1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. TheDanAffair

Posts by TheDanAffair

  • [Fallout 4] Quincy Yacht Club

    • TheDanAffair
    • November 2, 2016 at 10:05 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    I was working on this for a while over the summer and forgot to share it here.

    As a native of Massachusetts I was really excited for FO4 to come out and explore places near me and my every day life. I wanted to recreate that same sorta thing by making a place that exists in real life and putting it into the game. So I found out about the Quincy Yacht Club and decided to make my take on what it would be like after the bombs dropped. Raiders have taken over the abandoned place that used to be full of lush and lavish socialites with big ideas and deep pockets. It's now reused by them as a proper gang hang out in the southern regions of the Commonwealth

    Here is an imgur album of some shots of the place and some comparison shots. I tried to get it as real-to-life as possible. It was fun trying to figure out how it was going to work and make it try and fit in there.

    I haven't submitted it as an official mod yet because I have some weird draw distance and render issues I want to fix and the AI pathing isn't perfect, but it's 100% done. Let me know what you guys think!

  • [CS:GO] [WIP] de_cmp

    • TheDanAffair
    • February 23, 2015 at 6:48 PM

    Yeah, this layout looks really interesting. I'm all about those core shapes and patterns that define maps because of how important they are and this one looks really cool and interesting. I'm reinstalling CS:GO right now so I can hopefully throw in some of my feelings on it later today.

  • What are some of the best editors to use today?

    • TheDanAffair
    • January 21, 2015 at 4:28 PM

    I've worked in plenty of editors, from the 3D to the 2D, proper engines/toolsets and simple level editors. My question to the community at large here is what are some of the best engines to make levels in that seem appealing to many people? I'm going to be working on a project over the next 6 months and I am flexible with engine so I would be interested in hearing some of the more competitive engines to construct a level or level(s) in in the future.

  • Dan Thomas - Level Designer

    • TheDanAffair
    • May 11, 2014 at 1:37 AM

    Thanks Antoine, really appreciate the concerns and feedback you gave! I've since cleaned a lot of your critiques up, still getting around to tidying up some aspects of it (I want a video walkthrough of both of my stages up in some form ideally, and working on better descriptions, mainly) but on the whole I'm a lot more pleased with it as it is now. I was a little confused with how annotated you suggested some of the work be. Is annotating the screenshots directly a preference, or letting the screenshots speak for themselves and the descriptions aid in that? I feel like going in and marking what's what for every screenshot could get cluttered and detract from displaying the core and actual content of my projects.


    Either way, thanks so much for the feedback! Constantly adding more to it and asking for more feedback if necessary/notable, but here is my next draft/iteration!


    http://thedanaffair.com/

  • Dan Thomas - Level Designer

    • TheDanAffair
    • April 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM

    Hi! Just joined mapcore after lurking a few weeks now, loving the community so far, glad to now be a part of it! I just updated my portfolio to more work that I've been doing recently since before it had only one piece on it, and would love to hear people tear it apart, anything they can think of I'd love to hear!


    http://thedanaffair.com/

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™