1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DooM

Posts by DooM

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • November 22, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    Quote from Nexusdog

    Hey mate, got a few questions for you - none are in any way critical of your work, just interested in how you plan & stuff.


    Caveat* (Needs more variety with vertical height on some of those buildings at some point)


    • What reference picture would you choose to best show what you want your map to look like?
    • Which map does your own currently play like, in general?
    • Which areas of your map are you excited about?
    • Which areas of your map have you struggled with?
    • Which maps were your inspiration for your project?

    Cheers mate, thanks for sharing & hope project goes well for you


    This reference is what I want my map to look like:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/nRqIZXX.jpg]


    Plays most like Dust 2 really, I want to change it so it feels different and not so death-matchy.


    I'm most excited about the bombsites.


    I struggled most with timings and middle as it's really hard to judge how to make middle play, as I think the layout of middle can make or break a map.


    Dust 2 is easily my biggest inspiration, mirage and a little sprinkling of inferno.


    Thanks for the questions, they've really helped me think about where this map is going.

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • November 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    Quote from Parkcityfan

    Have you read the Workshop blog about the new way to upload maps?

    Oh sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up! I will have a look at it now.

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • November 21, 2014 at 11:48 PM
    Quote

    Hello, here is my map de_whitmoore, I'm looking for some suggestions/feedback. I currently cannot get the steam workshop to work, so I will try to attach the .bsp.


    A bombsite:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/0RHfb8m.jpg]


    B bombsite:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5C6O9Zd.jpg]


    Mid:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/TQavIT1.jpg]


    Overview:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Jm2YJ3w.png]


    I am currently working on:

    Gameplay: Most important, Timings still feel odd on mid.

    Theme (European architecture, like Warsaw's old town)


    Thank you for reading this post.


    (I'd also really like to thank all that play-tested an earlier version of the map.)

    Display More

    Update: 06/12/14


    Hello, I put some extra time into game play and layout. Now the map looks completely different, as I pretty much just used some ideas from the old map but reworked them into a better layout. I have also changed the name to de_euro.

    Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=351681459

    A site:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hycH34r.jpg]

    B site:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/liDIx4E.jpg]

    Middle:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dHSynjU.jpg]

    Ct spawn:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uOZYyh2.jpg]


    Things I'm working on:

    Game-play

    Trying to work out what I'm going to detail (what buildings etc)


    Thanks for reading!

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • DooM
    • November 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

    Thank you to everyone who playtested.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • DooM
    • November 19, 2014 at 7:49 PM

    Hello, I'd like to have my map playtested tomorrow (20.11.14). It's just a basic layout and need some feedback on gameplay.


    The map is currently called: De_newlayout as it has no detail and I can't really come up with a name.


    https://www.mediafire.com/?lttknddwphjcctf


    Thanks.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™