1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Quotingmc

Posts by Quotingmc

  • de_contract

    • Quotingmc
    • February 29, 2016 at 9:23 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316747095350752361/DDA722D332D371ECCDB405EA65BF147F89D5EE7A/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316747095350753202/0F64B5CCF61D94AFB53049D739ECA232C624A07B/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316747095350752837/5B7B3D6F07E16FC867D8149D1F2401D2F98BC647/]

  • de_contract

    • Quotingmc
    • February 29, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    Quote from Logic

    I really like the way this looks!

    One thing though:
    To me it seems like most of the angles on this map are really short and routes has a ton of twists and turns judging from the overview. KennyS will not approve Are there any long angles that might fit an AWPer?

    I have spent a while trying to reduce angles, a lot of people in playtests have criticised it for having them as the go to weapon for CT was always the AWP. There are still a considerable number to play. The overview is a bit deceiving, however i will add some more if it becomes an issue..

  • [CS:GO] DE_LITE

    • Quotingmc
    • February 29, 2016 at 6:31 AM
    Quote from cashed

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/TPCDiDQ.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/TO3gwoF.jpg]

    looks cool! Just one thing, why is there a giant cucumber on site? XD

  • de_contract

    • Quotingmc
    • February 28, 2016 at 6:27 PM
    Quote from Freaky_Banana

    ok. But then I would also block it off entirely.

    I don't think a little bit open is too bad. It looks a lot better, less generic box and doesn't tend to affect gameplay. If it becomes an issue I may change.

  • de_contract

    • Quotingmc
    • February 28, 2016 at 6:18 PM
    Quote from Freaky_Banana

    First off, I haven't played the map, but judging from the screenshots, why not make the APC walkable? My only concern here is an awkward headpeak possibility.

    Otherwise the screenshots look really nice!

    Lots of odd angles, the current way seems to work better

  • de_contract

    • Quotingmc
    • February 28, 2016 at 11:57 AM

    Started to refine Bombsite-A and the CT to A Connector. I also started to work on a colour palette and applied some test textures.

    Any feedback would be much appreciated!

    Images:

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666076540231/DF6B0847985A576F6CBAD41C2AF9CD026568DA0B/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666076539747/8104E32BC36BBB2341EDBB5865D9A696724AFDED/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666076539995/C0A88A1BA14B42FCD0E6D0A01737F6E700A6F3E2/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666076540117/FC1C18260EC19D9F1FBC415E72C51201AC6B493F/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666076539882/69EA07086AEA920E8F3D64C36E8157CB41117F7C/]

    EDIT: Here is a temporary overview

  • de_contract

    • Quotingmc
    • February 28, 2016 at 8:58 AM
    Quote from Wrakk

    I'm not a fan of the invisible walls on the APC in the lower bombsite. It also has some really narrow, awkward angles. You need to do put the it in a shipment container or something, like the one in A Site on Cache.

    Thanks for the feedback. I will look to improve the way the APC plays. I would like to not have to cover it all up but it may benefit that gameplay

  • de_contract

    • Quotingmc
    • February 28, 2016 at 12:28 AM

    De_Contract

    De_Contract is my latest custom defuse map for CS:GO. I am currently looking for any feedback that may help improve the map. I have not yet clipped the map fully so there may be a lot of places to escape. I plan to submit for a playtest and create a radar once I get sufficient feedback on the layout.

    (OUTDATED below. See comments for more recent!)

    Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=632376096

    V2b Images:

    Quote

    A Site:

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074496297/5663EDCE3B1494E6349F9FD1FBC54F0B9335E67A/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074492799/078FAAF9ED49FC44648351F80146D7A169EE08AF/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666072665203/B795F820B624883629E781A158B246D48BF70227/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666072665701/B4E9A6665C1157F0A19DE8FCDEBD6B5225906C68/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074496523/E9805D34834413351DAE52449A5119264B440AB1/]

    B site:

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074501999/CD029CCF5CDBDCC7938D67F705887C8C28379CD0/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074507102/922FCC23CE3B837AB2CB5193DAFDB2866904E71D/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074502136/2AF460D32B71D4E72ABAF93C903F5B5B0A2BFA21/]

    Mid:

