some screenshots, i wanna see update from this map :sad:

  • [ASK] Lighting Problem [Solved]

    • Isan Arditama
    • August 21, 2015 at 1:29 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    Upload your vmf to a hosting site please. I'd like to take a look.

    I'm pretty sure you had this problem back on the cs mappers Facebook group

    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    Finally i found the solution after someone give me advise from Reddit.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/csmapmakers/…_my_map/cu1bps5

    "I think I may have had the same problem, they way I fixed this issues was selecting the whole map (their is away to do this automatically) Then lowering the map till it's on the correct plane with the center of the map (the red, blue and green arrows that show X,Y and Z)"

  • [ASK] Lighting Problem [Solved]

    • Isan Arditama
    • August 16, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    Quote from laminutederire

    Hey if it doesn't work, try compiling your vmf from another computer, maybe the compilation is where the issue happens and nothing is wrong with your vmf

    Quote from Vaya

    Look for the dust2 light_enviroment entity in the vmf (it looks like a sun) and copy this over to your map. your map will take the skybox lighting from dust2 (which is a good starting point for most maps)

    Ive been try it, still not working. But i will try to find solution for my map. Thanks guys for the reply.

  • de_strada

    • Isan Arditama
    • August 11, 2015 at 4:11 PM

    I have been play your map, and its really have a good layout, it looks like simple & each both bombsite not too far. I really like especially on mid. I like B bombsite where the cover is not too much. Bombsite B on Inferno should like what you make, not too many corner : D

    Cant wait for the update. I think this is gonna be my favorite map after de_dust2, and de_season.

  • [ASK] Lighting Problem [Solved]

    • Isan Arditama
    • August 11, 2015 at 2:30 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    copy the light_environment entity out of the dust2 .vmf and recompile. If you have a light_environment it most likely has dodgy settings

    Did you mean copy to out of the skybox? Thanks, gonna try it.

  • [ASK] Lighting Problem [Solved]

    • Isan Arditama
    • August 11, 2015 at 1:44 PM

    Update found solution:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/csmapmakers/…_my_map/cu1bps5

    "I think I may have had the same problem, they way I fixed this issues was selecting the whole map (their is away to do this automatically) Then lowering the map till it's on the correct plane with the center of the map (the red, blue and green arrows that show X,Y and Z)"


    Hallo guys. I have problem with my map.

    Why some of place doesnt have light. Props looks fine, skybox looks fine, but the wall looks dark with no light. I have been added light.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™