1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DooM

Posts by DooM

  • E3 hype!

    • DooM
    • May 26, 2015 at 7:58 PM

    I am super hyped for Need For Speed. NFSU2 is probably one of my favourite games ever.

  • [CSGO] de_cargo

    • DooM
    • May 23, 2015 at 1:43 PM

    Just some quick feedback:

    You should put some wood over this ladder to make sure people know they can't climb it.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JRmbxg4.jpg]

    This door could be overlooked, it seems hidden behind that signal box. (There's also a newer version of this prop you might want to check out)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Qe8NATB.jpg]

    There's this horrible angle in A, which is OP for CTs.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4U2GKQW.jpg]

    This small area seems difficult to check, as well as being difficult to read due to the amount of clutter in that area.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/AJhb4J2.jpg]

    A small complaint, this bucket is solid and you can get stuck on it really easily.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Wt5cRvs.jpg]

    This angle from the inside of A, could be an issue late round for if Ts want to rotate through mid, CTs can play this angle and cut off the rotate very quickly.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/pSnatEB.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/lpIOZRg.jpg]

    Ts have this angle into mid, which seems a little broken seen as though you can't see the window prop.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/wkA4Vq2.jpg]

    B site seems really open when trying to plant, with the large fuel tank for cover, but you can still be shot from CT main (2nd image) which is where CTs will likely rotate to first.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/8ZD42Sc.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/SJE3j2H.jpg]

    This large roof near B site also seems to not be no-drawed? I'd probably no-draw this for optimisation sake.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/XcVgdUh.jpg]

    This boost on A seems to undermine the whole of A main, it could allow for Ts to be picked off while setting up smokes and allow for CT to play aggressive easier.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UcRoVnQ.jpg]

    This area also has a horrible head-peek too.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UbKNw5w.jpg]

    Mid has a head-peek as well, which could be a problem if T want mid control.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3sELSEU.jpg]

    Map looks really good and is way better than the older version.

  • [CS:GO] Block party

    • DooM
    • May 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM

    This is already on quite a few mini-game maps, even as far back as source. I really enjoyed it on those maps.

  • [CSGO] de_cargo

    • DooM
    • May 13, 2015 at 7:21 PM

    Looks a little bit grey? I would love to see some colour added and I think it would help the visuals greatly.

  • [CS:GO] [WIP] oldtown

    • DooM
    • May 11, 2015 at 5:11 PM
    Quote from Tensei

    Indeed you can do it, but look at the bright side, you can throw mollies from t side too, but it requires more skill I have myself tried it out.

    If T 5 man rush the site, can't CTs just throw that molotov and tag the entire team to low-ish health?


    Okay. What about i make the molly throw only possible for t's. I just wanted to make mollies more useful, because most people don't even see it as necessary tool.


    I think that would be better for balance, maybe create something like the new-box molotov on inferno?

  • [CS:GO] [WIP] oldtown

    • DooM
    • May 11, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    Quote from Tensei

    Indeed you can do it, but look at the bright side, you can throw mollies from t side too, but it requires more skill I have myself tried it out.

    If T 5 man rush the site, can't CTs just throw that molotov and tag the entire team to low-ish health?

  • [CS:GO] [WIP] oldtown

    • DooM
    • May 10, 2015 at 12:12 PM

    This seems a little bit broken, but I don't know the timings.


    A molotov can be thrown from A site to the T attacking route to A

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zrTSGgq.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dzoLUFD.jpg]

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • May 7, 2015 at 7:37 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    I think Mark uninstalled after the game I had with him last night, 2 salty 6 me.


    What did you do with him?! He was uncharacteristically stoked when we played with him at about midnight.


    MM with him and some other guy (mg2), lost 16 3 at around dmgish level.

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • May 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    I'm sure everyone can relate to this, but marks and DooM take this to a whole new level


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/nboovc9.png]


    (I'm pretty sure they actually quoted DooM)

    I think Mark uninstalled after the game I had with him last night, 2 salty 6 me.

  • [csgo] de_venezia

    • DooM
    • May 1, 2015 at 8:30 PM
    Quote from Triple-M

    The majority of the criticism of the Map in last nights playtest was levied at the water. Not a big surprise as I was being fairly experimental with the water. I've gone back to my test map to try out a few tweaks. I have the water more shallow to prevent players from crouching under the water line. I have also changed the water texture to "Aztec" to help the player models visually pop out more.


    (images)


    Hopefully these are some steps in the right direction but I'm interested in other people's opinion.

    I think you should consider blocking some routes off, the readability of the water is terrible and leads to the overlooking of potential attacking routes. This as well as making it very difficult for CTs to hold the bombsites due to so many angles being able to attack the bombsite this in turn with lack of for CTs leads to somewhat T sided gameplay.

