1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Setin

Posts by Setin

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • November 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM

    Senturas map:


    I really like the setting, kind of like a castle or something with a river going through it. Seemed interesting. It was fun to play and seemed well enough.


    The dark spot right behind A (the closest site to CT spawn?) seemed like a camper nest and players could see through that window to the entrance of the site. It also seemed like this site was literally never used by T's to plant the bomb. You may want to look in on that. The other site though seemed pretty good. Maybe some more cover on the bridge would help.


    Does anyone have any feedback for my map?

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • November 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM

    I'd like to get a test in for my map on Tuesday if one is available.

  • [HL2EP2] Rising Water

    • Setin
    • October 15, 2013 at 2:20 AM

    Rising water is a single player, standalone level for Half-Life 2: Episode 2. On his way to a rebel outpost with Alyx, Gordon gets into some car trouble. With split second reaction time, Alyx is able to jump out of the buggy before Gordon accidently drives it into an Antlion cave. After recovering from the fall, Gordon realizes the cave is not only full of Antlions, but the water in it is rising fast from the rain, and it is full of leeches! Gordon must climb, run, jump and punt Antlions with the gravity gun to get to the top of the cave before it is too late.Rising water is a single player, standalone level for Half-Life 2: Episode 2. On his way to a rebel outpost with Alyx, Gordon gets into some car trouble. With split second reaction time, Alyx is able to jump out of the buggy before Gordon accidently drives it into an Antlion cave. After recovering from the fall, Gordon realizes the cave is not only full of Antlions, but the water in it is rising fast from the rain, and it is full of leeches! Gordon must climb, run, jump and punt Antlions with the gravity gun to get to the top of the cave before it is too late.


    Download: http://hl2ep2.gamebanana.com/maps/176954


  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • October 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

    I like how I'm in both of those pictures. =D


    Anyways on to feedback:


    I liked the layout, especially around A. I felt like it was way too hard for Ts to get to B, maybe they should reach that inclined route before CTs? In mid, change it to stairs or a ramp, something easier than a car jump to get to the balcony room. Also move the other car in mid closer to the wall so it's easier to boost on.

  • DE_Overgrown

    • Setin
    • October 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM

    Looks very interesting. Love that first screen especially.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • September 27, 2013 at 2:55 AM

    I'd like to get my map de_monsoon back up for testing this Sunday if there is a spot available. I've gone through a lot of reworks with it.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Setin
    • September 27, 2013 at 2:54 AM
    Quote from OrnateBaboon

    JeanPaul - I feel like you are jumping the gun a bit there by canning it. The map has good potential, and while it had a few issues, nothing that cannot be solved with some solid iterating. It is also quite a memorable map. The outside site is already good. The interior site was really the only big issue, but that could look excellent with the right work. It has opportunities for using light well like these (CS:GO) shots.


    For what it is worth, I have been playing the Operation Bravo maps, and they play a lot better in the hands of the public, than they ever did in the playtests. So if you are canning the map based on the two tests we had of the map, I would urge you to reconsider!


    Ditto. Don't give up on it yet. I gave up on my monsoon map partly because I was just lost as to where it would go and didn't think I could recover it. I am currently reworking most of the areas, but the overall theme and high-level basic layout are very similar. I enjoyed playing your map in the tests and actually did have a lot of fun with your inner area. There were some issues but I think they can be fixed. I really liked your map.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Setin
    • September 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    Quote from JeanPaul

    Losing motivation with what? maps as a whole? Or just detailing? Greyboxing?

    It's mostly with the beginning stages. Trying to get a good layout. I understand that it takes a lot of playtesting to get a layout to be good, but for some reason I sometimes get this feeling that if I don't get it right the first time that it may be unable to be salvaged. I might also just be lost on how the end product should look so i wouldn't know what to do.


    I follow those same procedures for the most part. I just need to be able to get past these mental issues and work. Once I get into detailing with my map I am fine, I usually have a lot of motivation. I just get stuck in the start.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Setin
    • September 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM

    I have this problem as well. At first I'm always really motivated, but after a time I just hate everything about it. Would you mind sharing what steps you take now to help prevent you from loosing your motivation?

  • CS_AGENCY

    • Setin
    • September 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

    Amazing work!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Setin
    • August 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

    I like that new helipad Puddy, but why does it have the "+" on it? Is it medical? I think changing it to a large "H" would fit better.

  • [CS:GO] de_monsoon WIP

    • Setin
    • August 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM

    Okay so after today's playtest I got a lot of feedback saying that the previous version was better but that this new version had some nice things as well. Let me go over what I got and if anyone agrees/disagrees or has any suggestions please feel free to comment.


    Feedback

    - The previous version was better

    - Site A in new version was a problem (too many turns)

    - The previous version was liked for being indoors

    - Both versions seemed to lack interest and were the least played site by far

    - The new version of mid is better, even though it seemed to be used less than the previous version

    - The new version feels more maze like, less open, walls need to be lowered/have different heights (the uniform height and size was just to make it faster, not meant to be representative of final product)

    - Doesn't feel like you're pushing out through a chokepoint into an area (e.g. de_train)


    I have some further questions.

    - Did you prefer the new or old version of CT/T spawn?

    - Did you prefer the new Bombsite B more?

    - Did you feel like the new mid needed a path to B?

    - If the new A site became more open would you prefer that over the indoor version?


    Currently I'm thinking of going back to the previous version and switching the old mid out for the new one, then tweaking from there.Thanks again for the playtest guys!

  • [CS:GO] de_monsoon WIP

    • Setin
    • August 12, 2013 at 10:05 PM

    *Updated 8/12/13


    New pics of updated layout and of a new layout.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • August 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM

    I'd like to get mine in on that Tuesday test as well.

