1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. jayholden

Posts by jayholden

  • Fixing Final Fantasy

    • jayholden
    • August 6, 2015 at 9:15 PM

    Hey everybody. Sorry for the clickbait title. I realize not everyone thinks the Final Fantasy series is broken. Humor me.

    The majority of the folks I talk to, especially those who played the earlier entries in the series, believe the past few games have been a letdown. Whether it's a less-than-stellar battle system, flat characters, poor worldbuilding or other concerns, the last great Final Fantasy - they say - went on sale some time before the past decade.

    Does this ring true with anyone here? If so, how would you bring the series back to its former greatness?

    Thanks.

  • Indie Game Pre-Production

    • jayholden
    • July 30, 2015 at 9:34 PM

    Hey all! Looking for some advice here.

    As a one-person indie "dev" without much experience, I've put concept on paper, built a playable demo that was terrible, scrapped it and put a new concept on paper. What are some good ways to test a concept before investing a lot of time and energy into building it?

    I've cobbled together a 2-player tabletop but my cat's not very good and I'm not confident it genuinely emulates the experience of the game.

    I appreciate any help.

  • Looking for people that are aspiring to work in the game industry

    • jayholden
    • July 30, 2015 at 5:12 PM

    Hoping to become a game designer someday. It's a ways off.

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • jayholden
    • July 30, 2015 at 5:05 PM

    I'm @_jayholden on Twitter. And here I am on LinkedIn.

  • Mapcore Introductions Thread

    • jayholden
    • July 30, 2015 at 5:00 PM

    Hey all! I'm Jay. Currently working on the beginning stages of my first indie title and thought I'd join MapCore, seems like a really solid community.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™