1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Disco_Potato

Posts by Disco_Potato

  • Portal 2: Abyss

    • Disco_Potato
    • January 30, 2014 at 5:16 AM

    Very impressive!

  • [CS:GO] ar_cubicle

    • Disco_Potato
    • January 24, 2014 at 4:05 AM

    Well I whipped up another little map and instead of shamelessly promoting it I figured I would just add it to this thread.

    If a mod wants to change the thread title to "[CS:GO] Disco Potato's Continuing Map Thread" I would greatly appreciate it.


    I wanted to learn to use displacements a little better but insipration for a map was in limited supply. So I created a variation of the old fy_iceworld map. I know its not super original, but I tried to make a visually interesting experience out of the super-simple layout.


    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/2014-01-21_00001_zps2f636406.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/2014-01-21_00010_zpsadf55ba6.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/2014-01-21_00012_zps844bbe9b.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/2014-01-21_00008_zpsf0c33f04.jpg]


    Workshop link:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=219452837

  • [CS:GO] ar_cubicle

    • Disco_Potato
    • January 20, 2014 at 3:32 PM

    Hey guys, Im new here. Ive been on and off mapping for years, but this is the first map I consider playable enough to put up on the workshop.


    Basically the idea was to create an arms race map that was symmetrical, like the Valve maps, but make it not look so symmetrical. One of the things I disslike about the Valve arms race maps is that they are litterally mirror imaged.

    Im hoping with enough testing I can balance the map so that it plays well. From there I will get into beautifying the map.


    Workshop link:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=217400040


    Pics:
    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/08_zps30afa9d2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/11_zps851b14a1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/12_zps5d0542c0.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/13_zps61507de5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/14_zpsd64475c1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/31337_tom/15_zps277da744.jpg]


    It needs a lot of work. I would really appreciate any feedback anybody can give me on what to fix.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™