1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. MinorThreat

Posts by MinorThreat

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • February 2, 2016 at 11:55 AM
    Quote from jackophant

    @MinorThreat if you can post your overview I'll happily annotate it and write up some feedback

    Here is the overview:

    Quote from Vorontsov

    1) Clip shit, I found several places after the playtest ended that you could jump out of without even trying hard.

    2) Why is there a green tint to the map? Which was only enhanched by my digital vibrance settings.

    3) I forgot which site is which but I think B-Site is the one where you do long range engages. I think it's not as good of a site as A, if you get an awp and maybe a scar then it's not that hard to lock the site down. Weird corners that are mandatory to check while being too exposed to other locations.

    4) I remember some time I had no idea where the hell I got shot from, and apparently there is a stair where you can only see the head, and it didn't help that the place was pretty dark, don't know what the location is called, I wasn't a big fan of it.

    5) I got the impression that CT's can outmanuever T's pretty easy, it wasn't hard to flank and likewise it wasn't hard to easily get flanked and having no idea what the hell just happend.

    6) I found that the chokepoints were weird, but maybe that's just me.

    7) This is for your 3D Model(s). That train of yours looks great, very high in polygons which I think is not the end of the world but in that case you should be able to see it, you only see a part of it through the fence and don't get up close and personal with it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I also think the small rectangular segments in the toll model could be done with a texture, the polys are unecessary and bad optimization

    These are just my personal opinions off the top of my head, I might update this comment if I can think of something else.

    Display More

    There's a green tint to the map because I changed the environment light settings but didn't change it back. I didn't think it would be important because I'm just looking to get the layout right at the moment. What are the weird corners that you are talking about at B? Could you point out the areas where you think that the CTs could outmanoeuvre the Ts? I was planning on moving the train model to a place where it would be more visible, but it's not top on my list of priorities at the moment. I was also planning on replacing that part of the barrier with a texture like you suggested, but I'm just looking to get the layout right for now!

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • January 31, 2016 at 9:19 PM

    I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the map following the playtest we've just had? I know that there was lots of comments about lines of sight and hiding spots, and obviously there were areas that need to be clipped, but I was wondering whether people enjoyed playing it overall, and whether the general layout was good. It appeared to be a heavily CT-sided affair for the first half, but it seemed to be a lot more even in the second. I don't know whether that's due to people getting to learn the map or the terrorist side in the second half managing to overcome the bias of the map.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • January 25, 2016 at 6:44 PM
    Quote

    No, it's fine, I updated your submission.

    Okay, thanks.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • January 24, 2016 at 9:25 PM
    Quote

    Yepp, looks good to go, but the date is already full now. Wanna playtest on the 28th instead?

    Better make it the 31st, I can't do Thursdays. Would you like me to fill out another submission form?

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • January 24, 2016 at 6:49 PM
    Quote

    Just checked it, there is still custom content missing, the radar is the same as well. Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/YwPzs37.jpg

    I think that I must have forgotten to pack a curb model. I think that this one should work:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=607848272

    I've fixed the radar too.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • January 23, 2016 at 5:44 PM

    I've recently submitted my map, Docks, for playtesting. It was rejected because the custom content wasn't packed into the .bsp. I think I may have uploaded the wrong file and was wondering whether you could give it another try:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=606876470

  • de_Underground [WIP]

    • MinorThreat
    • November 3, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    Quote from Panda

    There will be an update soon. I'm just making a few last changes to the layout as well as the beginning of texturing. So I will be posting something when I think there is enough to see.

    If you like, I can send you the UV layout for those barriers as an image file to help you make the texture for it. I don't know what image editor you use, but with Gimp you can import these UV layouts as layers and use them as guidelines.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • September 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM

    Any word on tonight's playtest?

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • September 20, 2015 at 6:56 PM
    Quote from Tyker

    I noticed you're trying to make those plastic flaps for some doorways!
    I'm also trying to make those. First I used brushes, which work very well but look very ugly, then a model with jiggly bones but getting collision to work so they actually move out of the way of the player seems impossible.

    Do you have any idea how you will pursue those flaps? Or will you just have them in a static way so that don't move when walking through them?

    I'm not sure how I'm going to do the flaps to be honest. I'm not the most skilled modeller/texture artist, and to make ones with those kinds physics properties is a bit ambitious for me I think.

    Quote from text_fish

    Personally I think I would model the flaps with an opening, as if they'd been temporarily pinned back in some fashion.

    That sounds like a good solution. It would a save doing a lot of complex stuff that I know nothing about!

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • September 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM

    I see. Must have missed it.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • September 19, 2015 at 5:15 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    it's 8pm gmt. I bring a notepad and pen when I'm playtesting so I can note feedback and rough ideas of changes. @'RZL uploads a feedback txt file of submitted feedback during the playtest but not everyone submits to this. Some give feedback via voice chat etc and you might notice stuff yourself. It's also better to join the TS server as people use this as well as ingame.

    Not sure why it's hyperlinked all that but I'm too tired to try to fix it :P

    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll make sure to keep a notepad to hand to write things down. I'm not too familiar with TS, is there an IP address or something that I'll need to connect to the server?

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • MinorThreat
    • September 19, 2015 at 11:26 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've submitted my map, de_docks, for playtesting tomorrow. Just wanted to confirm what time it would be happening, and whether there was anything I needed to do in preparation for it? Look forward to seeing you there!

