1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • [CS:GO] de_carrier

    • Vaya
    • March 24, 2015 at 8:43 AM

    Looking forward to the playtest of this one tonight. De_acceleration was great fun to test.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Vaya
    • March 24, 2015 at 8:39 AM

    does it run hammer?

  • HotLine Miami II

    • Vaya
    • March 23, 2015 at 11:40 AM

    completed at the weekend- Overall I don't think it's nearly as good as the original- It seems that the developers were trying to add to the original to justify a sequel but every new mechanic detracts from the original gameplay. The soundtrack is sweet though.

  • [csgo] de_canal (wip)

    • Vaya
    • March 23, 2015 at 11:31 AM

    I'm going to hazard a guess that the mural is the bulk of the file size.

  • Recruiting for making best map ever

    • Vaya
    • March 23, 2015 at 8:32 AM

    I can fund this project. You take CSGO keys right?

  • [csgo] cs_cruise

    • Vaya
    • March 23, 2015 at 8:30 AM

    Are you going to park the ship at a port? The skybox (skybex? ) on workout was insanely good. Might be a missed trick if you put the ship in the middle of the sea.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • March 22, 2015 at 12:59 PM

    Won't it just make it more likely for you to get a good job offer on a project you ARE interested in later on?

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • March 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM

    Someone on reddit raised a good point. CBBL and overpass only started getting good after the majors and the pros started giving more feedback about them.

  • [csgo] cs_cruise

    • Vaya
    • March 21, 2015 at 3:26 PM
    Quote from Spherix

    Guess I could write a slot machine in vscript that spits out guns if you want

    or unpinned nades

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • March 21, 2015 at 9:22 AM

    I'm ok with them removing nuke. I can remember who said it but I agree the map would be quite a lot better if both spawn spots were brought 200-300 units forward- Still balanced but quicker to get into the action

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • March 19, 2015 at 4:19 PM

    That looks amazing. Some guy here is making a full MM map in a similar style - you should do a co-lab

  • CS_CALM

    • Vaya
    • March 18, 2015 at 2:37 PM

    how did the playtest go?

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • Vaya
    • March 18, 2015 at 1:19 PM

    jack will need to invite you by the looks of it.

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • Vaya
    • March 18, 2015 at 1:00 PM

    you've probably already been invited. check the globe up the top

  • HotLine Miami II

    • Vaya
    • March 18, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    Quote from JAL

    Yeah. I actually think this is kind of a flaw in the level design on some parts of the game.

    There's a lot of this "oh I died, apparently there's a dude with a shotgun at the end of this hall and it's impossible for me to see him. I guess I'll remember that next time."

    So the design is giving the player practically no other choice but to die for the first time and try again. This does cause some serious rage especially if it's the last enemy in the area

    I think the levels are bigger compared to the first game


    I did the 4 stage mission today where you use all the fans one by one. It seems the enemies have a longer line of sight than you most of the time. I don't remember this being an issue in the last game.


    Sadly the best method seems to be making a loud noise and then killing them all as they rush you (using a door as cover)

  • [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    • Vaya
    • March 17, 2015 at 3:27 PM

    Have you made a decision yet between derelict and a open opera house (as in still has performances)


    Last time I was on it it seemed a bit half and half

  • [CS:GO][WiP]de_hospital

    • Vaya
    • March 17, 2015 at 3:03 PM

    I'll try it out tonight

  • [CS:GO][WiP]de_hospital

    • Vaya
    • March 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM

    I would use lighter textures inside - I've never seen a dark hospital. Seems to be some long lines of sight too.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Vaya
    • March 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    I think Siberia V2s are one of, if not the most overrated, over priced headset going.


    That said, I hope you feel a difference as well. It'd be good to know what you think when you get them

    They seem pretty decent so fair (I was using them last night during those games on MM and the playtest). They most definitely have better sound quality than the siberia's and I can pinpoint areas sounds are coming from easier. I wouldn't use the 7.1 virtualisation though as it seems to just blend sounds more. You can be the judge of microphone quality.


    A little more heavy and uncomfortable than the siberias though, might need more time to get used to them.

  • HotLine Miami II

    • Vaya
    • March 16, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    Playing the first one for the first time. Goddamn it makes me giggle like an idiot. This game fucking owns.

    There's nothing quite like getting your face smashed in by the smash baseball bat on the 600th attempt. It's a difficult game at times but I never find it unfair or frustrating

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™