  • [CS:GO] de_monsoon WIP

    • Setin
    • August 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM

    *Updated 8/9/13

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • August 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

    Hey guys, thanks for the playtest! I can tell there are a lot of things to work on, fixing the rain being number 1. Thanks again for the feedback.

  • Alistair Hill - Level/Environment Artist

    • Setin
    • August 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM

    I would say that you need more pictures. Also I would remove that filter you have over all of your pictures, just show what it actually looks like. Only 2-3 per map is pretty low. If possible, videos would be an excellent addition to the site so that we can see the maps in action. People have a low attention span and you have to capture an employers attention very quickly and wow them, so videos can definitely help with that.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • August 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM

    I'd like to get mine in on the next available testing time if possible.

  • [CS:GO] de_monsoon WIP

    • Setin
    • August 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

    Chatter has been picked up indicating an imminent attack on a small town in southeast Asia. Intel reports that the target is the church. A secondary target in the area may also be the Tree of Life, an old sacred tree in the town. We need you to prevent the Terrorists from succeeding. If they are able to successfully attack this town, then more attacks may follow in this region. Oh, and weather reports indicate a monsoon moving in, so be quick. Civilians have already been evacuated so weapons free.


    *NEW UPDATE: 8/12/13:


    On a spree last night after I saw an interesting picture, I redrew up another layout and whiteboxed it out really fast. Turns out it was a lot of fun to play. I've got pictures of the previous version in game that I had changed after the playtest and of the new one I made yesterday/this morning. Any input is appreciated.


    Old 8/9/13:


    After the playtest I've gone over the map a lot more. I felt unhappy with the bombsites in general and decided to rework those. I also went through all the feedback I received and changed the layout accordingly.


    I also went over the theme again. The area is now a old, small town in the Philippines during the start of a monsoon. There are stone buildings combined with wood/corrugated metal ones with limited foliage. This was changed to a more populated town with tons of high buildings.


    I should have the changes completed by Tuesday to possibly playtest again.


    Changes:

    - Rain has been fixed! Had wrong setting on func_precipitation volume.

    - Shifted mid/CT spawn/T spawn slightly over to the left to more center it. Also crunched up the map slightly more so the paths weren't so long. The testing showed A as a less interesting area and felt too long to get to. This was to help Site A get more attention and reduce walking times.

    - Got rid of the awper paradise. AWPs were good everywhere, so I went through and shortened paths and made them less sniper friendly overall.

    - I was unhappy with both sites. The seemed uninteresting and lacked a good theme or any character. Bombsite A is now a church. Bombsite B is now a large tree on a platform.

    - Got rid of the low water. Just going to have the puddle meshes instead.

    - Mid is more straightforward. Previously there was a long path with a wide area attached to the right of the center. This felt awkward and didn't have good action.

    - Changed path from Mid to B to go to a path instead of into the site. There felt like too many places to watch in the previous version of bombsite B. I also felt like there should be somewhere to back up into and decided that just moving the path to not go into B would fix this.

    - The palm tree path was removed because it felt to clunky.


    Preview picture (T spawn):

    Old 8/5/13

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-08-05_00001.jpg]


    Layout:

    *NEW 8/12/13 (New version) - Alpha 3

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/de_monsoon_overview6.jpg]

    Old

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon_overview5.jpg]

    Old 8/5/13

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon_overview4.jpg]


    Mid:

    *NEW 8/12/13 (Updated version) - Alpha 2 (from CT side)

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha2_MidFromCT.jpg]

    *NEW 8/12/13 (New version) - Alpha 3 (from T side)

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha3_MidFromT.jpg]

    Old 8/5/13

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-08-05_00002.jpg]


    Bombsite A:

    *NEW 8/12/13 (Updated version) - Alpha 2

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha2_ASite.jpg]

    *NEW 8/12/13 (New version) - Alpha 3

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha3_ASite.jpg]

    Old 8/5/13

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-08-05_00003.jpg]


    Bombsite B:

    *NEW 8/12/13 (Updated version) - Alpha 2

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha2_BSite.jpg]

    *NEW 8/12/13 (New version) - Alpha 3

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha3_BSite.jpg]

    Old 8/5/13

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/2013-08-05_00004.jpg]


    CT Spawn

    *NEW 8/12/13 (Updated version) - Alpha 2

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha2_CTSpawn.jpg]

    *NEW 8/12/13 (New version) - Alpha 3

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha3_CTSpawn.jpg]


    T Spawn

    *NEW 8/12/13 (Updated version) - Alpha 2

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha2_TSpawn.jpg]

    *NEW 8/12/13 (New version) - Alpha 3

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_monsoon/Alpha3_TSpawn.jpg]

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • August 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM

    cs_agency:


    I really like the visuals so far. It gives off the Mirror's Edge vibe of being really bright, clean, and vibrant. I feel now like changing it to sunset might ruin that but we'll see. The ads in mid were also a nice touch =). One thing on gameplay though, I felt like the paper room with the hostage in it was unbalanced. A terrorist could sit in there and watch 2 of the 3 mains paths (stairs and one of the mid walkways) to the hostages while in strong cover. Maybe just change that paper box prop to something taller so they have to leave the room to see out into mid.


    de_viper:


    Looks like it could be interesting, hard to tell gameplay with just open areas and no real cover besides from the bsp. A seemed like it was too easy to defend and as a T I never felt like I wanted to go there. (this could obv. change being 5v5). A site looked really interesting though. B was a fun site, but seemed a little large.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™