1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • December 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM

    Those rounded corners are actually kind of fucked in the current official Dust2 as well. I noticed yesterday.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • December 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM

    Tomorrow night maybe?


    Promised the GF I wouldn't play tonight

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • December 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    Quote from jackophant

    This has been in my bookmarks a while and I never managed to read it.


    I had a quick peruse and thought I'd share it here so here are few tips for CSGO:


    http://csgolikeapro.com/index.php?title=Guide

    Cheers for the games a couple of days ago.


    Hopefully you aren't having too many post-traumatic flashbacks

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • Vaya
    • December 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM

    change to an office. No one cares about office workers


    This has me thinking through...Imagine office but with a strongly defined middle. Middle being the 'main entrance' to the office and two more stealthy entrances (roofs or windows etc). Could work better for 5 vs 5? on the current office you only need to hold the two paths to the hostages.

  • -

    • Vaya
    • December 15, 2014 at 4:03 PM

    percent complete is quite useful too


    I suppose you could still use hammer while you're compiling as well.

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • Vaya
    • December 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM

    CS:Office from Counterstrike (1.6/source/go) as a casual 20 man experience


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    What I think this map does really well- and it may of been the first CS map to do this well- is tell a story just from its layout:


    • Starting as a CT you have to breach the office and save the hostages that the terrorists are protecting from a fortified position
    • The difference in texturing forms a kind of 'mental barrier' between the inside and outside of the map.
    • Details like the toppled vending machine showing the conflict but also adding to the design.
    • Design allows for both CQ and long range plays.

    The source version blew me away when I first saw it, details like exploding fire extinguishers and great texturing, but in retrospect was probably the weakest version of this map- too much prop_physics that caused clutter and even blocked doorways. I think GO has hit the sweetspot between props, looks and playability.

    DE_Dust2 has it beat on the scalability/competitive edge but CS_Office is always great fun.

  • Far Cry 4

    • Vaya
    • December 15, 2014 at 1:07 PM

    Scripting was a bit fucked on the final mission:


    Quote

    Grenade launcher'd pagin out of the helicopter he was trying to escape on. didn't register him as being dead until I destroyed the helicopter though. He went flying out the back of it on fire

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • December 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM

    Sorry I'm sure I replied to this before leaving work!


    A lot of your ideas/issues are down the same lines I was thinking. Thanks for suggesting/documenting these though as it gives me a list of problems with this area to work through

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • December 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

    I'll consider it


    de_whatswithallthebrickwalls

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • December 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM

    It's a bit jarring it's futuristic but set in the eastern bloc..

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • Vaya
    • December 13, 2014 at 11:09 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • December 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM

    - Map may be overly simple at present added a 'short' mid. my playtesters liked it

    - Layout Needs to be reviewed in terms of Chokes and Spawn areas

    - Lighting that doesn't look like the map is located on the surface of the sun

    - Radar's Y axis is screwed (misaligned both top and bottom)

    - Making map look good. Currently looks like brickland

    - repeating textures make my eyes bleed.

    - Models need to be created for server racking. I've never done modelling Valve was nice enough to include a racking model in the new DE_train update.

    - Find a better map name de_solution

    - update map's overview. .kv .nav etc to new mapname

    - playtest on mapcore terrified about this. Watched you guys rip apart much better maps than this

  • [CS:GO] Pioneer_Revamped

    • Vaya
    • December 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM

    Looks... interesting. hard to tell from the overview provided but it looks like all corners are right angles?


    I would suggest nodrawing the tops of brushes out of player view, would make the overview easier to look at

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • December 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5J1Ov1x.jpg]


    Does anyone speak Russian? I want to know what it says

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • December 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM

    It's something I've looked into, as well as making it winter/snow based.

    I'm worried about visibility though, I'll probably continue with the generic day lighting for now until I'm happy with the layout and my areas and then think more about the general theming of the map- 3d skybox/weather etc.

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • December 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM

    http://imgur.com/a/ns91f


    Imgur album of recent changes. Very much still a work in progress but I think i'm starting to define areas better


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/URMXsgU.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/1WwWYKC.jpg]


    I think I need to increase my texture palette

  • CS:GO Workshop: Weapon Finishes

    • Vaya
    • December 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM

    looks good. The fire coming out of the dragons mouth doesn't look right though?

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • December 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM

    I'm liking the new design and am not too bothered with the future theme.


    I just wish they had skipped the communist symbols. We already have a Russia-based map in DE-Cache..

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • December 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM

    http://imgur.com/a/JomYh#8

    Valve: this art looks good but its missing something


    http://imgur.com/a/JomYh#9


    Valve: fuck it lets redo it from scratch

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • December 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM

    Fuckin cool. Cheers man

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™