1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. nicoreda

Posts by nicoreda

  • [UE4] Korath: The Witcher Saga Inspired Environment

    • nicoreda
    • August 4, 2014 at 3:58 PM

    Awesome work, good job !

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • nicoreda
    • July 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM

    When I make a map, I do it for me, not for other mainly. I think the workshop sometimes, but it is not what makes me happy.

    But, It's really strange some very good maps are not on this operation (Marquis ? where are you ?)

  • Insurgency Mapping Contest

    • nicoreda
    • July 6, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Don't know if this cross promotion is allowed here but i just want to give a heads up to fellow source level designers that we have started a mapping contest for Insurgency. Ther's some cool prices and cash to win.


    Head over to gamebanana for more infos:


    http://gamebanana.com/contests/48


    Display More

    Yes but no, I like this game but I can't map on a game I don't know how to play. But thanks for your post ! Wait & see awesome maps for this awesome game.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • July 4, 2014 at 5:02 PM

    Unreal Engine 4

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • July 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM
    Quote from wareya

    Well, I'm making my first CS map. It looks something like this:

    http://i.imgur.com/fw18VnC.png

    Here's the only part that I've bothered to detail (because I'm almost positive it won't change from layout changes)

    http://i.imgur.com/VvdbvzX.jpg

    It's boring, yeah?

    Hehe, nice but, I see the middle is in interior ?

    Also, there is my picture of the day

    [Blocked Image: http://rekasdev.com/gallery/var/albums/Coland/Devblog-Pictures/Untitled.jpg?m=1404476504]

  • Materialing - Free Photoshop Material Painting

    • nicoreda
    • June 30, 2014 at 4:39 AM

    Really awesome guy, nice work !

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • June 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM
    Quote from FerdTheNerd

    Hello all,


    Wanted to share a small UDK environment I've been working on. Its still work-in-progress at the moment. It's called 'Hôtel Le Papillon Rouge' (The Red Butterfly Hotel) it is a fictional Hotel set in 30's Paris. The name is play off 'The Moulin Rouge'

    Its not a full playable level, I built this as more of a art test to see how far I could push myself visually. Be great to get some feedback and see what people think.


    You can't see in the photo's but the main rooftop sign does flicker, with the 'O' flickering on and off.


    Plans for the future:

    - add ground floor to the main hotel building (large arched windows/doors)

    - add shop-fronts and other building types to create variety

    - add props, lots more props (wires, pipes/gutters, dustbins etc)

    - Work on a grand entrance to the hotel (Large ornate doors, balcony, stone sculptures, flora etc)

    - Parallax Windows

    - Add curvature to the street, I feel its too straight at the moment

    - Work on a better distant cityscape silhouette


    Anything more you think I should add/change? Still definitely a WIP so will be working on it more and more.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/iSZHSNq.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3cyZnj4.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KDryEmJ.png]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Vtwoamk.png]

    Display More

    Yay excellent ! Can you show your modular content ? I really want to look how you done this.


    gotcha Hey cool, I want to see more also

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • June 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM

    (Post about csgo)

    Hey, making some trick to get a working -tools. I don't post how for now, I'm waiting -tools are only available in -insecure mode (to prevent cheat with material system).

    Be cause I have much screenshots, I post it with a link (no preview).

    Lightmapped phong http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=275160824

    Working shaders http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=276655145

    Reflection from player view with RenderRT and blob shader http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=276634683

    RT from $bumpmap on lightmappedgeneric http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=276683518

    Working material editor with -tools, shader list:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvi21nut4o5r…%2022.47.41.png

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0hpddck2pce…%2022.47.42.png

    Using render target: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6qxjyqsaasa…%2021.50.38.png

    And, that why I don't post the tools for now https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo0w4qmwtbml…%2020.50.15.png

    edit: Oh wait, tools are available directly on csgo sdk...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • June 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM
    Quote from TopHATTwaffle

    How did you get the little cuebmap spheres?

    Hey, I've coded a plugin for csgo that it look all cubemap in a sphere cubemap can be disabled or enabled in game.

    Just a func_instance with sphere + cubemap in it :3

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • May 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    Quote from 3Dnj

    Please do this ^^


    [Blocked Image: http://josephine-demontis.monipag.com/files/Natural-History-Museum-Attractions-in-London.jpeg]

    Omg the reference ! Merci !

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • May 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM

    Progressing my gungame map, remaked the part I've created, and changed some dimensions.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/06JX620.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/8qKy9JG.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Tjlvw1y.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] de_binnenhof

    • nicoreda
    • May 19, 2014 at 9:02 PM

    Hey, nice work guy !

    I like how the map look open.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • May 18, 2014 at 7:33 PM

    Hey ! I don't know if I've posted on mapcore before, so Hello every one! I'm nicoreda I've been following mapcore for months (watching you work), and I really like it. Now, I think it is the time for me to post in this thread. This wip is a future GunGame map for Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I started de_townda but... Now, I don't like bomb map creation anymore (really hard to make a good gameplay / design), this is why I'm making a Gungame map. The environnement takes place in something like a minster (ruined and fantasy-style). I'd like to show you only those images (still WiP).

    Note: There are some reflectives spheres on my screenshots, I've made this to see how cubemaps are working , and for a future shader.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/SpeHmuR.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YiNDWLI.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BVTTmXs.jpg]

  • Agency models/materials

    • nicoreda
    • September 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM

    Okay thanks

  • Agency models/materials

    • nicoreda
    • September 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM

    Hi, big impressive content ! I'm not looking for using content, but I look how you have done these textures. What are you using for baking normalmap ? I use Crazybump but your work is like ndo2 no ? Thanks for your impressive work ! I playet it with a friend, in max settings it just look awesome (probably for some reflexion on textures).

  • CS:GO - de_print

    • nicoreda
    • August 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    Maybe it's the video encoding, but at normal speed seems to be stuttering. Wip?

    Very interesting btw, it's subtle but it will deffo give more depth.

    Hi, at normal speed is really smooth, probably because of 24fps Youtube ^^

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™