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • April 28, 2015 at 10:55 PM
    Quote from laminutederire

    If and when we have a 5v5 I can record a demo if you like? (assuming I'm playing)Well yeah but otherwise I can just add one of you and check out how good players play without you moving a muscle

    Demo from today's 5v5, only my POV unfortunately. https://www.mediafire.com/?3w6qwxg5jjjyo3z

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • April 28, 2015 at 7:42 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    (ノಠ_ಠ)ノ Raise your donger (ノಠ_ಠ)ノ

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • April 28, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    If you provide your steam accounts, I can invite you to the mapcore csgo group. everyone there will be present in this thread.


    im happy to receive friend requests regarding spectating purposes, and if im in a non-gotv supported lobby, feel free to ask me to watch via steam broadcasting, or ill just link you my twitch if im streaming.


    everything is in my signature!


    Im also thinking of buying the Steelseries Sentry (and upgrading my webcam), so people can see where I'm looking on my screen while I stream.


    I'LL SHOW YOU MY CAT AS WELL?

    Display More

    JACKOCAM, I'd be interested in a hand cam as well.

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • April 27, 2015 at 10:08 PM
    Quote from laminutederire

    Could it be possible to see how you guys play to learn some things?

    If and when we have a 5v5 I can record a demo if you like? (assuming I'm playing)

  • [CSGO] de_cargo

    • DooM
    • April 25, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    Quote from LizardPL

    Ok I came up with something like this:

    [images-snipped]

    I still don't really like that barbed wire on the concrete barriers, I feel it could reduce visibility maybe.

  • de_jeuk (not actual name)

    • DooM
    • April 13, 2015 at 9:42 PM

    Just some thoughts after running around the map, I cannot comment on too much as I haven't played the map in a competitive environment.


    Quote


    There is a horrible Head-peek on mid from the underpass.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DOl7S2Q.jpg]
    I think you should raise this and change that water texture too, maybe.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NQDQcsF.jpg]
    This is way too deep, I think it's too hard to check for retaking CTs, maybe make it so their gun sticks out?
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/C2em3s9.jpg]
    The scale of the underpass is horrible, lower the floor or raise the ceiling, it feels way too cramped.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/J63r4ld.jpg]
    Maybe raise this slightly as you hit your head when you jump
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/rHnWDMF.jpg]
    Maybe change this to wood? I don't think the glass adds anything to gameplay.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UVYTV8r.jpg]
    This ramp is a little bit steep
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/PWnvcqY.jpg]

    Display More
  • de_raid [csgo wip]

    • DooM
    • April 13, 2015 at 9:16 PM

    Just a minor thing, will you be adding the window? The one near to the basket ball court.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/kiunHXA.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] De_Stad

    • DooM
    • April 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM

    This is my new map that I'm working on! Set in South Africa with some modern themed buildings and stuff.


    The map is currently heavy WIP and is subject to many changes.


    To-do list:


    • Make suitable changes to layout to allow for somewhat balanced game-play and interesting game-play.


    • Remove OP angles and head peeks.


    • Create mood boards and collate references for the detailing phase.


    • Clipping pass before play-testing.


    • Remove some movement opportunities around the A bombsite.


    • Improve the lighting.


    Screenshots:


    Mid:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/OUT8dx0.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/XSIkfCJ.jpg]

    The A bombsite:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/09u7NqM.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/daXAlLU.jpg]

    The B bombsite:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Xx7eK8Y.jpg]

    Mid to B connector:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/k8Z1eRr.jpg]

    Mid to A connector:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/xaH9bgP.jpg]


    Download:

    BSP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2656j…7/de_stad_A.bsp

    NAV: http://www.mediafire.com/download/00etw…h/de_stad_A.nav

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • DooM
    • April 8, 2015 at 1:25 PM

    Add me on Faceit pls, ty.


    https://www.faceit.com/players/_DooM_

  • [CSGO] de_sandstorm

    • DooM
    • March 31, 2015 at 11:17 PM

    Some quick feedback after I ran around the level.


    Feedback:


    Quote

    This thing makes no sense to me

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/w5rBHBw.jpg]

    Because you can peek like this. (I'm crouched)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zyO2SqS.jpg]

    I think this balcony is too high up.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zJwwJLu.jpg]

    Mid has no cover for CTs or Ts, and is also a really long angle

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/CDcjtyX.jpg]

    This balcony is really high up (B site)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/A4Gmv9T.jpg]

    as well as this balcony for CTs (B site)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Z4yhHeP.jpg]

    You can jump on this window from the balcony on B site, these windows should be none-solid.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/XYriOBA.jpg]

    This lamp appears to be clipped and you can stand on it by jumping on the boxes on B site, this should be none solid also.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/aPeGrer.jpg]

    These lamps should also be none-solid.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/c8UiP0r.jpg]

    This room is really cramped, the ceiling is too low. Visibility could also be an issue from the lack of light.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Xh5YaCo.jpg]

    This vent on mid could provide some strange game-play scenarios.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MYsJ5ff.jpg] This geometry needs to be fixed.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ig675Wl.jpg]

    This arch appears to be glowing.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/REZ6EFm.jpg]

    This box is 64 units tall, this means that you can only see people heads when they stand behind it and allows anyone with semi-decent aim to destroy people pushing.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WHbZUdV.jpg]

    From the balcony on A you can jump on the railing see into mid.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/76HmSg5.jpg]

    A site seems to lack some cover but without playing properly I cannot really comment on this.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RJXH79n.jpg]

    Display More
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™