1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Doc_Brown

Posts by Doc_Brown

  • Maya and Source

    • Doc_Brown
    • December 9, 2014 at 9:44 PM

    Many thanks! I'll give this a read through, see if I can get it to work for me, and let you know how it goes.

  • Maya and Source

    • Doc_Brown
    • November 28, 2014 at 5:54 AM

    Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. As you said, Sigma, the guides that are online aren't the most... comprehensible. That's actually part of the reason I haven't tried MESA yet, El Moroes; it seemed even more convulated (at least the setup) than studiomdl and the like. For the time being I shall continue to play around with my various options, see if I can't luck out and get it to work.


    Speaking of which, here's what I made:

    [Blocked Image: http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w549/doc2000brown/comparison_zps61268fb7.jpg]


    It's not the greatest, of course, but then again I'm not a modeler. We'll see if I can't actually get it in-game.

  • Maya and Source

    • Doc_Brown
    • November 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM

    Are there any modelers present who use Maya? Specifically for use with Source engine games? I've asked around on a few different forums, but it seems most people prefer to use other programs instead.


    I ask because I've used Maya to create a model for a Left 4 Dead campaign I'm working on. I'm not a modeler, mind you--this is just a case of necessity--but it would be nice if I could find someone to bounce a few questions off of when it comes to exporting and compiling for use in-game.


    Alternatively, if anyone knows of a better place to go asking these questions, it'd be appreciated.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™