1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. nicoreda

Posts by nicoreda

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • June 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM

    Did you make only one wall green like this ? if true, you can try make a func_reflective_glass

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • June 22, 2015 at 6:16 PM

    Working on a bomb map, I start the brushwork. Layout look almost dust + nuke, more in few weeks !

    ct spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/p5DFHY8.jpg]

    A/B Way

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LWfOvEu.jpg]

    Middle (on the right, so it's "midright" ? :D)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/OC9ysFE.jpg]

    CT to B

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WxydH6v.jpg]

    Mid to B Connector from short

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UiYDKod.jpg]

    The ladder from middle

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/42g9RbT.jpg]


    I don't know why I have this skybox on the csgo files,maybe it's from Rails I don't know. I will change it later, but it currently help me for night style !

  • Mapcore June 1 Announcement

    • nicoreda
    • June 1, 2015 at 11:09 AM

    This is what can be happen:

    • Cs:go tutorial series
    • Community game/map making
  • CS:GO phong on world surfaces

    • nicoreda
    • April 30, 2015 at 10:08 PM
    Quote from TheGuma

    Oh! Can you tell me how do you make your custom cubemap ?


    I drew the sun on a spherical map of the sky and made the background black in Photoshop like this: http://i.imgur.com/jCvEfS8.pngThen I used HDRshop to convert it to hdr and cubemap format, added it on top of the skybox in Photoshop and changed the exposure +4. The images should be in this arrangement http://i.imgur.com/pa7lnGk.jpg  except mirrored vertical.

    I saved the image as .pfm (it has to end with _hdr) and used vtex to convert it to cubemap with

    cubemap 1

    pfm 1

    pfmscale 1

    nocompress 1

    Then you just add in in the vmt as $envmap "cubemaps/file_hdr"


    Wow, thank you! I was looking for a way to do that.

    I guess the reflections would look better if I would make them blurry manually for every cubemap

    (I'd rather have blur than pixelated cubemaps).

    Is it possible to increase the resolution of a cubemap?


    thanks yanzl.

    http://i.imgur.com/I6FBgDD.jpg

    512x512 per image here, made using cfg that "screenshot" and "setangle" 6 times

    then you can use amd cubemapgen

  • CS:GO phong on world surfaces

    • nicoreda
    • April 30, 2015 at 4:42 PM
    Quote from Yanzl

    Well the water is not actually the new phong. It's the normal water shader with a custom cubemap.

    Oh! Can you tell me how do you make your custom cubemap ?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • April 30, 2015 at 1:34 PM
    Quote from CorentinF

    Hi ! I'm new here


    I'm currently working on a game, here's a foliage & lighting test. Everything is moving with wind ^^


    Grass is supposed to receive light from the sun but for some weird reason I have to desactivate it

    It's on source engine btw.


    [Blocked Image: http://img110.xooimage.com/files/b/5/b/nag_village0005-4b048fa.jpg]

    Display More

    Corentin <3 Why it look sharpen at the distance ?

  • CS:GO phong on world surfaces

    • nicoreda
    • April 30, 2015 at 12:21 PM
    Quote from Single

    There are some other parameters in the hr_train .vmfs that I haven't seen before as well, like $envmapanisotropy, $envmapanisotropyscale, and $envmaplightscale, perhaps more.


    Are these new as well? Does anyone know the parameter space? There doesn't appear to be any documentation on the web, but from my testing they definitely have an effect (can post screenshots tomorrow if need be).


