1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. text_fish

Posts by text_fish

  • Level Design Help Files

    • text_fish
    • October 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

    I figured out that the material problem went back to Blender afterall. I'd missed a checkbox that overrides the Blender material name so the SMD was looking for a nonexistent material! StudioCompiler still comes up with the above error but it's just as easy (and probably more flexible) to use VTFEdit for that bit anyway.


    Thanks for the help Squad.

  • Level Design Help Files

    • text_fish
    • October 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM

    Thanks Squad, I gave that another go and managed to get the mesh in game, still got some issues with the material though. Does StudioCompiler ever give you an "Unable to Create TGA File" error when you do the material compile?

  • Level Design Help Files

    • text_fish
    • October 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM

    [HP], Blender isn't the issue here, but thanks for the input.

    Squad, I've got the SMD Tools and followed the instructions to export the necessary source files. I guess my issue is with how to then compile the model in to Source. Commandline tools like StudioMDL knock my confidence, and the graphical alternatives seem to be fixed up for older source games with different directory structures.

    Thanks for the ideas, but I guess I'll just continue to watch video tutes until I find one that clicks with my brain.

  • Level Design Help Files

    • text_fish
    • October 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM

    Hullo! Long time listener, first time caller here. Hope I'm posting in the right spot.

    Can anybody recommend a good tutorial for importing new props in to CS:GO from Blender? I've been modelling for some time so I've got that down, but I can't find an up to date tutorial on going from Blender to Source -- they all seem to rely on outdated/problematic third party tools or they're written for ancient source games.


    Cheers.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™