1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Flaterectomy

Posts by Flaterectomy

  • [NS2] [WIP] ns2_caged

    • Flaterectomy
    • March 1, 2015 at 3:01 PM

    My aim has been to make ns2_caged look like an official NS2 map, so I've not gone out of my way to find a way to innovate. (I'm not saying I could easily churn out something spectacularly different, though.)


    I also spent quite some time studying ns2_veil, so perhaps that's why certain elements feel too recognizable to you somehow.

  • [NS2] [WIP] ns2_caged

    • Flaterectomy
    • February 27, 2015 at 7:14 AM

    Thanks for the kind words.


    8bit, I don't map for CS:GO, no. I logged about 4 hours in that game. Felt a lot like 1.6, but I just haven't dedicated much time to it.


    Taylor Swift, I definitely filled in the blanks with my own ideas. It began as just a straight remake, but turned into a reimagining. I haven't actually worked on it constantly since october 2012, there were some sizable gaps due to feeling burnt out, health issues, etc.

  • [NS2] [WIP] ns2_caged

    • Flaterectomy
    • February 25, 2015 at 8:06 PM

    Hai folks!

    Introduction
    I'm Flaterectomy, though I also answer to Flat if the name in its entirety is too much hassle. I believe I was once registered here as G0b when I came from the CS mapping forums back in 2004, and I was very briefly and fruitlessly involved with Nuclear Dawn and Insurgency as a texture artist. The only 'complete' map projects I can claim were two small Half-Life deathmatch maps that I made in 2000 and 2001, so it's about time to add a third.

    Caged

    As for my map, I've been working on Caged since october of 2012. About time to present it here on MapCore, right? It is a remake/reimagining of ns_caged, which came with the original Natural Selection, and was made by Nelson "manah" Ferryman. I've been maintaining a thread for it on the NS2 forums, see the links below. There are various reasons why it's been taking me such a long time, but in recent months I've been able to get regular updates out and I'm confident that I'll be able to complete the project later this year.

    The map has been out on the workshop ever since I completed its earliest greybox in october 2012. It has seen a lot of testing in our weekly Spark Crafter Collective custom map playtests, and is being played competitively in the Natural Selection League. The marines always start in Marine Start, and the alien hive spawns in either Sewer, Ventilation, or Generator. As things stand right now there are 10 res nodes on the map in total.

    Links
    Caged on the Steam Workshop
    Thread on the NS2 forums
    Thread on the NSL forums
    YouTube playlist

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™