    Quote from nicoreda

    New test:

    1 bumpmap

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…AE1BE7E947A309/

    2 Bumpmap

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…9618099EA632BD/

    2 Bumpmap Lowered the second scale

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…9EE1B8AE98537D/


    $envmapanisotropy 1

    scale 0

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…7A44D5BE13F5C5/


    scale 1

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…8C0A8DE69608EF/

    Display More

    lightscale is to change where envmap will do effect. I think it use hdr but I'm really not sure.http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…709C3078356834/http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…D002F85B9824F8/ By the way all my screens here http://steamcommunity.com/id/nicoreda2/screenshots/

  • CS:GO phong on world surfaces

    • nicoreda
    • April 29, 2015 at 9:27 PM
    Quote from Skybex

    A few bits I did testing it out. The wood also uses world reflections so it is definitely possible. And I added phong to the carpet to see if it would reflect other lights and it does not. Seems it will only reflect the environment light.


    http://i.imgur.com/X4KhzvF.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/87CiHVN.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/H7Azo6U.jpg


    Do you have any example pics of this? I tried to look it up when I heard about it but couldn't really find anything.

    Display More

    with -staticproplighting and moonlight tf2 prop

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…77C2A8DA1EC156/

    here it look weird, but imagine if you can make modular content on source

  • CS:GO phong on world surfaces

    • nicoreda
    • April 29, 2015 at 7:45 PM

    Volvo, please now add tf2 lightmap on models ;(

  • CS:GO phong on world surfaces

    • nicoreda
    • April 29, 2015 at 4:15 PM
    Quote from Skybex

    How did you get CSGO's tools mode working? I thought it has been broken since release

    add -nop4 before -tools -console

    and in console, type "toolload vmt"

  • CS:GO phong on world surfaces

    • nicoreda
    • April 29, 2015 at 1:23 PM

    New test:

    1 bumpmap

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…AE1BE7E947A309/

    2 Bumpmap

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…9618099EA632BD/

    2 Bumpmap Lowered the second scale

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…9EE1B8AE98537D/


    $envmapanisotropy 1

    scale 0

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…7A44D5BE13F5C5/


    scale 1

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/7141620562…8C0A8DE69608EF/

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • nicoreda
    • February 4, 2015 at 8:48 AM

    Oh my god.. Just re-discovered the first bomb map I've made some years before, in my mediafire account... :s

    [Blocked Image: http://img110.xooimage.com/files/5/2/1/untitled-49c5677.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • nicoreda
    • November 22, 2014 at 7:00 PM

    Catfood, when do you stop mapping ?! Every 4~ months and you release a new project ! I love you, good luck, I subscribe and I test it later.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • November 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM

    Some Map progressing.

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/543010758932573326/39E1FEB08F712AA95D7701875FCAD853379C1BD9/][Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/543010758932574538/4C88B525D9931DA9B224BD37E7FCE9F2DF55C120/]

  • Microbrush 3 (brush modeler for HL2)

    • nicoreda
    • November 11, 2014 at 3:32 AM

    Just tried it. GOOD job, just working very well with current features, it's a very good tool for brush work, thanks !

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • October 8, 2014 at 7:24 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img110.xooimage.com/files/9/a/2/untitled-47ff107.jpg]Some wip here

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • September 17, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    Quote from Deh0lise

    {"$basetexture" "nicoreda/brickwall1_pa" }Basetexture have: RGB + Alpha = Diffuse + Heightmap [Blocked Image: http://img110.xooimage.com/files/6/9/4/untitled-477ab01.jpg] If I may link: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php…=1#post45897957

    I tested it but it is unlit... It may be useful in some walls, playing with diffuse color to fake it, but It is not suited to every situation.


    Searching in the VDC I've found this about parallax https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Parallax_mapping, and it says it should work as lightmappedgeneric, but it actually doesn't, at least not with detail & specular maps.


    It is an interesting feature, but I'm not using it by now..


    EDIT: There is a mod that does a good parallax mapping right, I've found this link: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13380 not build into CSGO though


    I don't know what to say, you have all I writed on the facepunch topic.

    With some tricks you can get that I've got http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/5396261894…2BEA4BF66D4EE7/

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • September 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM

    Quake 3 / Live !? Wow It's just, awesome/////

    Edit: Doom 3, seen the screen at the right

  • SAMPA // A near-future sci-fi city in Unreal 4

    • nicoreda
    • August 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM

    Nice job. Well done.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • nicoreda
    • August 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM

    Old video about old mod, with panels.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Never released map

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™