I'd like to have mine playtested as well while it's still mostly dev textures. Before I start going into too much more detail.
Looking forward to seeing FMPONE's new map!
I'd like to have mine playtested as well while it's still mostly dev textures. Before I start going into too much more detail.
Looking forward to seeing FMPONE's new map!
The FONT is called AddElectricCity. I can't remember where I found it online, you can probably just Google find it pretty quick.
@ tr0nic
Ya, I've been looking at it a lot and have started bsp'ing it out. There isn't a lot of routes, but it does feel somewhat confusing. I'm thinking of moving T spawn to the right and back slightly. I'm also thinking of getting rid of the ramp down to mid right in front of T spawn and moving the one from mid to B in the lower right down slightly. This would get rid of one more route and would centralize things better on the T side of the map.
On the point of CT rotation, I wanted it to be different than regular figure 8 layouts where there are routes to everywhere from mid basically. Bombsite B is kind of like de_inferno in how that it can only be reached from banana and CT spawn, mine can only be reached through CT spawn and T's path to B.
My layouts also usually end up looking like a 5 year old's drawing. My first couple of versions of this were mostly hastily drawn out on paper a few times and then a bit more thought out on grid. I felt though that with that hastiness, the layout wasn't as thought out and I didn't feel as committed to the project. So I decided to slow it down and do it in Photoshop. It took me a lot longer to do, but I feel that this version is much better and was worth the time.
Here is a picture with the routes highlighted in red, The route changes that I mentioned above for T are the blue lines, and the blue circles are the expected CT defense spots. One CT covers top A, one lower. One covers mid (he has view of the bridge [darker red line over mid] as well and can call/cover that too). One CT covers the tunnel and boost (darker red line) at lower B and one covers upper. Rotating from A to B may take longer, but the paths are much wider to get there, allowing for an easier take. Rotating from B to A there are more paths/entrances, but they all have narrower paths which are easier to defend.
[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon_overview_routes.jpg]
I felt like I rushed my previous version of my map. I decided to sit down all day and rework it. I wasn't happy with how it was previously, so I came up with this. I fell much better about this version as the slightly flood areas that are part of the theme are incorporated more, and the areas are more defined.
[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon_overview.jpg]
Hey everyone! First post here. Wanted to get your opinion on a new map for CSGO I've started working on. Got the layout done and bsp'd it out really quick.
I wanted to make a competitive map and hope to accomplish that with this one, de_monsoon. The idea behind the map is that it is during a monsoon on a south Pacific island, there is rain coming down like in de_aztec - the visibility is still high though. There is also thunder every 20-30 seconds.
There would be buildings like in de_dust2 in a southeastern Pacific theme all around the map. There would also be a ton of foliage with palm trees and other plants. The lower areas of the map are flooded (sewer and mid street). I wanted to try and get away from the regular figure of eight pattern and tried making a different layout that would still be fun and work competitively. I've made it so where A has less entrances into the bomb site but more overall paths to it, while player that go to B have to commit to it, but are rewarded with more paths into the site. I wanted the main area of the map, the street to but a high point of contention between the teams, so there are many ways to get to it and paths that lead to it.
I've still got a long way to go. I hope to keep you updated as I progress.
[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon_overview.jpg]
Overview Layout
[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-07-26_00001.jpg]
T- Spawn
[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-07-26_00003.jpg]
Street view from T side
[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-07-26_00004.jpg]
Peak spot view of Street from CT side (This already seems OP to me and I may take this out)
[Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-07-26_00005.jpg]
View of Bombsite A from near the doors on CT side