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • September 18, 2015 at 6:22 PM
    Quote from text_fish

    Oh yeah, a playtest is always wise!

    Yep, the models downloaded fine. They're all grey, but I'm assuming they're supposed to be at the moment. I didn't notice any custom textures TBH, but also no checkerboard or black surfaces so they must be in there somewhere.

    Yeah, just some temporary textures at the moment. There are a couple of custom textures in there- one of them is the main ramp at the CT spawn. Thanks for letting me know.

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • September 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    Quote from text_fish

    By bottleneck, I just mean any area where a player can expect to come across an enemy if both players are rushing, so this includes any corner or doorway within pretty much the top two thirds of the overview image.

    I think it would be worth playing around with turning the blue or yellow area in to a large atrium.

    Maybe once you've settled on a storyline (i.e. what's getting blown up?) a better name will follow. :)

    Okay. To be honest, I might see if I can get it playtested first before I make any major changes to the layout.

    As for the name, I think the bomb target's gonna be either munitions or nuclear waste, so maybe I'll come up with something along those lines.

    When you downloaded the map form the workshop did it run properly with all the custom models and textures? I made sure to pack the bsp with all the things I had made and it came in at about 40mb. I've just checked on the workshop now and it is less than 9mb... :???:

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • September 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM
    Quote from text_fish

    I mean pretty much the whole interior, to be honest. See red highlight below:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.text-fish.co.uk/mappingstuff/m…ks_anotated.png]

    As a T you can't push any of the bottlenecks without constantly worrying that you're about to be flanked, because there are so many passages and corners to check all the time. It's fine to have some element of fear if there's sufficient reward at the end, but the player at least has to feel like they can anticipate likely maneuvers, strats, rotates etc. so that they can form a coherent plan of attack. If I were you I would turn most of these corridors in to one large atrium with plenty of cover, so at least players can push in one direction and use nades to close off certain threats from a distance.

    Oh and I forgot to say, I hope the name de_docks is temporary because it's second only to de_warehouse in boringosity. :P

    I count only two bottlenecks within the area you've highlighted (I've marked them in orange). I can't really see what you mean about the problems with being flanked and corner-checking. I'm not sure how clear it is on the picture, but the choke point marked with the small orange circle is a ladder up to the room with the window (in case you didn't know). Were you suggesting that the blue, green, or yellow area becomes one large atrium? As for the name, it is temporary, just struggling to think of anything at the moment that isn't generic and hasn't already been taken.

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • September 15, 2015 at 10:51 PM
    Quote from text_fish

    Just had a run around with some bots. I like the exterior areas (with the exception of behind the trains, which you could stand to lose completely IMHO) but the interior feels overly complex, with far too many winding routes through which you can catch a glimpse of the enemy but may never see them again. I think think you need to get some directional decals up and clean up sightlines in the area Vaya just posted, then it will definitely benefit from a playtest.

    Thanks for the feedback! I had a feeling that the area behind the trains might be a contentious one. Having said that, I would like to at least try and make it work if possible. I had envisioned the whole side area as being the scene of a tactical stand-off of sorts, but perhaps the extra passage will ultimately prove to be a bit too much. Could you elaborate on what you mean about the complex interior? Which area are you referring to? Am I right in thinking that directional decals are ones which signpost the bombsites?

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • September 15, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/uploads/monthly_2015_09/2015-09-15_00015.thumb.jpg.4142b8e8b593aded344cf2210ae2cf8d.jpg]

    This shelving will lead to bitty/frustrating gun battles if it's in an area of conflict. Suggest filling the middle of it with plywood so players can't see through?

    At the moment I've just placed crates to block the sight line through to the other section of the warehouse. I was intending to fill the shelves to make it more of a solid wall. Maybe I should do that before submitting it for playtesting. Thanks for your feedback!

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • MinorThreat
    • September 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM

    I've been working on a bomb scenario map that is set at a dock. I think it's reached a point where it would be a good idea to playtest it before I go any further. Before I do that, I was wondering if anybody could provide any feedback on what I have made so far.

    Here's the link to the Workshop file:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=518771182

    ...And here's some screenshots:


  • CS:GO Demolition Map

    • MinorThreat
    • July 15, 2015 at 12:16 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    this isn't technically a demolition map, this is a normal defuse map. I can understand the semantics here, but these days "Demolition" would imply the single bombsite, weapon progression based on kills game mode currently part of CSGO.

    Seeing as you've edited your overlay, it would've been wise to remove everything that you can't actually stand on to make things clearer. You've also got a lot of very long lines of sight. Ct's can pratically stand on bombsite B and keep Ts away with sniping. That long flank around B is a deathtrap as well.

    I can't see how CTs can get into A either?

    Whoops! Didn't mean to put demolition, thanks for the heads up! Might have been a good idea to mark out the boxes too, I'll post another overlay. I haven't built all the cover for the flank around B yet; at this stage I just wanted to make sure that there was nothing fundamentally wrong with the layout itself. As for the entrance to A, I must have forgotten to mark the opening- it is visible in the 3rd picture.

  • CS:GO Demolition Map

    • MinorThreat
    • July 14, 2015 at 5:40 PM

    Here are some screenshots, I hope this gives you an idea of the layout:


Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™