1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DooM

Posts by DooM

  • Recruiting for making best map ever

    • DooM
    • March 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM
    Quote from gotcha

    Guys, greybox is done and ready for playtest

    *Image*

    Looks good, the textures look a little grey though, try something more vibrant?

  • [CS:GO] DE_Resort

    • DooM
    • March 1, 2015 at 8:21 PM

    Congrats on the release!

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • February 18, 2015 at 9:57 PM
    Quote from Mvllsk

    I need to make up the ranks that Ive lost the last time I played with you and doom x) I am certainly interested. I think I could be there 2-3 times a week, depending on the day.

    Oi!

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • DooM
    • January 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM

    Could I get a slot for tomorrow (15th)? Thanks


    Links: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ij33y…/de_euro_v4.bsp

    http://www.mediafire.com/download/4mb56…/de_euro_v4.nav

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 29, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    Quote from Gami

    Scribbled on the overview to convey my feedback, I need to playtest to give feedback on the bombsites but these suggestions might improve mids feel


    I moved the bridge and stairs over a bit(made the door into the window room wider), and I think you should open the T side that leads to the bridge and make it a balcony. added stairs for Ts in mid, made the other path to mid closer to b, and raised up the CT side of mid near A and made the CT hallway in mid wider


    red is brushs, light blue is railing sorryimbadwithmspaint


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/86kfnNd.jpg]

    Display More

    Thanks for the feedback!

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM

    Update overview: [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BFnTTnK.jpg]


    Not sure about the changes to A site:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dpLjW51.jpg]

    B site:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/6KkacNs.jpg]

    Mid:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/IDpJjTK.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 13, 2014 at 4:06 PM

    Changes as of 13/12/14:


    http://imgur.com/a/IiRD8

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    Quote from Mvllsk

    After the playtest I can say that the map definitely improved a lot. A few things I and other people noticed:

    - The entrance to B is too wide now. Instead of the big chip into the corner, make it a lot less drastic, maybe chose to make both corners for the main entrance round.

    - Change the door in B to a window and raise the hallway (add a staircase). That prevents CTs from rushing around and stopping Ts early from two angles. Still alow it to be boostable just to enable a surprise play by CTs. Also reduces the amount of easy afterplant positions for Ts.

    - Add more and smaller cover to B. Also replace some of the cover so CTs can more efficiently hold the angles for B main and B window/door.

    My suggestions for changes to B summed up.

    - Mid seemed fine. Some people wanted an easier way to smoke off both directions. I recommend adding a big box (climable for Ts) with a tilted sign or board on top so Ts can smoke around the corner easily and climb the box to get more vision into mid. Kinda like this.

    - Open up the CT mid to A connector a bit (the narrow corridor).

    - Replace rocket crates in A with different objects. Add light to A main corridor with natural light (ceiling opening).

    - Make A long more versatile and less exposed.

    - Increase cover for Ts that come into A, raise a wall so CTs cannot snipe from the back of A into the T main corridor. Also vice versa, dont allow Ts to fall all the way back and still have vision onto the bomb when planted underneath the arch.


    Next step once the layout stands will be making the many corridors feel less blant by adding life and a theme to them. I'm sure you have something in mind, but I'd suggest going for one color/texture scheme for the area around A and the corridors that lead to the bomb spot and a fitting but differentiated theme for B and the area infront of B main and the area around ct spawn to B.


    I'm looking forward to further improvements. As you might be able to tell, I'm quite confident that this map can be a great one.

    Display More

    Thanks dude! working at the moment, update coming!

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • DooM
    • December 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM

    Hello, could I get my map tested today?


    Thanks


    http://www.mediafire.com/download/648fp…/de_euro_v2.nav

    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7vh32…/de_euro_v2.bsp

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM
    Quote from Mvllsk

    Yea, I'd suggest moving it towards the exit from T spawn anyways because currently CTs approach mid several seconds faster than Ts.


    Actually I have a few ideas. Keep in mind these are only suggestions.

    I visualized everything to make it easier to explain. Please open this image along with the text below.


    All times are the rounded average of several attempts. I categorized "left" and "right" spawn points and took pure running time with a knife from both areas.


    Currently, Ts need 10 seconds to approach the staircase [a] (depending on their spawn +/- 1 second, assuming they use the respectively fastest route) while CTs that spawn to the right only need 5 to CT Mid . Also when jumping through the windows, CTs can get to the T mid house windows [c] via the vines just as fast as T would enter the room via the stairs (~12 secs) and they get to the opposite corner in mid [d] at the same time Ts would get to the entrance [a].

    Move the stairs as you mentioned slightly towards the side (red).

    Naturally, you could suggest to move T spawn closer but that would screw with the bombsite timing. As you can see, bombsite A has actually solid time difference. The issue with mid is also seen in B site. My first suggestion is therefore to move CT spawn slightly closer to the long corridor towards A (I will explain the reasoning to shorten the actually perfect time towards A in a bit) and move the area that connects mid and CT spawn slightly towards B so CTs cannot shoot from CT towards T mid house and also have 2 more seconds of a delay. This wont affect any other rotation timing.


    Then, open up the entrance into B at B1 by cutting away the marked corner so it's no longer such a hard choke point. Then give Ts another entrance via a window or door at B long. The exit of it shouldnt be too far into the bomb site so CTs can still control both chokes from the B2 area but may no longer stack at the corners of B1. I can understand that you might have wanted a single entrance bomb site like B on dust2 for example. The issue for that theory would be that your map doesnt play like dust2. The mid area is way less accessible than dust2 and the rotation through mid is a lot longer for Ts. I therefore recommend two entrances for Ts into B but assuring both entrances are balanced and the one being a choke point just like A. No worries though, in theory, the bombsites shouldnt feel the same. B has still much shorter rotation times for CTs from mid and can also be easily pushed from behind by CTs that push through mid towards the T entrance to B.


