1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Upperdawg

Posts by Upperdawg

  • de_wharf

    • Upperdawg
    • July 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM
    Quote from Panda

    On the whole the map layout looks pretty good. But, it looks like T get to mid too late compared to CT. Also I think that a CT in mid could look right into B site.

    Yeah, the timings are off since I'm still re-working the sites and mid. Seems like a waste of time to start working on the spawns before the basic layout is pretty much done. But you are right, in the current state Ts are late. I want the fastest T and CT to meet at an aprox. 45 degree angle by the brown-roofed house (down and right from the red container). Then CT have the time to really set up in their part of mid before rushing T's see the whole of mid.

    Regarding the connector to B it's Z-shaped and there's an elevation difference along with some cover which makes it impossible to see B from mid. However if you stand in the room you can peek parts of B, but you don't see a lot of it. I'll make sure to clarify this with screenshots in the upcoming update.

    Thanks for the feedback. I think it'll be much clearer when I get it up on the workshop.

  • [WiP] de_vine (Workshop link added)

    • Upperdawg
    • July 9, 2015 at 11:36 PM

    Must agree on the lighting and I'm afraid I can't tell you more atm. I saw that you were planning on adding an overview/radar which will make it much easier to get a feel of the map. It would be nice with a descriptive text to the screenshots as well so we know what we're looking at :)

    Looks promising. I'll check in later to see the updates. Keep it up and good luck!

  • [WIP] de_Ski (UPDATE)

    • Upperdawg
    • July 9, 2015 at 10:42 PM

    Hi,

    First of, it's hard to judge how to map plays from the screenshots you've posted. I recommend adding a overview/radar of the map to help readers judge your map and leave feedback.

    Secondly, since this is your first map I want to give you a tip I've learned the hard way. Before starting to build detailed structures and spending time making things look nice you should try and get the basics of the map to work at least 80%. It's really frustrating to realise you have to do a big change to an area and end up having to redo or undo stuff which took a lot of time.

    Keep on working and see if you can fix an overview. Good luck!

  • de_cargo

    • Upperdawg
    • July 9, 2015 at 10:26 PM

    Wow, the pics look amazing LizardPL! Really nice work with the detailing. I can't really give your more feedback before I've got a chance to run around on it (gf is sleeping so can't use the desktop atm :/) I'll post again tomorrow. Just gotta ask if you've had a chance to playlets it yet? If yes, how did that go? I get the feeling the player models might be hard to see in some places due to texture/prop/shadow-clutter?

    Anyways, looks amazing. Good luck :)

  • de_wharf

    • Upperdawg
    • July 9, 2015 at 9:39 PM

    Just added some pics (not much to see yet though). Map will be updated and up on the workshop this weekend.

  • de_wharf

    • Upperdawg
    • July 5, 2015 at 12:52 AM

    De_Wharf[/u]:

    This is my first map. It’s a pretty standard, three-laned map. Mid is really intense since you get a lot of mapcontrol if you manage to conquer it. From mid you can get to the bomsites through one connector to each site. A-site is located by the docks and is a bit bigger than B. It offers two entrances from the T-side (not counting the connector). It’s fairly open with a few longer sightlines where you can make use of an awp. B has one entrance for CT and T each and the connector from mid. It’s not as open as A which makes it a bit harder for T’s to look for frags and it’s important that the team uses smokes and flashes to be able to take the site effectively.

    My goals with the map was to make it work well in competitive 5v5, to offer a varied playstyle through out the map (longer/shorter lines), and that it wouldn’t look like crap. I think – or at least I hope - I managed with all of them to some level. Sure I would have loved to have more time to work on tweaking the gameplay to perfection and I would have loved giving it a work through aesthetically, but hey – deadline. However, I will continue working on this map after the competition.

    Thanks and good luck everyone!

    Workshop:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=510117848

    Screenshots[/u]:

    Quote

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™