1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skibur

Posts by Skibur

  • The random model thread!

    • Skibur
    • August 19, 2014 at 12:39 AM
    Quote from MaK

    It's the monkey gun / mag charger!!!

    Yup! I added a few details, I'm trying to figure it out how to deal with the ammo clip (or battery in this case). It's a hassle that it doesn't fit in the case when sticking out.

    Still needs something to make it more appealing.

  • The random model thread!

    • Skibur
    • August 17, 2014 at 10:54 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NQKlmf0.png]


    Weapon based from a old game I used to love, before CryTek claimed the licensing :<


    Suggestion and feedbacks please (Before I start modeling the low poly)

  • totally random texture thread

    • Skibur
    • July 15, 2014 at 7:27 PM

    Made a optimized texture for a mobile game app.


    Turns out it seems to be a bit overkill when it comes down to color blend.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/sD3X6mQ.png]


    Here's the shader layout looks like;


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vw3IeFP.png]

  • Can i use python scripts in UNITY???

    • Skibur
    • July 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Haha using a python scripting system in unity is kind of weird given that mono/unityscript/boo is unitys scripting languages. And unityscript is probably even easier to learn from scratch.

    yo dawg, I head you like scripting languages so we put in a scripting language that compiles down to your scripting language that way you can script the script.

    Yeah that sounds retarded

    As if using Boo language wasn't hard enough...

    I'm primarly biases on C#, I do often read javascript, but blah, they're annoying to actually reference a class that aren't in the same language. E.g. trying to reference a post processing script with C#, when the script you are trying to reference is written in Javascript.


    I understand that everyone have their own personal language to use, but why Python? Isn't Python similar to Boo language?

  • SAMPA // A near-future sci-fi city in Unreal 4

    • Skibur
    • July 11, 2014 at 12:32 AM

    Why does this map oddly reassemble the same structure as it was used in Time Splitter: Future Perfect game?

    I remember Neo-toyko, I was wondering if anyone else would remember that <_<

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skibur
    • July 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM

    I made a CS:GO map awhile ago. Remade from Halo 3: Mythic II DLC pack. Got it finished and publish, but I haven't bother adding more design, since at the time I had other things to do. (Figured it'd be too late to update the changes)


    Might start another one soon.


    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=134805014

  • The random model thread!

    • Skibur
    • July 9, 2014 at 7:32 AM

    Made this today. Found a cool reference online and decided to model based on just a reference. Also, I haven't touched Maya in years, so I figured it was worth a try to use Maya instead of 3ds max.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LC0zbLd.png]


    Bonus point for those who knows where the model reference came from.

  • Starting modeling for cs:go

    • Skibur
    • July 8, 2014 at 4:59 AM

    I've used 3ds max with Shawn's plugin tools to help easily export models from 3ds max straight into Source (Without the coding of QC, thank god!)


    Honestly, any program that you can create something more than a quad faces will do the trick. It's only a matter of middleware tools that you have to watch out. You still have to do the research of finding the right tools to export your models for something Source can read and accept.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™