1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Dr. Spud

Posts by Dr. Spud

  • The random model thread!

    • Dr. Spud
    • November 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/pu5RCyNl.jpg]


    Did another pass on the leaves. They're still a bit pixely and hard to see the branches underneath, but I think it's better. I'm not sure what else to do to them.


    Also have cards to fill out the background now.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dr. Spud
    • November 9, 2013 at 12:02 AM

    Working on spruce trees for a cs:go map:


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Elsp28Y.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/6Yt4nAL.jpg]


    More

    http://i.imgur.com/G520AuL.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/fhai1u8.jpg

  • Andrew Thompson - Level/Game Design

    • Dr. Spud
    • October 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

    Hello! I've been around Source communities for a while, and recently discovered mapcore. I have a new portfolio that I've put together with my level design and game development work. What do you think? Any feedback is appreciated!


    http://www.drspudmods.com

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Dr. Spud
    • August 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

    Does cs_agency have a thread? Oh well I'll post here. The map is gorgeous and pretty fun.


    I don't like the right-side path on CT side. With the balconies on either end and the 2 tight doorways on CT side. There are two big issues: 1) Ts have a number of safe camp spots and only have to watch 1 entrance. And 2) the connector from mid into that area isn't a viable flank route for CTs, so the Ts don't have to worry about being flanked. The CT balcony is also fairly worthless because it doesn't give a new angle on the camping Ts.


    My suggestion is to consider making a CT route through mid that connects to the CT balcony on the right-side path. This would be a relatively risky flank route for CTs, and also function as a "plan B" for CTs that take the right-side path and want to rotate. The way I drew it below also extends the CT balcony to get an angle on campers below.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/rvXHfahl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/IsM3ek3l.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™