1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ken0x

Posts by ken0x

  • [CS:GO] Bagra

    • ken0x
    • January 16, 2014 at 12:45 AM

    Dude i love the map! I was curious what skybox you used for it?

  • [CS:GO] de_hierophant

    • ken0x
    • December 18, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    Quote from misutow0lf

    I think I may investigate a more urban feel for it. Either way, I'll be not worrying about theme or any detailing until the layout is 100% solid.

    Cool man! Best of luck, btw any good websites you used on inspiration? Or just something that came out of your head? haha

  • [CS:GO] de_hierophant

    • ken0x
    • December 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    Quote from misutow0lf

    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am still pondering this map's overall theme but I think Aztec would be neat.

    I was also considering something like Italy or Inferno.

    I think an italy or inferno feel to it would work, mostly because of how you already have some of the indoor areas looking more like a urban environment, but if you think you can pull off an Aztec feel go for it, it would definitely be something different and if it works out something really cool to play! Good luck!

  • [CS:GO] de_hierophant

    • ken0x
    • December 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

    I don't know what it is about this map and its pictures but it's making me want to play it. I like the overall look of it and i can't wait to play it and provide feed back! Keep it up.

  • Source SDK tips?

    • ken0x
    • December 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    Quote from Squad

    Here are a few more interesting links:


    World Of Level Design: CS:GO How to Design Gameplay Map Layouts

    Ben's Small Bible of Realistic Multiplayer Level Design


    Both cover examples that either are about CSGO, or could be applied to it.


    Here's a forum post at Interlopers that has a few other articles that are probably worth checking out: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15171

    Display More

    Dude i really appreciate all the help you've given me! Thank you so much.

  • Source SDK tips?

    • ken0x
    • December 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM

    Thank you very much for your input KOLARI, much appreciated! I'll definitely look closer into what you had to say about the popular maps such as Dust 2 and Inferno.

  • Source SDK tips?

    • ken0x
    • December 4, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Quote from Squad

    It's not easy to explain what makes a good defusal layout for CS, but there are some basic guidelines you should follow.

    Take a look at de_cache, it's a great map and you can learn some things from its layout:


    Hey thanks man i appreciate the help!

  • Source SDK tips?

    • ken0x
    • December 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM

    Hello mapcore community,

    This is my first post so excuse me if i come across a little nervous when asking a question such as this. But I've recently been working very hard at becoming a level designer and i am able to grasp the concept of building, brushes, decals and so on. But i find the one thing i'm constantly struggling on is getting better at map layout and map flow. I feel that I have one part of the map like a bombsite or a spawn point done in my head, so i start working it out in Source but then seem to fall short on how i want the rest of the map to flow or even just end up looking. If anyone could help me out with either teaching me some tips and tricks on how to get a good map flow going that would be wonderful. Also if anyone could link a video or blog or something that can help me better understand on how i should be laying out my entire map and and getting inspiration to make a certain type of map that would be wonderful. Thanks very much for whoever reads this.

    P.S - I'm a huge Counter-Strike and Half:Life fan, so i'm usually building maps for one of those games.

    Thank you all for your time.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™