1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM

    Had to install CS on a work laptop so I could finish the pickem challenge.


    Really wish I had chosen LDLC over the fnatic now. Not just because they're clearly currently the better team.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    Quote from tr0nic

    Bombsite A positioning/ct spawn always have been an issue in overpass. The first iteration of the map had similar boost problems. I don't understand how they couldn't just make a 100% proof clipping pass of this critical area. Seems lazy..

    probably felt like overkill to clip the whole lot but should be getting properly tested, If a pro team can find it I'm sure Valve can.


    I wonder if it's possible to write an algorithm that highlights all walkable/standable areas because the problem with this spot is that you can basically get 6 foot the ground without a boost...


    Guys, just be glad it's not one of your maps. You'd be getting accused of being part of the cheater alliancetm just now

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM

    that boost!


    https://imgur.com/a/kCizf

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 28, 2014 at 3:49 PM

    Still not a fan of DE_Cbbl. Any B attempts with a CT with auto holing back of site have been fully shutdown. And I don't think I've seen a T rotation yet on it.


    Overpass is great though- It feels like a wildcard map just now.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM

    true


    team wins: 'using hacks'


    teams loses unexpectedly: 'not good without thier hacks'


    It's pretty tedious to even just read.

  • Does anyone use light instances in hammer?

    • Vaya
    • November 26, 2014 at 2:55 PM

    Thanks

  • The Jurassic World

    • Vaya
    • November 26, 2014 at 12:40 PM

    'that dinosaur hybrid you guys made in the lab'


    unlike those 100% natural living dinosaurs, those are fine

  • The Jurassic World

    • Vaya
    • November 26, 2014 at 9:38 AM

    Bet this is 100% CGI too. Original movie had some puppetry

  • Does anyone use light instances in hammer?

    • Vaya
    • November 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM

    Hi


    I'm pulling apart Valve maps to further my understanding of lighting on the source engine.


    I noticed that both GG_baggage and CS_office use instances for lighting


    What are the benefits of this? Is it just consistency/time saving or is there more to it?


    Sorry there isn't much references I can find regarding light instances- just instanced brushwork for breaking up visgroups and allowing easier management of rotated/off grid geometry.


    Cheers

  • Far Cry 4

    • Vaya
    • November 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM

    I took down the first fortress by myself on hard mode. Silenced sniper is op

  • Jobye-Kyle Karmaker - Environment Artist

    • Vaya
    • November 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM

    I just wanted to say your work on farcry 4 was ridiculously good. I was blown away the first time I saw the 'Shangri-La' mission.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 24, 2014 at 9:39 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/H5tyR9M.jpg]


    Fringe map heros + Valves latest MM update = extra lube required. 'Can we play season now? :('

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

    search your installation for that .dll and rename to .dll.old. then verify again

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • Vaya
    • November 22, 2014 at 2:47 PM

    I like the idea...not sure how it'll work though? is there a better overview available than the radar one?

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM

    people on reddit are complaining it's not 'just the team logo' again.


    I don't valve would be able to do that twice? would create a lot of confusion. I like the new stickers too, exp the cloud 9 holo.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM

    paired with the other new MM requirements it should massively reduce hacking/smurfing. Smart changes.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM

    Guess I won't be playing with my friend's silver 3 friend again anytime soon

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    Quote from Puddy

    Rumors are that these guys aren't the only pro players who cheat. This is gonna be interesting! Might come some last-minute VAC bans before DHW.


    Can't pro players enter some sort of contract where they pay shit ton of penalties if they are caught or something? :/

    I hope so. This is mega bad for the game.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 21, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    Quote from Marcem

    It kinda bums me out that cbble is still in the rotation, that map's still not great.

    Replace with season


    Counterstrike: FMPone Offensive.

  • GTA V

    • Vaya
    • November 19, 2014 at 7:48 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://prod.hosted.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/YjB4SamD3UmQ1HF7Qf1bsg_0_0.jpg]


    wattt

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™