    A is much more isolated. You did change the long corridor, but I still feel like the bomb spot doesnt allow for too many moves for Ts. The corridor at A1 is very open, but that is okay. But currently, as a T, you cannot really support A1 from the squeeky A3. I therefore suggest adding a high ground to the purple marked area at A3 that can look above the door but not into the rest of the bombsite. Also you might wanna consider expanding the bombsite a bit by adding more corners and allowing for more strategic play and cover for both CTs and Ts. So the reason we move CT spawn towards A is not only to make the times towards B and Mid slightly more balanced, but also to assure that CTs can take positions in A as it is, opposed to B, a very closed in bomb spot.


    Last idea would be adding a connector (green) for Ts for slightly faster rotation times from mid to A. This will not affect early plays too much but assures that Ts can show mid (retreive bomb, etc.) within the last 30 seconds and not automatically assure CTs that they will have to go for a B push.

    The map might now feel a lot like Cache. A is compareable with A on Cache and for B it's the same but it should still be a very unique layout with interesting ideas that I hopefully could improve a bit.

    E: I might have misplaced the spawns in the image a bit but you should see which ones I talk about.

    Display More

    Great feedback! I moved the stairs last night to be something more like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/rxEcZvz.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 7, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    Quote from Mvllsk

    I'm just happy that you added the balcony to mid ^__^

    Just one suggestion: Move the stairs for T mid/balcony either slightly to the left (with the entrance) or flip them.

    At the moment, Ts that go up the stairs are completely exposed and mid feels a bit too beneficial for CTs.

    I was thinking of moving them to be more where you come out of the other doorway to mid (t side) with the stairs facing the same direction, so the room is just flat but with stairs outside and metal maybe. Also was that your suggestion? If it was, great suggestion! I originally had it as three windows but I felt Ts couldn't rush.

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    Quote from TheGuma

    Huge improvements! I like the way you are going with the theme, however, try to stick a little bit "away" from Italy and Inferno themes.

    Yeah I hope to get the map to look more like the reference images posted earlier. Thanks for the input!

  • [CS:GO] De_Marketplace Alpha

    • DooM
    • December 6, 2014 at 10:53 PM

    Hello, I've walked around your map and have a few pointers:


    This catwalk on B site is too high and gives way too much information to the cts, they can see pretty much half the map and with an awp they become very powerful.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jySbbJu.jpg]

    Example of sightline

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/eIUmLz6.jpg]

    This box is too difficult to jump on and ruins the the flow mid (add some smaller boxes next to it, same for the box on mid too.)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/SnjHAZD.jpg]

    This corridor feels like an AWP lane and should maybe have a little bit of cover (a small alcove on the left like dust 2's A long car?)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/2CHuW8o.jpg]


    Good luck with your map and remember to nodraw everything the player cannot see! (maybe do this later when you optimise the map although it is a good habit to do it early.)

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    Quote from Nakroma

    Nice, looks a lot better then in the playtesting session. B looks great (altough I kinda liked the minipit), mid looks also really good.

    Did you do anything to the huge long door corridor?

    Yeah I split it up a bit, I feel it still needs work though

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • December 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM

    Huge update! Check the OP.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • DooM
    • November 30, 2014 at 9:01 PM
    Quote

    Alright, we'll playtest your map today after Nakromas map.


    Okay Thank you


    hey, you've linked twice to the .nav file. could you send me the link to the bsp file?


    Sorry: http://www.mediafire.com/download/13cjv…/de_euro_v1.bsp

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • DooM
    • November 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    Quote

    Alright, we'll playtest your map today after Nakromas map.

    Okay Thank you

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • DooM
    • November 30, 2014 at 4:53 PM

    Hello, could apply for the latest slot that is convenient?


    The map is called de_euro


    Thanks


    BSP: https://www.mediafire.com/?wlj37534q11h3q5


    NAV: https://www.mediafire.com/?wlj37534q11h3q5

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • November 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    Quote from Nexusdog

    Well now, that's got some nice architecture in that pic. I did a bit of google fu & found some interesting stuff - may interest you, may be interesting? I didn't see many pics showing a variety of scenery or street layouts, though these were quite good.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.gyazo.com/1d34aed91903bd7670315edb40bef68b.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.gyazo.com/34fb953dfce557854bf3358fc5b7c17d.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://www.mightytraveliers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/kleinseite-prag.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://www.geo.de/reisen/community/bild/regular/440128/Prager-Kneipe-auf-der-Kleinseite.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://cruise-prague.paluba.eu/wp-content/uploads/moldaufahrt-01.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.gyazo.com/6d9a2dd75b0dc4a483c477858aca056b.png]

    Display More

    Holy... Thanks for the images! Yeah the streets always seem either very wide or quite narrow, anyway thanks!

  • [CS:GO] de_whitmoore

    • DooM
    • November 22, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    Quote from TheGuma

    My suggestion would be to change the maps name.

    I don't find long names like Black Gold or Whitmoore particularly interesting mainly due to their length.


    Shorter names could work, even de_warsaw would be a better choice. It has to be simple, portray the map well and sound interesting.

    Thanks for the input!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™