1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. tomm

Posts by tomm

  • The Steam Sale Thread

    • tomm
    • December 25, 2015 at 9:33 PM

    yep spooky stuff, don't use the store now, you might get cached and served to other people and they could happily browse your account details.

  • Paragon (Epic Games)

    • tomm
    • December 22, 2015 at 4:27 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Kojima Productions rebooted

    • tomm
    • December 17, 2015 at 11:39 PM
    Quote

    The PC release will come sometime after the as-yet untitled game launches for PlayStation 4

    sauce

  • Paragon (Epic Games)

    • tomm
    • December 6, 2015 at 4:59 AM

    this actually looks really good, really really good.

  • How to break in the games industry - an insiders' guide

    • tomm
    • December 5, 2015 at 1:34 AM

    I'd say get rid of the "3D Artist" section, it's not very interesting + having a focused portfolio is always better(imo)

    and I assume you wanna do level design anyway.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • tomm
    • December 1, 2015 at 1:48 PM

    that workshop comment section tho

    [Blocked Image: http://img.pandawhale.com/108227-kevin-sorbo-disappointed-gif-I-izeO.gif]

  • What are you playing now?

    • tomm
    • November 26, 2015 at 12:52 PM

    Chaos reborn, this game is so well made.. yet there's only a few people playing it. The guy who designed the original xcom is behind it. It's a mixture of dark souls + xcom + heroes of might and magic. It's heavy RNG tho, so I guess that's why it's not for everyone.

    anyways, there's a demo on steam available, + it's 33% off atm.

    I suggest trying it out if you like turn based games.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tomm
    • November 25, 2015 at 11:20 AM

    that's how you fix bad readability

  • Some staff organisation changes

    • tomm
    • November 21, 2015 at 11:54 PM

    weird, this is what I see

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/m9IxKHc.jpg]

  • Some staff organisation changes

    • tomm
    • November 21, 2015 at 11:31 PM
    Quote from Bodd Jonar

    Off topic, but did you guys change something with the website, can't find a way to link certain comments anymore.

    in the top right corner is a button that gives you the link to the post, then you just paste it in your comment and it should automatically generate a link to the post, like so:

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • tomm
    • November 21, 2015 at 6:19 PM

    not being sarcastic, I felt like the map was rather clean overall.. which could be a good or bad thing, some people prefer cleanliness in maps.

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • tomm
    • November 21, 2015 at 9:18 AM

    I'd expect more blood, maybe even bloody footsteps leading the player's eyes to an important point in the map.

  • CSGO SDK -- best practices?

    • tomm
    • November 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM

    @blackdog by alternatives I mean git-fat or git-annex because dealing with huge repositories is really awkward. When it comes to GUI just use sourcetree, unless you're comfortable working with a command line/terminal.

    although I'm fairly new to git and binary files so maybe there's a better way to set things up.

  • CSGO SDK -- best practices?

    • tomm
    • November 18, 2015 at 9:30 PM

    I just recently started using version control(git) for all my custom stuff. It's not very ideal for source files since git has troubles with large binary files. There are some alternatives you can use to better handle binary files but I couldn't get any of those to work, so just went with default git setup.

    I'd definitely recommend using git for maps and instances, having a nice history of changes and being able to revert back any time is handy.

  • Favorite map in any game

    • tomm
    • November 18, 2015 at 12:00 PM

    do l4d campaigns count?

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3194/3044932990_161d9ec500_z.jpg]

  • Mapcore Emoticons.

    • tomm
    • November 15, 2015 at 12:05 AM

    what's wrong with :hurg::hurg::hurg2::dino::wtf::interseting::wtf::mario::banjo:

    but yeah there's a significant lack of turtles and skeletons.

  • CounterStrike - Clipping Texture

    • tomm
    • November 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM

    I think bots are ignoring player clip, they can often get stuck trying to get through.

  • Phong creation

    • tomm
    • November 4, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    Quote from Psyrius

    cause I can't find anything.

    search m8

    https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/topic/18696-cs…&comment=399452

  • (Help) Proportions of props as part of the playable area.

    • tomm
    • November 3, 2015 at 6:37 PM

    yeah, just export the brushes to .DXF, then import into your 3d package and use it as a guideline.

  • [WIP] de_bastion2 | de_bastion2 (Night)

    • tomm
    • November 3, 2015 at 1:29 PM

    night != dark

    your night version is too dark, you can do better. I think night maps should be lit pretty much the same as a daylight map, with just less intensity and a blueish tone. A nice moonlight could add up so much to the map's atmosphere.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™