1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza

    • Vaya
    • February 22, 2015 at 11:22 PM

    what resort?

  • Oliver Curtis - Level Designer

    • Vaya
    • February 22, 2015 at 8:00 PM

    Nice layout. Some of the wording is pretty clumsy imo...


    I don't know if I'd mention my 'get by' job when I'm trying to sell myself either

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • February 22, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    Quote

    Sounds like a cool idea, but we need the smokes to be transparent and flashes to not really flash, otherwise its going to be a clusterfuck of smokes and flashes every warmup. Also, no idea how to turn everyone invincible.

    maybe just allow decoys then, they share the same physics with normal nades, yeah?

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • February 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php…ghlight=grenade


    Something like this for warmup?

    -Infinite nades

    -Everyone is invincible

    -Grenade trails

  • What I'm Working On

    • Vaya
    • February 22, 2015 at 9:37 AM

    http://www.twitch.tv/angercss/v/3818493?t=2h47m58s


  • [CS:GO] Rails

    • Vaya
    • February 21, 2015 at 8:00 PM

    I would recommend a 'real world location' backdrop too, if just because you want to get in an operation.


    Think about how valve has marketed each operation and parts of the game itself are built up- they play on the 'global' idea of global offensive quite a lot with tours of duty etc. I would say the majority of the maps featured so far have had a strong placement in a certain country or region.

  • CSGO Map Submissions open for the next operation!

    • Vaya
    • February 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM

    I'm interested in the process after valve chooses the maps. Do they make you sign an NDA then ask you apply a number of changes to the map? or do they ask you to send an upto date bsp/vmf/radar etc for inspection and apply any 'required' changes themselves?


    I know someone from here had valve apply a number of changes to a map's lighting before it got added it an operation.


    It would be cool if you got invited to a playtest with CSGO's team and discussed the design with them but that's probably wishful thinking

  • [CS:GO] Rails

    • Vaya
    • February 21, 2015 at 10:50 AM
    Quote from FMPONE

    One critique I have of this level is that it uses a tremendous amount of colors. I understand that they're all sort of underneath the same general "tone", but if you want to do that many colors I think they will still clash and conflict with one another. I'd really recommend restricting texture colors to 2-3 colors at most in any given area. I think this way you'll get a generally complimentary color scheme.


    For instance, yellow sort of cautions trips, red bricks, and white snow. Etc. That's my big issue with this map running around it, you did a good job with the buildings and the geometry but the texturing is extremely noisy and there is no consistent theme to grab onto. If you can dramatically reduce the amount of noise on your textures and improve the lighting such that there is better readability, I think you'd get to a stronger visual.


    Do you think the new DE_train suffers from the same issue? It has the same sort of 'patchwork warehouses' theme with lots of different colours used.


    A lot of the textures used are almost pastels (with little noise or detailing) which I think helps it blend.

  • Japanese Themed Map [CS:GO]

    • Vaya
    • February 21, 2015 at 6:55 AM

    the map now consists of 15 subways.

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • Vaya
    • February 20, 2015 at 9:33 PM

    I've only been able to find it on that bandcamp link. $1CAD which isn't much at all.

  • CSGO Map Submissions open for the next operation!

    • Vaya
    • February 19, 2015 at 3:11 PM

    There was a couple complaints about optimisation for DE_resort during the playtest this week.


    Not sure how quickly this could get resolved (bsp is like 100mb +)


    I think there's a number of good contenders from here but it depends on valves theming and own intentions. They well be considering bringing back a couple successful past maps again .

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • Vaya
    • February 19, 2015 at 11:57 AM

    http://le-grand-huit.bandcamp.com/album/tour-de-…e-train-fant-me


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    French instrumental hiphop. Gud

  • De_Retrostation

    • Vaya
    • February 19, 2015 at 10:36 AM

    That looks great! will download and try it

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • Vaya
    • February 19, 2015 at 8:42 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Amon Tobin is dope!

  • CSGO Map Submissions open for the next operation!

    • Vaya
    • February 19, 2015 at 8:36 AM

    If anyone from here has any maps that are potentially operation-viable post them in this thread. More favourites and upvotes the better

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • Vaya
    • February 19, 2015 at 8:33 AM

    just added you. I have a private profile due to 'LOL 1400 hours and only MG2' type asshats

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • Vaya
    • February 18, 2015 at 4:26 PM

    The ranking on faceit seems to be used less for matching up though- faced a couple 'level 10' teams


    I'm easy though. I like playing with nice people.

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • Vaya
    • February 18, 2015 at 3:51 PM

    I like this idea a lot. Was fun playing with you before.


    Faceit over MM is always a good shout as it takes rank out of the equation.


    I have a teamspeak server we/whoever can use (10 slots so could be used for 5 vs 5 internal games)

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • February 18, 2015 at 3:04 PM

    I had to install cs:go on the work laptop to make a last minute change for the final after fnatic resigned.


    Got gold though

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • February 18, 2015 at 11:26 AM

    I'll be watching it on my second screen at work. Really looking forward to this one (qualifiers were great!)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™