1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. esspho

Posts by esspho

  • [CSGO] de_Aurora (WiP feedback thread)

    • esspho
    • January 8, 2017 at 10:24 PM

    Looks allready pretty epic. I like your skybox - especially that aurora

    Does the name come from that or is the name of the base itself aurora?

    Can you post an overview?

  • What movie is this?

    • esspho
    • January 8, 2017 at 10:19 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    8 hours ago, blackdog said: Don't understand where Running Man comes from? O.o

    Quote from Sprony

    On 1.1.2017 at 8:45 PM, Sprony said: So fitting right now:

    [Blocked Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgptmicWkAAKiMs.jpg]

    I thought that Sprony's post had been slipped. It's the intro to The Running Man (with Schwarzenegger after a story by S. King).

  • What movie is this?

    • esspho
    • January 8, 2017 at 2:05 PM

    Correct. It's ' The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou'. That was an easy one I guess. You gotta love Bill Murray.

    It's @blackdog's turn now.

  • What movie is this?

    • esspho
    • January 8, 2017 at 2:03 AM
    Quote from Sprony

    58 minutes ago, Sprony said: No and yes, it's the Running Man. Go ahead!

    So here it is:

  • What movie is this?

    • esspho
    • January 7, 2017 at 11:44 PM

    @Sprony So did anyone say Running Man?

  • [CS:GO]de_anchor (wip)

    • esspho
    • January 7, 2017 at 5:19 PM

    Thanks for the info. I'm not commited to that name - i chose it because radio and radiotower where allready taken in the Workshop.

  • [CS:GO]de_anchor (wip)

    • esspho
    • January 7, 2017 at 12:45 PM

    A belated happy new year everyone!

    During the holidays I've been putting together some ideas I had laying around for some time:

    Terrorists are trying to bring down a radio tower by destroying the wires holding it. They allready took one out (t-start) and just need to cut one more.

    The tower is standing on the remains of a historic fort in a mediterranian environment. Transmit is just a working title.


    I'm looking for feedback on the layout and scenario before playtesting.

    Workshop


  • Merry Christmas

    • esspho
    • December 26, 2016 at 1:35 AM

    Merry Christmas.

  • Genital Jousting

    • esspho
    • December 19, 2016 at 10:36 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://m.memegen.com/nhmsbn.jpg]

    looks fun though

  • Hey mapcore, what's your "comfort" game?

    • esspho
    • December 13, 2016 at 11:07 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.gamingupdate.com/images/newsimages/1301326664-firstdetailsonresidenteviloperationraccooncity.jpg]

    usually around christmas

  • Having trouble finding studiomdl or any mdl files

    • esspho
    • December 3, 2016 at 12:27 PM

    The game's stock-models are stored in container-files (*.gcf). The SDK-tools can read those. If you want to access your model-files directly you would have to extract them from the gcf. But you dont need to do that it you just want to use a model in a map.

    Your studiomdl should be in a subdirectory "bin". If you havn't allready you should check out vdc. There is also an article on making models in Blender.

    I hope this helps a little.

  • Mapcore Introductions Thread

    • esspho
    • September 22, 2016 at 1:45 PM

    Welcome to the core.

  • [CSGO] Multi-level radar problem. (solved)

    • esspho
    • March 16, 2016 at 10:28 PM

    so did packing the radar images with pakrat solve the problem?

  • Russian Reality Counter-Strike: Global Offensive map pack

    • esspho
    • March 13, 2016 at 11:44 PM

    I used to love buzzerman's maps so much back in the days. those ports look great.:-D

  • csgo de-map wip

    • esspho
    • March 2, 2016 at 10:40 PM
    Quote from baem123

    Best feedback that I've seen in this forum so far!

    @JustFredrik Thanks for taking your time to do this! I really like your changes and can picture most of them. I'm not sure about the shortened t-spawn though but who knows. I'd really like to have a playtest on the current layout and then work with that.

    Thanks again.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • esspho
    • March 2, 2016 at 10:04 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    I felt really indifferent to this film... I wouldn't ever say it was bad, but it just missed the mark for me! I am getting quite tired of the convenience of "happening upon someone in the entire American wilderness"

    Maybe I'm just too hard to please :?

    I feel about the same about this movie. The end was also pretty anticlimactic in my opinion.

  • My Advanced Hammer YouTube Tutorial Series (Episode 8 RELEASED: Packing Textures/Models into the BSP)

    • esspho
    • March 2, 2016 at 3:27 PM

    did you try guistudiomdl?

    http://www.wunderboy.org/apps/guistudiomdl2.php

    I honestly don't think that the studiomdl.exe is corrupted but it should be replaced if you validate the game / sdk via steam.

  • My Advanced Hammer YouTube Tutorial Series (Episode 8 RELEASED: Packing Textures/Models into the BSP)

    • esspho
    • March 2, 2016 at 2:56 PM

    try this maybe:

    $body body "Radarkugel.smd"


    here is a qc-file that i use and that works fine:

    $modelname "custom\ts_warehouse_tabletop.mdl"
    $body mybody "ts_warehouse_tabletop_ref.smd"
    $staticprop
    $surfaceprop wood
    $cdmaterials "models\custom"

    $sequence idle "ts_warehouse_tabletop_ref.smd"

    $collisionmodel "ts_warehouse_tabletop_phys.smd"
    {
    $mass 3000
    $concave
    }

  • My Advanced Hammer YouTube Tutorial Series (Episode 8 RELEASED: Packing Textures/Models into the BSP)

    • esspho
    • March 2, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    Quote from Freaky_Banana

    Ok, now I understand . Thank you nevertheless even though it didn't solve the problem. One thing I should probably mention though, is that when I tried the english pathing names ("Program Files (x86)") it didn't show me the error of not knowing the paths but simply did nothing at all. I would guess it has to be the code therefore. But I checked that five times plus. So it's hard to believe I missed something. Anyways I'll post it in here:

    $modelname "de_oakwood/Radarkugel.mdl"
    $model "Body" "Radarkugel.smd"

    $staticprop
    $cdmaterials "models/de_oakwood/"
    $surfaceprop "Radarkugel"

    $sequence "idle" "Radarkugel.smd"
    $collisionmodel "Radarkugel.smd" { $concave }

    you are supposed to have only one pair of "" per line (if any).

  • csgo de-map wip

    • esspho
    • March 1, 2016 at 12:34 AM

    Hi there!

    I'd like to share a layout that's in the making.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JpKRMfn.png]


    I feel that my last map didn't make so well layout-wise so this is somewhat a new approach on the same theme - being loosely based around a mining facilty.

    Therefore I'll reuse some of the materials and props that I allready have. I've yet only tested the map with a friend but I think it could work. Don't mind the workingtitle - I simply couldn't decide yet. I will try to get in queue for a playtest soon and I'm excited for any feedback.

    workshop

    imgur-album

    cheers!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™