1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Walki

Posts by Walki

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • November 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM

    Hotfix incoming:

    Quote
    • Fixed a triple man boost that allowed you to exit the map
    • Double checked all clips to make sure the map is not exitable
    • Shifted back T-Spawn (Spawn priorities for spawns at the back are now higher)
    • -> This will allow 'topspawn' CT-Players to get a pick on Ts rushing the B-Bombsite
    • -> This also gives CT's more time to setup on all spots
    • Added some more bombspot indicator decals
    • Fixed a piece of wood sticking out of the tall tower
    • Fixed the clipping of the arch (connecting Library with Window) (Thanks Tweak)
    • Fixed a spot behind drawbridge (standing on the box) that allowed you to see and kill CTs in Connector
    • Further optimisations (Thanks Andre Valera)

    Also now I can finally say that I fixed the compile time from 4 hrs (vvis) to 1 hr. Stay on the grid kids....

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • November 3, 2015 at 4:45 PM

    Thanks for the feedback. I guess the dark night comes from the times I was doing maps for Zombie Master and Zombie Panic! Source :P. I'll see what I can do. So far any comments on the change I did to A-Long / Former lockerroom?

    EDIT: I updated the screenshots in the mainthread for the lazy guys :P.

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • November 3, 2015 at 1:04 PM

    Small update:

    Quote
    • Removed Sewer; Map has now less layers
    • Sealed off Long A doors
    • Added new path from Long A via old lockerroom to A
    • Added details in Villa
    • Villa double doors are now metal
    • Added details and cover to A-Long
    • BOTs should now be able to navigate the spiral staircase
    • Released night version (link in description)
    • Slightly adjusted ambient light (now warmer)
    • Fixed some minor problems
    • FPS fixes

    Click here for the daylight version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=501568344

    Click here for the night version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=546859493

    (I'll update the screenshots once I get home, I'm on my tablet currently)

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • August 31, 2015 at 2:49 PM
    Quote from RivFader

    Sorry to sound ignorant, but why call it Bastion2 instead of just bastion?

    Actually pretty simple. Just to cordon it off from my old version. Bastion2 is based upon Bastion(1) but only around 30%. You can take a look at Bastion(1) if you go on my steamprofile anf view my workshop submissions. You should see the difference it's huge.

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • August 31, 2015 at 7:30 AM

    Last minute update? -Last minute update :>

    Quote
    • Improved FPS
    • Fixed skywalker problem
    • Fixed various spots where you could get stuck
    • Increased FPS and decreased skybox size (skybox over connector is now closed)
    • Design improvements around bridge
    • Added crates to boost on top of drawbridge
    • Clipped A-platform stairs
    • Added 64 Deathmatch Spawns
  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • August 25, 2015 at 5:44 PM
    Quote from Klems

    This doesn't look like southern france. For one the roofs are too sloped and the texture doesn't fit, the 3D skybox mountains are too tall and weirdly colored, and the vegetation doesn't look like anything we have back here.

    The yellow/orange stone texture is a bit too contrasted, I think the visuals would improve a lot if you changed it for something with more resolution and less contrast. Look at this http://previews.123rf.com/images/zechal/…Stock-Photo.jpg

    Residential areas are a good way of adding colors http://images.everytrail.com/pics/fullsize/…12.52.04_PM.png It's just so cosy man. https://schwingeninswitzerland.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dsc_0997.jpg Right now there's a bit too much pallets and crates for my liking.

    I think the resort assets are available no? It have proper vegetation for once.

    I based it more upon Carcassonne (which is also South) and not Southeast (Provonce). I'm still putting work into the residential area so stay tunned.

    Also I'm not willing to use assets by other people, I usually do them on my own or my 3D Artist does them. I'll see what I can do.

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • August 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM
    Quote from Tensei

    Those towers you got there. [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NmLw5T0.png] Feels like something is missing. I don't know. Right know i would say it needs detail.

    Yah true. Feels a little empty although there's 5 overlays on it already. I'll think about something for the next version.

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • August 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM

    Thanks! I'll investigate it.

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • August 20, 2015 at 2:39 PM

    Thanks for feedback Single!

    I've been receiving complains about poor FPS at certain areas of the map. Can you be a little more precise where you got the drops? Also is your PC low, mid or high end? (cause it runs fine on my Laptop which is low-end).

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • Walki
    • August 17, 2015 at 6:38 PM

    Quote

    Bastion2 - Bomb/Defuse

    Outraged by the corrupt bourgeoisie bidding decadent sums on useless pieces of paint and canvas, Anarchists planned to bomb a historic castle in the south of France and its current art exhibition.

    News of the attack leaked to the gendarmerie, who called off the auction and evacuated the prominent bidders.

    A GIGN special operations unit has been dispatched to the scene to neutralise the threat.

    Workshop Link (daylight): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=501568344


    Workshop Link (daylight): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=501568344

    Quote

    Counter-Terrorists: Garrison the historic bastion and repel the Anarchist's assault!

    Terrorists: Plant and detonate the C4 at one of the art exhibition sites!

    Other Notes:
    There's a sewersystem which leads from the villa to the lockerroom (A-Spot).

    Map created for
    The Reddit/Mapcore Mapping Contest 2015
    https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/articles/speci…ng-contest-r61/

    Credits:
    Walentin 'Walki' L. - Level Designer
    Steve 'Burro' M. - 3D Artist

    Workshop Link (Night): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=546859493

    Workshop Link (Night): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=546859493

    Quote

    Nightsky Credits: Day of Defeat: Source (Valve)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™