1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. AkatsukiUK

Posts by AkatsukiUK

  • [CS:GO] - de_subliminal - Defusal map

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 25, 2015 at 1:53 PM

    Going to be removing some of the door frames in office mid, but otherwise i'm not really sure i agree with you on this one sorry =/. I am always open to being proven wrong, so if you have the time to do it by all means I will have a look and see if some areas can be improved :).

  • Warhammer 40k: The Eternal Crusade

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 24, 2015 at 3:31 PM

    Hey all,

    Couldn't find a post about this, but wanted to know how many of you have bought a pre-order pack to be a founder on this.

    https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

    I signed up a little while ago and if anyone wants some bonus rogue trader points just enter this referral code when you checkout a founder pack on the store page .

    EC-MRTFIER2W3NBK

    Going with the Dark Angels as my main character, unless the Salamanders make an appearance.

  • de_stranded

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 23, 2015 at 5:25 PM

    Both areas in general I meant .

    Some sort of recycling plant might be interesting as a facility theme, but those tend to be bigger than the map layout you have so far. Unless of course you took just a sector from it and the rest of the facility you can see on the horizon.

  • de_stranded

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM

    Heyaa,


    Had a quick run around this today. Seems like you have some nice variation and verticality to the layout.

    Bombsites A and B are good but they do feel quite similar in gameplay, size and routes. So maybe look at one of these sites and make it feel more unique. You could even detail them a bit and use them as a basis for the rest of your theme .


    I googled ecological facilities and couldn't find much to reference. Do you have one near you in Russia?

    (+ I laughed at your picture crouched and smoking in version 1 of your screenshots lol - I assume it is you =D)

  • [CS:GO] - de_subliminal - Defusal map

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 22, 2015 at 12:59 PM

    Ok so I have been pretty busy on this for the last week and a bit.

    I have added quite a bit more detail and variation to the whole map, with changes to the layout + extra cover to bombsite B based on the feedback from the last mapcore public test.

    There is now a brand new Steam submission for the level to support this map moving forward.


    (If you have subbed/rated/Favorited or added the previous version to a collection please do so again on the new version)

    Thanks so much and links have been updated but here it is again here:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=446927952

  • Creative Assembly - Multiple positions, Console team

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 21, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    Quote from PogoP

    I think the games industry is a funny old business; from my experience, the only time you talk about salary is when you're drinking at the pub ;p


    ha usually.. unless you're in testing, in which case you get asked is minimum wage ok? The amount went down a whole penny at the time I joined!


    I have applied myself to the level design post, and just recently down for QA technician also (the level design role disappeared then reappeared).

  • [CS:GO] - de_subliminal - Defusal map

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM

    Map moved into 3d thread here.


    Had a good break away from the map to think about things and as it is the map is good but not great yet. Making some substantial changes in the coming weeks to really bring the gameplay up to a solid stage, and to improve the art.


    I have already added in the framework but it needs polishing. When this is ready I will get the level reserved for a second playtest . The current workshop page will stay as it is, and when level eventually hits final release I will be resubmitting it on Steam.


    Thanks and will keep you updated when I have something more to show.

  • Horizon Chase: The classic racing genre is back in full shape.

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 13, 2015 at 6:34 PM

    Nice art style! So this is what would happen if a Sega Mega Drive and an N64 went out on a secret date .


    Does your background art guy regularly go to work with just a hat and no clothes on?

  • Heroes of the Storm

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 12, 2015 at 9:48 PM

    no more wipes now are planned, so anything you buy/level up wont be lost. Just before release they did the same with Hearthstone.


    Since Feb this year they have had weekly sales on each of the heroes to buy with real money. You also get a sparkly pony if you buy something during the beta.


    Game is out 02.06.15

  • Heroes of the Storm

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 12, 2015 at 6:15 PM

    Hey all,


    Looking forward to when this actually gets full release status. I had a closed beta invite sometime ago but I have 4 spare keys for those that want to get in a month early .


    1) 6XTJBF-VNB4-MFWBYR-JMTB-MDGB4N
    2) TD67P4-B4M6-G29ZP8-N2W7-6VGDMD
    3) 2N6WM2-T66G-RVKH2X-CJ44-CGFGBY
    4) X68NKG-6J6M-89H7PZ-KFEX-ZDXMZV


    (let me know when each of these are used up and I will remove them)


    Been playing it a lot recently, and games are a decent length.


    Hit me up on battle.net to join for bonus party xp .


    AkatsukiUK#2825


    I hope they bring out Deckard Cain for a hero..

