1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. SoundsFerg

Posts by SoundsFerg

  • [CSGO] de_contract

    • SoundsFerg
    • February 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM

    Wow this looks great. I'll try and get a 5v5 with some clan mates soon and come back when i can offer actual feedback haha.

  • Maya as a map editor

    • SoundsFerg
    • February 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM

    Wow ^^ Again thanks for the knowledge. I'm still trying to figure this out but I'll let you know what happens. I lack ANY experience with Maya so I think I'll look into to some of the resources available for that. I know I have the option to import/export an .obj in Maya, but when I try the object doesn't show up. I think I'm missing a very basic step. Maybe I'm using the wrong editor or don't have the correct settings selected. I thought it was a gonna be a simple import/export job but there's a lot going on in Maya and I should really start reading. Haha

  • [CS GO] de_medieval (wip)

    • SoundsFerg
    • February 25, 2014 at 12:35 AM

    Looks amazing. The layout looks awesome and the concept is super cool.

  • Maya as a map editor

    • SoundsFerg
    • February 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM

    I appreciate the post but the remake doesn't interest me much. There were some small alterations in the HD version that had a huge effect on gameplay. The game looks great but doesn't play as well as the original.

  • Maya as a map editor

    • SoundsFerg
    • February 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM

    Thanks for the welcome. And I'll post in the correct forum next time

    But Painkiller runs on its own engine (PAIN Engine).

    And in fact when I finally decided to figure this stuff out I found this link:

    And the only other source I found was a few snippets in this that Sigma linked me to: http://www.enterthegame.com/painkiller_chat.htm

    There are blog posts on a Painkiller fan website but they only go over using the PainEditor for modifying entities. From what I've found out I can use pretty much any editor to map for PK, but I would then need to import the .obj file into Maya. Beyond that, I'm lost.

  • Maya as a map editor

    • SoundsFerg
    • February 21, 2014 at 10:10 PM

    Thanks a bunch Sigma. I guess I'll look harder next time... Much appreciated though.

  • Maya as a map editor

    • SoundsFerg
    • February 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM

    Hey everyone. I just joined the forums after taking a beginner-level computer graphics class and would like to learn more, particularly in terms of map creation. I've experimented with SDK tools and the like and have a general knowledge of BSP editors, but recently discovered that some engines require maps to be made in modeling software. What I actually want to do is just make a basic map in a game called Painkiller. The game comes with an editor, but from what I understand it's only for editing the entities in existing maps, and to actually make structures from scratch, Maya (and apperently some sort of plugin) is required. The problem is that I can't find any documentation. The forums that might have had this information at one point are down and I can't find any proper proper place to start. I understand I'm being pretty vague, but I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction or at least explain how using modeling software to map differs from using a BSP editor.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™