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074506769/E201159B69EBF488A029578C15CD67C83E1D77AA/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074501346/19E8C8C190BAC9BDE6CD1A7CAA32F68E4E9FB4CD/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074493425/3982999669FA42E101C95E4DB45D18056B555BB2/]

    Other:

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074493294/63F1B16A01EBFC1CEA17184950A86374A42C6EAF/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074501858/AF2D5AF29564522C7373739A11D99F54C9086663/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074501668/EC84E9DF360EA63A53032F039BAF27F4C664BC4D/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074506631/0919E57DF7BC281FB178BB688FC89387B7408225/]

    Display More

    Radar:

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666074613137/A7E02001A40BF119BC31D217401E2963E389935A/]

    Please note this is an outdated image. Please use as only a rough guide!

  • Interests in a prop database?

    • Quotingmc
    • February 27, 2016 at 3:42 PM

    would be useful if done well

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Quotingmc
    • February 27, 2016 at 1:42 PM

    New screens, will start a thread soon now the layout is almost done. Playtested for 3-ish hours with friends yesterday, seems to play well.

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666072665385/B318A9A886AB30A5E0797B8E4E9FCB74FD49A7AF/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666072665958/7483E27DE1834A36AA31AD4401239A1959BD19D8/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/316746666072665203/B795F820B624883629E781A158B246D48BF70227/]

  • de_farm [WIP]

    • Quotingmc
    • February 27, 2016 at 12:30 PM

    The lighting is an odd colour. It is creeping towards sickly yellow/green which curses newer mappers. I would try altering it a little. Map itself looks really nice though. Can't wait to playtest!

  • [HOMM3:HD] Dragon's Prize

    • Quotingmc
    • February 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM

    I have no knowledge at all of the game, never even heard of it, but those look really cool!

  • [CS:GO][WIP] de_sanchez

    • Quotingmc
    • February 26, 2016 at 6:52 PM

    Any screenshots?

  • [CS:GO] de_ridge

    • Quotingmc
    • February 21, 2016 at 11:38 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    Hambhurghers

    Can you explain the Hurg. I get it is a running mapcore thing and there is an emoticon, but I don't get what it means XD

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Quotingmc
    • February 21, 2016 at 8:33 PM
    Quote from LizardPL

    You mean like aim_ak47, aim_pistol , aim_subway, ttt_minecraft_b5_csgo, fy_dustshack ? :D

    How could you forget such a classic as aim_lego_awp_4tower_r8_v02

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Quotingmc
    • February 21, 2016 at 6:07 PM
    Quote from austinweiss13

    How many projects have you started and quit now? This might sound a bit harsh, but you need to commit to one project and finish it, you can't start something new and trash what you were working on every time you have a change of heart. I think Sawmill had a lot of potential and if you were having trouble with it, it would make a lot more sense to resolve the issues instead of starting completely fresh.

    It was only my second serious map, one that I would consider even remotely viable for an operation/ serious play. I didn't scrap it lightly, in-fact I spent a good 8 hours this week trying to use an earlier version as a start point but I was changing so much, it was getting easier to just delete whole parts and start a new. I hate to trash a whole map but I think my time would be better spent on a project I A, enjoy and B, believe will generate a successful final product.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Quotingmc
    • February 21, 2016 at 6:01 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    sawmill dead?

    Pretty much. It had serious timing issues and the scale was really off. It was becoming a chore and I hated the sight of it. I hope to build on what I learnt from it with my new map, the biggest being the need to playtest a lot.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Quotingmc
    • February 21, 2016 at 5:48 PM

    The new version of de_nuke has fuelled me to start work on another defuse map. Here is what I have so far:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/xUMH6Gm.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Rqc9qiw.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/du2YQMn.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZaQZubU.jpg]

  • [WIP] de_coast

    • Quotingmc
    • February 20, 2016 at 12:52 PM

    I played this map today in mm. I was surprised how much it has changed since I looked at the end of the Mapcore Contest. Anyway, congrats on making the operation!

  • de_nuke_zoo [New content resource]

    • Quotingmc
    • February 19, 2016 at 7:45 PM
    Quote from Squad

    Yes. You need to extract a shitload of props from the bsp though. I zipped them and uploaded it here. Extract into csgo\models\props\autocombine\de_nuke.

    Works for me without any fuss. Just opened the .vmf and it was all good.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™