1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Scampie

Posts by Scampie

  • The Map Pack Inquiry

    • Scampie
    • December 23, 2014 at 11:12 AM

    Toss me into the pack! I don't really plan to update my map, and even if I do, it won't be anytime soon.

  • The results will be announced on the 22nd of December

    • Scampie
    • December 23, 2014 at 6:11 AM

    "next time think outside the pipes" THANKS MATT

  • "Feel the Way You Hate" by Sean 'Scampie' Campbell

    • Scampie
    • December 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM

    THANK YOU MOJICA

  • The contest has ended, now what?

    • Scampie
    • December 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM

    I CAN PLAY BINDING OF ISAAC AGAIN YAAAY


    ...after I play all the cool new Q3 maps! GJ everyone finishing a map, and GL and all that!

  • "Feel the Way You Hate" by Sean 'Scampie' Campbell

    • Scampie
    • December 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM

    ugggghhh I finished.


    Had a bit of a scare this morning. Added some last little touchs, and that suddenly put me over MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY in vis, because I had been lazy with detail brushes (AKA... didn't bother ). So, I had to quickly caulk and detail things, using what I thought would be a good method of filtering out detail brushes in radiant, and making brushes into details as I caulked their unseen faces...


    I'm sure some of you have seen what happens when you do this... You accidentally get a bunch of filtered out brushes you still have selected and end up texturing them all in caulk... So I ended up having to quickly retexture a bunch of stuff a couple hours before deadline and quite honestly ended up skipping a ton of detail brushes I should have done, and there's a bunch of faces which should be caulked which are not simply because I had to rush to repair with some time to spare It compiled though, and r_speeds are still acceptible, but I could've done a better job had I simply not been lazy with my detail brushes at the start.


    Honestly, that's the story of this map for me "I rushed and could do better". I feel the map turned out too wide and long due to how I was originally doing the blockout and I should've chopped it down some more. Plus, I stuck to that blockout brushwork too tightly without any really interesting architecture because of how quickly I needed to get things together. Had I not wasted a month-so before I actually got down to business, I could've fixed both of those. Didn't even playtest, just went by my own gut instinct because I rushed so much!


    OH WELLS! Live and learn. Lesson is "Go map. Stop playing silly video games"


    Screenshots:

    http://scampie.net/etc/mapshots/q3_q3scamp15mc1.jpg

    http://scampie.net/etc/mapshots/q3_q3scamp15mc2.jpg

    http://scampie.net/etc/mapshots/q3_q3scamp15mc3.jpg

    http://scampie.net/etc/mapshots/q3_q3scamp15mc4.jpg

    http://scampie.net/etc/mapshots/q3_q3scamp15mc5.jpg


    Download: http://scampie.net/files/maps/q3scamp15mc.zip

  • MapCore's Quake 3 15th Anniversary Submissions

    • Scampie
    • December 3, 2014 at 6:28 PM

    Name: Sean Campbell

    Nick: Scampie

    Map Name: Feel the Way You Hate (q3scamp15mc.bsp)

    Download: http://scampie.net/files/maps/q3scamp15mc.zip

  • "Feel the Way You Hate" by Sean 'Scampie' Campbell

    • Scampie
    • November 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM

    Got a first pass through a couple areas. Still so much to do!


    http://scampie.net/etc/wip/q3scamp15mc_wip4.jpg

    http://scampie.net/etc/wip/q3scamp15mc_wip5.jpg

  • "Feel the Way You Hate" by Sean 'Scampie' Campbell

    • Scampie
    • November 20, 2014 at 11:47 AM

    HI! I am super late


    I half-ass started when the contest was annouced, and then every game in existance was released and my mappery was sapped. I've also been confused with how large a map I need to make, but Sprony set me straight on that so I am revigorized and at the last minute going to make an effort to finish.


    Here are some editor screenshots of a blockout I will attempt to make pretty in the next week and a half! Good luck me.


    http://scampie.net/etc/wip/q3scamp15mc_wip1.jpg

    http://scampie.net/etc/wip/q3scamp15mc_wip2.jpg

    http://scampie.net/etc/wip/q3scamp15mc_wip3.jpg

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™