1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. nicoreda

Posts by nicoreda

  • Tundra [WIP]

    • nicoreda
    • February 10, 2025 at 9:29 PM
    Quote from T-Rexer

    5 hours ago, T-Rexer said: great job! i am a big fan of this, even though its clearly not entirely done yet, the artic theme is done better than any map before imo

    Thanks and thanks for the feedbacks on your sheet! We hope to make it better for Stage3!

  • Tundra [WIP]

    • nicoreda
    • February 10, 2025 at 2:16 PM

  • [CS:GO] Shore

    • nicoreda
    • April 11, 2023 at 7:52 PM

    That look so damn good ! I love it !

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • June 25, 2016 at 4:29 PM

    Working on a World At War map (Borred about Cs:go) Sorry for the bad mapping, first time in radiant I'm looking of everything is woking in this engine !

    Textures done myself

    [Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/pHLTk/0116d7ebdc.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/pHLSt/7d0b422d6a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/pHLRJ/d32946197a.jpg]

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • nicoreda
    • January 2, 2016 at 10:52 AM
    Quote from Tyker

    What do you mean exactly? Is it the colour? Resolution? Trims or tiles? Which textures? And where?

    It was in the first topic page, using doors to make walls ^^

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • nicoreda
    • January 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM

    Hey, I don't really like textures you used, but in global it look really good ! :D

  • Blender

    • nicoreda
    • December 27, 2015 at 7:46 PM

    I use blender since 2.49a, so far the software has involed during the time. I tried 3dsmax, maya, but I'm always turning back to Blender, because shorcuts, the way to use, is so different it's hard to try another tools.

    I would recommend to use http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/ to make ivy and other things, but it's not the best for making low poly foliages.

    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/4495849610…87C10A7243CC07/

    Baking branches high to low, using planar branches (got textures on textures.com) can be a good idea.

    Edit: you can add some addons in blender, check in "add curves" the addon "Sapling" and "IvyGen" it can be a good start

    Sapling:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hY0E81S.png]

    and IvyGen from blender

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jqOSx2k.png]

  • Which old, official CS map remade you want to see in CS:GO?

    • nicoreda
    • December 3, 2015 at 10:38 PM

    Prodigy, the best map of cs:s for me

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • December 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM
    Quote from TheGuma

    While it is not a bad idea, Source is also good at handling displacements and brushes on its own as long as you know what you're doing.

    Of course, props are more efficient when it comes to very detailed subtle things such as windows, trims, corners, props and other details, but I don't think making the whole map out of them is a great idea.

    Some things such as penetration, different graphic cards handling the map and collisions come into mind.

    For example, the ground in the screenshot outside could be easily replaced with displacements, and to make it look just as good you could have a good texture on it.

    There's a new feature that allows you to use Phong on non-model surfaces, so you could experiment with that too.

    Just some of my thoughts, the screenshots look superb, it doesn't even look like Source engine!

    Display More

    Currently I got this http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/4034333470…A99658B5F761E1/ (not as screenshot to not spam forum about my content) I set the floor as displacement here.

    I know it's bad on source making entirely model, because there is no vis, so you have to cut with brush manually every pieces, so you have bsp behind models etc... I really hope Source 2 for cs:go will fix this issue.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • December 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM
    Quote from Tensei

    Well, why don't you take a bit more time and make the whole cave a single model. Well i don't know much about modeling, and i don't know how will engine react to whole area being as model, but i know that few games levels are literally made from models

    Making bigger parts... yes but not entirely. I'm scared about the lighting on this engine with models, I really don't know for now. I'm in a state of making an "asset store" (I don't know the name in english, but making all models I need to make a map with them).

    I have made this level http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=135458640 using a lot of single part models, without performances problem on a GTS 250, so I think it's not necessary, well I'll see, thanks for the feedback :)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • December 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM
    Quote from Tensei

    If it all is made of group of small models, won't it impact performance ?

    Yeah I think it can impact performances but I'm not sure if it's only in hammer or also ingame. I have to check that, but it's possible since it do bad perf with multiple prop_static of grass.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • December 2, 2015 at 2:59 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/403432783363591008/EBD1A98FFD6BB18251F0131009F8B68A670D8857/]

    Tried outside

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • December 1, 2015 at 2:04 AM
    Quote from Squad

    I think it looks better than you think it does

    Is it just one model you're using or are there a few variations?

    Only the one of the first screenshot :)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • December 1, 2015 at 12:51 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ru6CD6i.png]

    Soo I tried to do something fun with this little rock...

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/403432783358051704/35DE39D11340205B07B2D285CB714D23170EB1F1/]

    Even it don't look good, it was funny to do this :lol:

    This is for a remake of my old de_chanda

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • September 25, 2015 at 9:33 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/431574499133488419/553F724BC80371C623DEC1416CAB3AC72FEC1568/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1470776377128059143/8F31FEB32A303BA4A7A722254DF2D77640F1FE8F/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/449584961008328299/DF912345AFE9847342851F855E9E05A86484A167/]

    I hope I will finish this level :|

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • August 10, 2015 at 8:10 PM

    Working on my level named "disctrict 45" for CS:GO.

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/449584961007255395/3497607135738F0B490E711A5C25B9B7654A4696/]

  • Found Logical on valve hammer editor !

    • nicoreda
    • July 23, 2015 at 11:25 PM

    I've done easier things using this view

    dd

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    You really understand what are you doing in your system

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LVHYk6l.png]

  • Found Logical on valve hammer editor !

    • nicoreda
    • July 23, 2015 at 3:14 AM

    Hey ! I don't know if someone know that, hammer has logical for entities, like a hud to view how your entities are working, it's not real time preview, but you can see how are linked your entities.

    Result:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/y6Qv2nZ.png]


    but, how to get that ? Easy !

    open regedit, search HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Valve/Hammer/Splitter

    Then you have "drawtype0,0" "drawtype0,1" "drawtype1,0" "drawtype1,1"

    0,0 is camera view, 0,1 is top, 1,0 is side, 1,1 is front

    Then you have 4 views to change, you can change what you want.

    For this test, use 1,1

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ymc4QgY.png]

    Then you can start hammer, select one map exist, you will see the magic !

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/lknoP7q.png]

    It do not look like this at start, you have to move entities etc.

    To get the grid, save your vmf, open it with text editor, search the text "bShowLogicalGrid" change the "0" to "1" and load your map.

    It's glitchy, it can go black everytime.

    Et voila !

    Edit: You can try 11 and 12 disabled on csgo, it's light preview

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • July 5, 2015 at 8:24 AM

    Progressing Progress

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/450707476760135463/9E65ABCE1D264DEB053FF40A55FCD1A312BF0A58/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/450707476760136068/836EF69027A1107B35DE8643882CCF77B20D846E/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/450707476760129350/C08CA2EA640A339E9D9E9B27B33A00FD532604AC/]

    [Blocked Image: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/450707476759674797/55FF2C6C8B0D898D2F0C054A74D0E8CF550A7186/]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MG6Oxjq.jpg]

    Still wip and no detailled, but there is no screens since 28 june so...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • nicoreda
    • June 26, 2015 at 1:31 AM

    Brushwork ended.

    CT Spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/7Z0s9sU.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™