1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. JediX

Posts by JediX

  • [CS GO] de_medieval (wip)

    • JediX
    • February 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM

    Hi,


    I have recently started playing CS Go and decided I would create my own map. I found some excellent tutorials on worldofleveldesign.com and they helped me to first plan then block out my map.


    I wanted to go for a medieval theme having grown up in a town that has a lot of medieval architecture that I could call upon easily for reference such as building, arches and bridges. I also wanted the map to feature a range of combat styles from long range to close quarters. I have tried to incorporate these aspects into my map.


    I have blocked out the buildings for the map but still need to add the placement of object such as crates and barrels; stuff that can be used to create cover and block off long range sniping shots.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/mGGXhgd.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/sy39BYr.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Z6yWgX8.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/wSXUcbC.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/epPsKlv.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JaS8Q4S.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ll4stMw.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5tiLTMv.jpg]


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    The map file is attached if anyone is interested in giving it a go. All feedback is appreciated.

    Cheers


    de_medieval_test.zip

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™