1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Metla

Posts by Metla

  • [CSGO] de_Arches

    • Metla
    • February 8, 2015 at 12:36 PM

    Looking like a nice crossover of the classic Dust and Dust2 ;D

  • [CSGO] Help me with the layout changes

    • Metla
    • January 7, 2015 at 5:28 PM
    Quote

    I can't make screenshots, sorry, but there see a couple of things you could do. You could make windows for terriosts to flash in


    I was planing to expand the 'tunnels' into big areas later when the layout is finalized and make windows and all that stuff.


    Quote

    make a sort of elbow shape of path. I know this is hard to do with no screenshots but I am on mobile so it is pretty hard. Slant that path to the right, and then make it turn back into the doorway. You could also perhaps do this more conventionally with no slant whatsoever. Work on the angles a lot.


    That's a good suggestion! I'll work around that, this has given me few more ideas, thank you!


    Quote

    I also trust that B is in progress on the other side?


    I was planing to do in order: CT, A site, Connecting pathways, T spawn, B site, more connecting pathways, timing, texturing and detailing


    So far I'm stuck on connecting pathways to T spawn.

  • [CSGO] Help me with the layout changes

    • Metla
    • January 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM

    Hello.


    I started working on a map 5 days ago (after I watched a plenty of basic tutorials I decided I could give it a try).

    This is the basic layout I drew in photoshop in 2 minutes. Fair enough I got to work.

    2 days later I made CT, A bombsite and a pathway connecting them. I drew with red lines what I'd do next.

    I did what I call Room 1 (just 1 in the pics) and wondered what I'd do next.

    This time I didn't draw, I just made this from my creativity in the sdk.


    The problems start here, but before I go into them I'll leave you with 2 pictures of Room 1.

    Pic 1 | Pic 2


    I had 2 projects I quit because I overcomplicated them, I don't want this to be another project I quit.

    Alright, You see the room 1, and you see where the terrorists come from, well what do I do after they exit this 'tunnels' and get into room 1? CT's will wreck them.

    I should do some cover but I don't know how to do it. I was thinking of making not-interactive doors (like in dust2) but I don't know to be honest. I didn't open the sdk in 2 days because I thought to myself I overcomplicated the map again


    I basically need tips on what to do in room 1.


    I will not share the map file, please just use sniping tool and draw what you'd do on the screenshots I've provided.


    Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™