  • de_port_go (remake of original de_port)

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 12, 2015 at 10:18 AM

    I cry a little inside thinking about optimising this map. St.Mary map also had this same issue with framerate. Not sure if they solved it since then but worth checking the level out/asking in this thread:


    Have you converted much of your brush work to func_details?, no draw textures etc on hidden faces besides area portals and skip/hint brushes.

  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM

    That dancing lion in the background got them the funds .


    Nice colour palette. Had to squint to see the health/mana status but then again computers are making me blind.

  • [CS:GO] - de_subliminal - Defusal map

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 11, 2015 at 1:57 PM

    First lot of public server feedback has been implemented into the update today for level:


    Visuals:

    -Fixed A class bug with double doors allowing players to target enemies through them (changed material)

    -Improved readability by defining each area better with unique textures while still retaining consistency.

    -Increased lighting of shelves at A site.

    Game play:

    -Added some cover to B

    -Reduced the effectiveness of A/B site windows and made them slightly bigger so that players bodies are more exposed.

    -Opened some doorways as some were too narrow in the main conflict zones.

    -Deleted some interactive doors to improve flow.

    -Removed collision volume of bucket in mid.

    -Removed clip on window looking into A site (You can now throw the bomb through).


    I have left the steam as it is in the tunnel for now. I know it will be a 50/50 on like/dislike but I think it gives the tunnel some personality and is a deterrent for snipers standing on the ramp. (I may make it a little smaller).


    Let me know if you think things have improved .


    Level on Steam


    (The next update will be a huge art pass again)

  • [CS:GO] - de_subliminal - Defusal map

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 8, 2015 at 6:14 PM

    Going to concentrate on the game play feedback first, got my hands full with that in working out adding cover to B and balancing the windows looking into B and the one at A.


    I realise I went a bit far blending on the texture front . Still learning the texture libraries for Source. So much is...greeey, which you can get away with outdoors.

  • The Witcher 3

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 8, 2015 at 2:15 PM

    Have to wait for the ol bank balance to get this, but finished both the first and second Witcher games when they came out.


    Witcher 2 has one of my favourite cinematic's of all time, with that nutjob Letho freezing the kings boat and wiping everyone out.


    For me the Witcher games feel a bit more real, and more of a challenge. Some of the NPC's are kind of ridiculously dressed , but they don't feel wooden like the people populated in Skyrim. Skyrim nailed its theme, and the music is a fantastic support to the atmosphere, but the danger of the dragons dwindles pretty quickly. For me that was the one thing that kept my attention, and when you can kill them in a few hits...gets kind of meh.


    The combat system is pretty tricky to get used too in Witcher I agree, but it has improved with each version of the game.

  • Grass Is No More

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 7, 2015 at 9:57 PM

    I really don't mind how old you are. The fact you made something is great. It's always natural to say something like this so that any negative feedback you might get will be softened. Sharing creative things will always come with the good and the bad.


    The idea is pretty funny in my opinion . Curious as to what your inspiration was for making this? An avid gardener? Do you hate grass?


    Perhaps changing the RC cars to killer weeds would make sense, but somehow having RC cars chase after your lawn mower is hilarious.


    Good stuff

  • Need advice for indoor lightning in source engine

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 7, 2015 at 2:12 PM

    Just an idea but have you tried turning off specific layers in the visgroups 'Auto' layers bottom right. Such as func_details.


    Couldn't see this mentioned by anyone but if a func_detail (green coloured mesh in the viewport), has its face to the black void it can cause leaks. If you made all your curved areas into func_details and not sealed them in using no draw bsp blocks this can cause lots of problems. When loading a point file it can sometimes be difficult to spot the red line that points to the leak if you have a lot of meshes in the way.


    Might be completely off here, but just adding something else to check .

  • [CS:GO] - de_subliminal - Defusal map

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 6, 2015 at 3:40 PM

    I have added the feedback from last night to my website.


    Link here


    Details all the main points you made and my intentions for the future of the level .


    I have a fix for the mysterious transparent doors, it was a material problem. So the doors have changed texture now. I will try to introduce as many of the changes as I can to the next update with the door fix in one patch. Likely be sometime next week.


    Cheerio

  • [CS:GO] - de_subliminal - Defusal map

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 5, 2015 at 9:39 PM

    Thanks all to those that tested and left feedback in tonight's play test .

  • Henry Tofts - Level Designer

    • AkatsukiUK
    • May 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM

    Hi everyone,


    Thought I would throw myself to the wolves and post my portfolio here . Really love the community here and it is nice to be among like minded professionals.


    I am highly driven, self-critical and always looking to improve and learn new things.


    http://www.henrytoftsdesign.co.uk

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™