Beautiful, looking forward to new pics.
Posts by Pivac
-
-
E-League Major finals were awesome, almost as if it was scripted.
New update: Dust 2 out, Inferno in Active Duty Pool. Also Dust 2 gets its own category in Casual match search. It is a legendary map after all.
.[Blocked Image: http://media.steampowered.com/apps/csgo/blog…s/mapgroups.jpg]
-
Quote from Squad
1 hour ago, Squad said: Looks nice!
Did you use any tuorials for this? Just asking, because I'm learning SD and Blender too.
Thanks
This one is completely my own, but I have been working with Blender for a few years now and for learning Substance I used tutorials from their site and Youtube channel. -
Learning texturing with Substance Painter. Barrel model created in Blender.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/mGi32SZ.jpg]
-
Quote from Pampers
7 hours ago, Pampers said: finally some silhouette to the player models! the old ones had basically just cylinders for arms and legs
Yeah, I really like the general art direction in CS:GO recently. Slightly stylized, but still with a decent degree of realism, not too cartoony. Nice balance of aesthetics and competitive-friendly design.
Can't wait for other models to be updated. Dust 2 CT guys need it the most in my opinion.
-
Update: New SAS model, sound and public lobby tweaks.
[Blocked Image: http://media.steampowered.com/apps/csgo/blog/images/sas.png]
-
I think you have the right idea, though that model probably has some additional subdivisions, like this:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/bSLdY54.jpg]
Then in UV channel 2 you would only position that single face over chosen decal in decal texture, like this:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/yLFo1o6.jpg]
I simply squeeze other unused face UVs somewhere in the corner since these parts of decal texture are transparent anyway.
-
I did get it to work, example:
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/97PjLrL.jpg]
These are created in Blender, what are you using? I'd assume principles are similar even if it's different software.
-
New sound system is quite an improvement, especially for vertical orientation. Also good changes on Nuke.
-
Awesome, feels exactly like old Crash games, but with better graphics.
-
Very cool video about de_train's history from 3kliksphilip:
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
Yup, that pretty much confirms Dust 2 is the next one to get a rework.
Kind of expected, but de_canals is surprising. I wouldn't mind if it replaces Nuke, that map just doesn't work in CSGO.
-
Quote from Logic
5 hours ago, Logic said: Valve really patched the shit out of Inferno only a day after release!
[Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/874b9119cb2214a826626d1342042b7d.png]
That was fast! Much better than releasing a map officially and causing a lot of trouble because of a few small, but game-breaking bugs.
I like the new Inferno. Good balance between visuals and performance (though it seems a bit inconsistent visually, some art assets are nice looking while other look a bit out-dated). Visibility is improved, movement feels smoother, less pointless clutter - even though there are still a few spots that could use some clip brush love. Seems less CT sided, though we'll have to see it played more to confirm this. Overall very nice.
-
Wow that 3D skybox is sick.
-
Visuals are amazing. Looks unique and different, like it is running in some other engine. Looking forward to testing this in game!
-
Maybe you can edit first post to add a poll? Or you have to create a new topic, not sure. Alternatively just use some of free poll sites.
-
I agree, there are way too many maps to choose from on the server. I suggest that we have a poll on what maps should be in (roughly 10 - 15 high quality maps).
-
Great idea!
Like you said, previous iterations of Counter-Strike had many people playing on public servers since there was no integrated Match-making. It was fun for sure, every public server was like a little community. I still play 1.6 on Croatian/Serbian community servers sometimes and there are still quite a few players.
And custom maps deserve more attention, this is one way to showcase them.
-
Quote from RivFader
47 minutes ago, RivFader said: So I found this post on reddit about the workshop voting manipulation, but it was quickly deleted. However, the user made a pastebin of it:
If true, it is amazing how so much of all the terrible problems surrounding CSGO can be traced back to gambling in some way. It really is the root of corruption...
Wow, it's hard to believe stuff like this actually happens. Now I'm even more glad most of these sites are getting shut down. E-sports gambling in general needs some serious regulation. Simply insane and unbelieveable.
-
Never thought we would beat Spain. And Ronaldo is a great player, but he's annoying as fuck.